ADD.....ADHD

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone officially diagnosed. Anyone have a family member with it?
I am interested in some of your experiences personal or otherwise..TY.

I was diagnosed as a kid with add and took ridilin for a while, but got off it pretty quick. I would walk around the classroom when I finished the assignment and try to talk to other kids. Turns out I was just bored with easy classes not add.

My cousin has adhd and it's a whole different level. He honestly can sit 30 seconds without talking to someone or moving around. He's 36 and still this way

I think I was diagnosed with this as a kid, but I think it's bullshit.

What was this thread about?

I watched a lot of cartoons, not enough sports or chores than I should've and I was pampered by my folks. My grades weren't as high as they should have been and my career was same. I have trouble focusing for more than 5 minutes for tedious tasks. I probably have some sort of ADHD.

There's no such things!!! Not even joking!

Sick to death of these little tards with there "diagnoses" which are purely based off bad parenting!

How about a lick of discipline!!!!

Last edited:
I once tried to convince my doctor I had it so he would give me a script for some Ritalin.

It didn't work.

Sometimes I think I have slight ADD then I realize I’m just bored listening to some boring can talking to me

I was diagnosed as a kid with add and took ridilin for a while, but got off it pretty quick. I would walk around the classroom when I finished the assignment and try to talk to other kids. Turns out I was just bored with easy classes not add.

My cousin has adhd and it's a whole different level. He honestly can sit 30 seconds without talking to someone or moving around. He's 36 and still this way
I have a friend like that. I honestly thought the whole adhd thing was bullshit until i met him. He claims its from doing tons of E when he was in his 20s.

There's no such things!!! Not even joking!

Sick to death of these little tards with there "diagnoses" which are purely based off bad parenting!

How about a lick of discipline!!!!

i think there may be a few cases where some children really do have a severe form of add/adhd. but i generally agree with you, that it's usually due to bad parenting.

i think there may be a few cases where some children really do have a severe form of add/adhd. but i generally agree with you, that it's usually due to bad parenting.
I won't lie. I had quite a perturbed upbringing during my secondary school years.

I may go on to more details later!

I "had it" and took ritilin or adderal for several years. I don't remember much of primary school not my grade 4 or grade 5 teachers names. By high school it fucked up my sleeping and made me paranoid so I gave it to my friends. My grades got much worse when I was off it but I think it is a horrible drug that will make you feel hollow and empty.

There was no such thing in my childhood. My father cured my lack of attention and hyperactivity with a 1 inch wide belt across my ass. That gets and keeps your attention for a long time.

It’s a made up disorder to sell drugs to little kids and lazy/uninterested people.

Never been diagnosed.

In college, I was approached by a professor of mine and asked if I had been diagnosed. I told him "Hey, if I've made it this far, why does it matter?"

Then, my first job out of college, I had a colleague ask if I had been diagnosed. I told him "Hey, if I've made it this far, why does it matter?"

Later, a boss asked me. I told him "Hey, if I've made it this far, why does it matter?"

I'm in my 40s. I'm a spazz. But, I'm happy, happily married, and never been unemployed. In fact, most of the jobs I've had simply are a good fit for my spazzy-ness.

It’s a real disorder. One of my best friends in middle school had an actual real case of it and he annoyed the shit out of me in class sometimes even though we were close friends.

I will say i have known tons of people diagnosed and that is was bullshit. When you know someone who really has add it makes the kids who “were diagnosed” look like kids being just kids. Overall it is wayyyy overdiagnosed, usually to shitty parenting.

The worse thing to their little educations is removing teh birch and other things!

There was no such thing in my childhood. My father cured my lack of attention and hyperactivity with a 1 inch wide belt across my ass. That gets and keeps your attention for a long time.

This, except my mom dealt it.

#wtfhappenedtooldschooldiscipline

I have ADD, my mom diagnosed it when I was a kid but there wasn’t anything for it then. My life was a trail of unfinished...everything. It was like a faucet being turned off; whatever I was doing, I just walked away from it and I wouldn’t have continued at gunpoint. Finally at age 31 I agreed to try Adderall and I was blown away by the difference. I’ve got more stuff done than I ever dreamed possible. Absolutely life changing!

I got ADHD, got the diagnose in my 30ties.

I think I had adhd when I was in elementary because i kept flunking and not listening to my teachers throughout elementary. Maybe it wasn't adhd but it could have been all the paint chips I ate as a kid.

Back