ADCC Euro Qualifiers?

350 lbs fist

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the ADCC qualifying events for the European quali's?

I see there's one for the British Isles next weekend but I can't find any info on any others though I've heard mention of one in Croatia.

Please help!:D

Hi mate,

Yeah its the UK and Ireland one this weekend and the Croatian one on the 5th of July in Zadar.

I'm competing in both in the novice section of the tournament's

I so far i've figured out that the national champions in each division ( in the advanced section) go onto the official European qualifiers ( the adcc European championships) and then the winners of that competition fight in the ADCC proper!

there will be a Norwegian or at least Scandinavian qualifier , i find that European Fight Network, Grappling Resource for MMA, submission wrestling and Brazilian jiu jitsu, Jiu-jitsu br

Hi mate,

Yeah its the UK and Ireland one this weekend and the Croatian one on the 5th of July in Zadar.

I so far i've figured out that the national champions in each division ( in the advanced section) go onto the official European qualifiers ( the adcc European championships) and then the winners of that competition fight in the ADCC proper!

there will be a Norwegian or at least Scandinavian qualifier , i find that European Fight Network, Grappling Resource for MMA, submission wrestling and Brazilian jiu jitsu, Jiu-jitsu br

Alright Mate

I train at Sapphire in Huyton.....

Its mainly a Thai Gym but Choco Nogueira teaches a class out of it a couple of times a week.

I see your a next Gen.... are you gonna be competing at the Ground control event next month?

I'm trying to get of our guy's down to compete but i'm getting a mixed responce,

I've got my first tournament this saturday and i've just got the bug.... the more competitions the better!:icon_chee

Hi mate,

Alright Mate

I train at Sapphire in Huyton.....

Its mainly a Thai Gym but Choco Nogueira teaches a class out of it a couple of times a week.

I see your a next Gen.... are you gonna be competing at the Ground control event next month?

I'm trying to get of our guy's down to compete but i'm getting a mixed responce,

I've got my first tournament this saturday and i've just got the bug.... the more competitions the better!:icon_chee

Hey , Yeah i know sapphire, I trained there one day over christmas when Next Gen was closed. Very nice gym and good lads also.

Yeah im competing in the Ground control event it should be good fun. I love day events , its really good to put your skills that you have learned against a total stranger. you should come down.

If you want to enter tournaments then id sujest looking up the Ren-Bu-Kai and UMA ones. There held every 1 or 2 months and its helped me alot to have a competitve roll now and again.

Good Luck at ADCC

Thanks for the heads up mate,

I've already registered for GroundControl and am really looking forward to it with it being local.

Most of us in the Gym haven't competed at a tournament before so i'm testing the water at the ADCC's and i think one or two are coming to watch so we can get an idea of what they can expect when they decide to enter.

I'm trying to get a proper Grappling team together for the Gym as on the Thai side of things the lads are at interclubs or pro fights every other week while on the BJJ side of things we don't seem to be focused towards compertition as much...... which is cool enough but like you said sometimes it great to be able to test yourself and see where you stand in the greater scale of thinks.

I'll check out the Ren-Bu-Kai and UMA websites and hopefully i'll be able to get something lined
up for lads.

Thanks for the Good luck wishes and i'm sure i'll see you at ground control!
:icon_chee

Wow!

what a day!

Yesterday was my first tournament and i placed 3rd in the novice under 91kg division!!!:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

I couldn't have been more nervouse when i stepped onto the mat ,but I won my first fight without to much trouble the guy pulled guard i passed into side control then to mount and subbed him with a key lock in within about a 90 seconds so that setteled my nerves a bit.

for the semi final i lost to the guy who won the division and to be fair he dominated me, i took me down with a big slam straight into side control i panic'd and gave him my back and he rnc'd me for the win.

i was disapointed that i tapped but he had the choke in tight and i was seeing stars when i got to my feet and he was a lot stronger and better than i was so i couln't have any complaints.

i spoke with him after the fight and he'd been training for a year and a half ( ive been training for 4 months) so i took some heart from that and the guy went on to win the final via choke again after a huge takedown.

I was supposed to fight for third but my opponant didn't show when his name was called so i took 3rd by default, not the way i wanted to win my first trophy but it was the ADCC nationals so i'll take it.:redface:

in the novice absolute i was beaten in the first round by the guy who came second again i gave on my back to easily this time defended to choke really well for well over a minute but as i turned into him he cought me with a triangle for the sub.

agin i had a chat with him and he told me he had been training for 3 years so i can't be too disapointed overall the guys i lost to where better more experianced BJJ players so its all part of the learning curve.

I was absolutly made up with the experiance and to get my first compertition under my belt even though i perhaps wasn't ready to be truly competative but i did learn some real key points......

The negatives

1. get my weight cut right!!!!

When i started training i was a fairbit over weight and 105kg i set as a goal to get down to 91kg for this tounament( i signed upabout 2 months ago) which i though was achivable.

on the day i weighed in a 87kg which is great for me personally but i was giving up nearly 10kg to some of the other competitors so for my next tounament i try to gage it rightand get down to the 85kg mark.

2. i need to learn to wrestle or maybe a bit of judo?

In class we roll from knees and do no stand up training, in the two fights i lost i was hesitant on the feet and was pretty much waiting to be taken down.

in all honesty i felt a little over whelmed so its somthing i'm gonna have to adress if i want to improve.

The positives

1. i've got my first tounamant under my belt and although i didn't perform the way i do in class i've leant some valuble lessons and can now set new goals to omprove my game.

2. I came third in the ADCC Nationals :icon_chee

3.All of the big clubs in the uk where presant, london shootfighters, roger gracie accadamy , all of the G-B schools and I went to the tounament on my own, I entered under my own steam, my club wern't involed my coach wasn't there and none of my team mates competed.

i did it all on my own and i did ok so i'm quite proud of myself today :icon_chee

congrats ^ those guys you faced had that much experience and still competed in the novice division?? that sounded kinda odd but then again im not sure with adcc's rules or regs, it just seems like they should have entered a beginner level instead of novice

Thanks for the props mate, i'm really pleased!

don't know what the ADCC rules are for the states for here in the uk there were only two experiance catagorys, novice and advanced.

the novice is supposed to be 0-2 years training, so the guy who beat me in my division was fine.

The guy who beat me in the absolute should have been in the advanced but i had a chat with him after the fight and he said that knew he wasn't up to required level so he entered the novice instead.

i've got no complaints though I had a great day competing i enjoyed watching the superfights and i'm definitley going to be better prepaired for my next tourament now i know what to expect! :D

Back