Adam West has passed away

Everyone who watched the 60's Batman show, even in reruns, must have fun memories of it. Sad.

RIP Adam West.

I haven't seen the show in years, but I watched it obsessively growing up. RIP Mr. West.

True story: I walk to my gym along West Adam Street. The name always struck me as mildly amusing.

I'll miss him as Mayor of Quahog. I loved the 60's Batman series.

I guess the cycle of life applies to bats too. Rest in bat peace, man.

As a bit of an amateur comic historian... the Batman comics were so played out and doing so poorly in the 60s that dc were thinking of cancelling the batman comic. Then the tv show came and did so well that it renewed interest and saved the comic.

He might not have been the darkest, but he's probably the most important man to play Batman.

I normally bang on about how the artists work is still there and you didn't know them etc so why be sad.

But Adam West in batman was a staple in my childhood.

RIP Mr West, I loved your work and have always had the utmost respect for you. Gutted.

168b322cc442f6f9431b5fc0d69366b6.jpg

I would watch the re-runs of Batman as a kid. I loved it the cliffhangers that the show left us with.

As a bit of an amateur comic historian... the Batman comics were so played out and doing so poorly in the 60s that dc were thinking of cancelling the batman comic. Then the tv show came and did so well that it renewed interest and saved the comic.

He might not have been the darkest, but he's probably the most important man to play Batman.
<mma4>

Well god damn. Rip Adam,another part of my childhood dies.

The year is 1994. A burgeoning channel on basic cable appears on tv. The channel is Fox FX and the show is Batman. What a show it was! Good show, Mr. West.

A completely unique comedic presence. Rest in peace.

Back