Addiction is getting Worse! Intervention Needed!

Quit your job and pursue BJJ full-time. :) (joking, fuck.)

I can handle my addiction a bit better. On top of my regular 4-5 days of BJJ, I get to be an assistant instructor once a week for the kids class.

Soon enough, I'm sure conditioning will become by new addiction...

LMFAO @ tapping >> 194837204482 times (english please !)

Bob WE ALL been there man ,,, once u start BJJ u are literally screwed for life bro...i just came back from a long layoff and during that time i NEVER completely got away from BJJ !!its a freaking curse like it was calling me *coommmee bacckkk to bjj * LOL like some voice in my head from time to time. :)

It's a slippery slope. The more you train the more you feel like you need to train and it's almost impossible to back off unless you get hurt. Once, you start to figure things out, you can learn a lot from only training a couple times a week. You never feel like it's enough though.

I had a similar situation in the summer about a year ago. I was breathing wrestling every day. Wake up at 6 a.m. take a bus, and train to get to the beaches downtown. Train there with our team for 1.5-2 hours. then eat, sleep, and get some rest before the practice in 3 hours. that was my routine. didnt allow for work, much of a social life, or anything else, but it was tremendously fun. I over trained eventually, and had to take some time off, so my suggestion would be to keep ALL aspects of your life in check. good luck!

First page of my myspace - "I have a new addiction, and her name is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu"...

Its normal if you really are into the mindset of getting better.

I would agree with someone who said overtraining leads to injury.. Becareful. Training for my last tournament- managed to get both knees injured and an elbow. Learn to tap when you should, and when to work escape technique when available.

There's always lunch breaks. I've been working out during the work-day for over five years now. When time has been an issue I cut it down to about an hour (works out to 20 min rolling), but my normal is about 45 min. There's a brown belt working in the same building (some days, different company) but he can't seem to handle eating at his desk while he works.

In my case, when I get injured, it makes it worse because I have to obsess all the time, watch tons of vids, google my injury to make sure i ll be able to train again, etc...

Hi, my name is Paige and I'm an addict. I haven't trained in 11 days due to a broken rib. ha heh

I still have 12 more days to go before I can drill technique and prob another week or so after that untill I can roll. the count down continues...

All I do in my free time is read about Joo jits, watch instructional videos and think about how I'm gonna go about wrecking those girls at my next tourney.

On the bright side, all this pent up jits withdrawl is gonna be awsome for my game when I get back on that mat.

And every body says; Hi Vinny.....

The first step toward your black belt, is acknowledging your an addict.

This is the damn truth. I am constantly asked by family/friends/co-workers...."is this all you think about?"

The best cure to BJJ addiction is injury caused by overtraining.

Yeah man. You have a daughter. BJJ is wonderfull, but being able to support your family should come first, if not your a douchebag, and will get triangled lots lol.

Back