ADCC 2013 Total Submissions

tap21

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
ADCC 2013 Total Submissions

It looks like it was 15 leg attack submissions and 24 other submissions.

It's hard to watch three screens at once. Fill me in if I missed one or made a mistake.

Note: Most websites have Pietilainen/Britt as a pts finish...but my notes show it was possibly a kneebar??? The recorded stream on Ustream skips over this match. Can anyone who actually watched or heard from Britt or Pietilainen resolve this? [Dogpatch on sherdog confirmed kneebar.]

Leg Attack Finishes (15 total, 8 heelhooks, 2 kneebars, 3 toehold, 2 straight ankles):

Vinny def Bo inside heelhook
Pietilainen def Britt kneebar
Buchecha def Friedrich Toehold
Lister def Yang heelhook
Kuminsky def Puopolo straight ankle
Lister def lenon heelhook
Barral def dong kneebar
Miyao def Ramos straight ankle
Miyao def Vieira heelhook
Lister def. Lazzarini heelhok
Assis def. Nogueira Heelhook
Buchecha def. Rocha de Oliveira Heelhook
Keenan def. Lenon Heelhook
Lister def. Sekine Toehold
Lister def. Rocha de Oliveira Toehold

Other Finishes ( 26 total, 9 RNC, 5 armbar, 2 kimura, 5 guillotine, 3 triangle, 2 Darce):

Rocha de Oliveira def Wilson RNC
Cyborg def Martell armbar
Sanchez def Mendoga crucifix RNC
Buchecha def Sekine kimura
Lazzarina def Otaviano Guillotine
Narkun def Isaev Triangle
Nogueira def drueco guillotine
Lazzarini def Uminski guillotine
Lovato def Anzai triangle
Piechota def. Calasans darce
Popovitch def. Avellan armbar
Lovato def Chsiev triangle
Keenan def piechota darce
Kron def Wang RNC
Kron def. Tonan RNC
Sauza def Henderson armbar
Rafa def. Takahito kimura
Vieira def sasaki guillotine
Cobrinha def hemmings RNC
Rafa def Suzuki Armbar
Galvao def Braulio RNC
Kron def. JT overhook armbar
Kron def. Sauza Guillotine
Cyborg def. Uminski RNC
Souza def. Noh RNC
JT def. Rios Cop Choke RNC

Last edited:
Thanks for the breakdown. There was a similar breakdown of the 2011 ADCC where Heel hook had the most finishes. It probably would been number #1 again if Palhares entered. I think number 2 was the guillotine

just one thing re the names - ADCC used a strange name for Joao Gabriel Rocha (full name Joao Gabriel Rocha de Oliveira). They listed him as Gabriel Oliveira and you've got him down as Oliveira. But he is called Rocha. It's confusing I know but it makes identifying him very difficult if people don't use his normal name.

Thanks for the breakdown mate. Most of us are very thankful of this!

I know a few of these are off. There were more RNCs. Otavio Souza won his first by RNC. There are a couple others I see that are slightly off. But I know that you can go through the entire stream again on each of the 3 channels, so if 1 channel cut out on you for one match it's definitely on another channel.

There were definitely more than 8 RNCs, and a few finishes are not on the list, but other than that the list looks pretty accurate to my memory. Rafa Mendes actually finished Suzuki from and armbar from the back, not a RNC, and Otavio Souza got a RNC in his first match against Noh.

Thanks for the breakdown. There was a similar breakdown of the 2011 ADCC where Heel hook had the most finishes. It probably would been number #1 again if Palhares entered. I think number 2 was the guillotine

Here was my submission count from 2011:
"If I am counting right, here's how the numbers break down in the mens divisions for ADCC this year:

52 wins by pts
17 wins by leglock
8 wins by armbar
6 wins by guillotine
5 wins by RNC
4 wins by triangle
2 wins by judges decision
1 win by D'Arce
1 win by DQ

That means that there were as many leglocks as armbars, RNCs, and Triangles combined!"
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1881333&page=1

just one thing re the names - ADCC used a strange name for Joao Gabriel Rocha (full name Joao Gabriel Rocha de Oliveira). They listed him as Gabriel Oliveira and you've got him down as Oliveira. But he is called Rocha. It's confusing I know but it makes identifying him very difficult if people don't use his normal name.

Fixed.

I know a few of these are off. There were more RNCs. Otavio Souza won his first by RNC. There are a couple others I see that are slightly off. But I know that you can go through the entire stream again on each of the 3 channels, so if 1 channel cut out on you for one match it's definitely on another channel.

There were definitely more than 8 RNCs, and a few finishes are not on the list, but other than that the list looks pretty accurate to my memory. Rafa Mendes actually finished Suzuki from and armbar from the back, not a RNC, and Otavio Souza got a RNC in his first match against Noh.

Fixed Rafa/Suzuki. Added Souza/Noh. What other RNCs were there?

Fixed Rafa/Suzuki. Added Souza/Noh. What other RNCs were there?

I'll go back through and look at my day 1 stream after work. I swear I saw more than 8. Maybe I'm wrong, probably am. I was pretty sure that Cobrinha finished the RNC on Marcio Andre but maybe time ran out as he was locking it in. Same with Barral and Lovato. I guess time ran out even though the choke was locked on.

Here was my submission count from 2011:
"If I am counting right, here's how the numbers break down in the mens divisions for ADCC this year:

52 wins by pts
17 wins by leglock
8 wins by armbar
6 wins by guillotine
5 wins by RNC
4 wins by triangle
2 wins by judges decision
1 win by D'Arce
1 win by DQ

That means that there were as many leglocks as armbars, RNCs, and Triangles combined!"
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1881333&page=1

Why do you count all the leg locks in a single category but not do the same for, say, chokes? Because really it's silly to count a heel hook as the same submission as a kneebar.

Why do you count all the leg locks in a single category but not do the same for, say, chokes? Because really it's silly to count a heel hook as the same submission as a kneebar.

I split them up this year by upper body vs. lower body and then listed each one individually.

What's really funny is that putting all chokes together in 2011 still would have yielded only 16 chokes vs. 17 leglocks.

I guess the secret is to heel hook everyone.

The crazy thing was when Meow was getting heel hooked and he just looked at the guy as if nothing was wrong (forget opponent).

I guess the secret is to heel hook everyone.

The crazy thing was when Meow was getting heel hooked and he just looked at the guy as if nothing was wrong (forget opponent).

Rafael Mendes had some deep heel hooks on Miyao and nothing happened.

People sleep really hard on Rader's ability to endure punishing foot locks. Miyao had him in a couple gnarly toe holds and heel hooks. At one point Lovato from the corner even said "Rader doesn't tap."

Cobrinha had Rader in a couple heel hooks and beyond that, sort of a heel hook / calf slicer combo that looked absolutely nauseating.

Screen_Shot_2013_10_21_at_6_34_48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2013_10_21_at_6_32_45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2013_10_21_at_6_34_12_PM.png

JT vs Rios was a cop choke/RNC. Will add to list tonight.

Back