1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Adesanya and Usman defenders against Khabib have no argument until...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Tevfik1907, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Tevfik1907 Blue Belt

[​IMG]

Until one of these guys tops Jon Jones in the P4P rankings, I can't believe we still have Jones in the P4P, and Adesanya, Usman fans are comparing their guys with Khabib.

- Khabib is the only guy that tops Jon Jones in P4P rankings.

[​IMG]

Once Khabib retired, they put Jon Jones back to P4P rankings, not Adesanya or Usman. Adesanya lost to Blachowicz and defended against Vettori.

Usman defended against former failed LWs Jorge x2 times and, Burns.

Until one of them gets ahead of Jon Jones they have no argument, and Jones didn't fight since Feb 2020, and he arguably lost to Reyes, but still holds his position in P4P rankings, which is shameful for UFC and other champions like Adesanya and Usman, they can't even top Jon Jones who didn't fight since the last year.

Peli likes this.
  2. PlasticFishBowl Blue Belt

Having Jon Jones at #1 p4p still is the most ridiculous thing in the rankings.

blastoff, Mob69, Mattola and 3 others like this.
  3. Kos Fan Brown Belt

Every single UFC champion except for maybe Aljo should be ahead of Jones pfp.

Mob69 likes this.
  4. Peli Silver Belt

I know you're being hyperbolic but Charles shouldn't be ahead of Jon Jones even old jon Jones lol

5. Unfinished Green Belt

Khabib is not even in Top 5.

balkanbomber85 likes this.
  6. Kazuky Orange Belt

Jon is a PED abuser who made a career out of facing people with severe lenght disadvantages and never accepted to move up and challenge himself. The vast majority of his wins were against older men and he actually lost at least one of his 2 fights to a guy that simply isn't that good.

7. Bruce Lee666 Brown Belt

this Ranking is useless, a WW fighter will never fight a LHW so it's silly to compare fighters that have a big weight difference.

8. VinceArch I am all of me.

Not always the case lol.

[​IMG]

9. RustyShacleford Green Belt

Yes, who cares about arbitrary stats like number of title defenses when you can refer to something as concrete as p4p rankings.

accolyte1022 likes this.
  10. Dreyga2000 VOTE DREYGA FOR POSTER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!

USMAN is P4P #1

UFC rankings are bullshit

Azyy and blastoff like this.
  11. Kos Fan Brown Belt

You’re probably not wrong but I think pfp should be taken on a fight by fight basis. Jones barley squeaked by Reyes while Charles put away Chandler, even though he faced adversity. The fight before Charles dominated Tony while Jones, again barley squeaked by Santos. Again you’re probably right but it might be closer than you think.

12. Venom Lurker since '09

This
    ...is not measured by this.

Though is it pretty difficult to even make resume comparisons.

13. JKS 77+&--#rT....

Usman is ahead of Khabib all time and P4P now IMO. It's hard to accept for Khabib fans, but the numbers and performances just don't lie. And with everyone win Usman gets he pulls ahead more and more. I can understand the argument for Khabib being even with Usman all time at the moment and won't debate too much if some say Khabib is still slightly ahead. I mean it's not anything that is definitive. But I let nature take its course.....if Usman beats Colby then it's pretty clear IMO, beats Edwards and you can't really debate about it.

14. Do better Yellow Card Yellow Card

A charitable and subjective ranking means nothing. Jones didn't lose so taking his nonsensical ranking lacks logic, regardless of ones distaste

15. Terrestrial Extra White Belt

Adesanya defended against Vettori and lost to the bigger LHW champ... Didn't know he was only 1--1.

No point replying seriously to any troll thread when t.s. is leaving out 90% of fighters' resumes.

Also I never like bring race into the equation but no love for the brothers huh t.s.? Sus.

/THREAD