News Adesanya does not plan on fighting Whittaker in September. Wants more time after his past year.

Is there even an event in Australia scheduled for September?

Also UFC loves Izzy, no way they strip him although Jacare would surely be happy.

The dudes been fighting non stop and went through a legit war with Gastelum. I think in this case it's justified he gets a little more time.

It's 5 months away....

IF the UFC has already put plans in motion, he simply won't have a choice.

If he fights in early november I won't have any issue

Now even interim champs can't wait to not fight...

<Prem973>
Of course. The problem for him is that there are other contenders at 185. If the UFC grows impatient, they could make Whittaker vs Jacare. Once that fight happens, they would likely strip Adesanya.

Lol. If this wasn't such a big fight to make i'm sure the Red Goof would've stripped him and gave the shot to someone else

I would strip his belt and give the title shot for someone who really wants to be a champion. Put Jacaré there, a man who really deserves it.

He just had a war with a 5"5 WW he ain't ready for Rob. Smart move

strip him then. the interim belt shouldnt have been made to begin with and Whitaker has been away long enough.

Whittaker Jacare 2? And then Izzy fights the winner (probably Whittaker)

He does deserve the time off and Jacare deserves a title shot. Seems like a win/win to me

Wtf is up with people itt acting like hes saying some crazy stuff. He’s had a super packed 14 months, and just went through an absolute war of a fight where he got rocked multiple times. Ofc hes not gonna fight in 3-5 months.

Halloween time seems right to make that fight. Israel needs a month or two to recover before hard training resumes and Whitaker is coming off injury also.

He just had a war with a 5"5 WW he ain't ready for Rob. Smart move

I like how we've gone from 5'9 to 5'6 and now 5'5. Shows that you are a hater. Gastelum is as tall as DC who is the hw champion

i mean it's warranted - the guy just fought six times in 14 months and went five brutal rounds. he needs time to recover

that being said, UFC will strip him, dana will bury him in the press, and they will feed him to wrestlers for the rest of his UFC career

Izzy needs to give Tony and Colby a call and ask them what happens to interim belt winners who don't sign the first unification bout contract offered them.

The dude has fought 6 times in 14 months. 4 of those fighters are ranked top 15, 2 of those are ranked top 10, 1 of those is raked top 5, and 1 is the GOAT MW. How is taking a 5 month break an issue? Lmao

Jesus, MMA fans are complete AIDS sometimes.

I have a feeling Robert Whittaker won't be able to stay healthy.

Back