Adam Rainer-The only Dwarf Giant ever recorded.

Zanderlini

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Summary this poor sap was around 4ft tall as an adult then a pituitary tumor had him grow in adulthood to 7ft 8inches. This makes him the only recorded person to be a both dwarf and a giant. So he went from a dwarf to a bed ridden giant. Poor guy. That's a rough life, but he did live until age 50 and must have had at least some time his height was actually enjoyable.

Rainer was born in Graz, Austria-Hungary (present day Austria), in 1899.[3] In 1917, at age 18, he was measured at 122.55 cm (4 ft 0.25 in), then in 1918, at age 19, he was measured at 111.5 cm (3 ft 7.9 in). As a child of normal parents, Adam Rainer was described as very small, thin and weak up to his 21st birthday. In 1917 and 1918, therefore he was refused entry into the Austro-Hungarian Army to take part in the First World War.[4] A typical defining characteristic of dwarfism is an adult height below 147 cm (4 ft 10 in). Then, likely as a result of a pituitary tumor, he had a dramatic growth spurt so that by 1932 at the age of 33, he had reached a height of 218 cm (7 ft 2 in).[5] Two doctors examined him in detail between August 1930 and May 1931. His height was 216 cm (7 ft 1 in). A benign pituitary adenoma was found, which was responsible for the enormous growth. Oskar Hirsch removed the adenoma.[4] As a result of his gigantism, he later became bedridden for the rest of his life.[3] When he died in 1950 at the age of 51, he had reached a height of 234 cm (7 ft 8 in).[6] He went from US shoe size 10 (EUR size 43) at age 19 to size 20 (EUR 53) only three years later.[7]
fa88a3202413d27707e599e7d2141557.jpg

Last edited:
Cool Ill just use my imagination here
Brb Im pretending.
9tLS.gif

Hold up? He got 4 inches SHORTER from age 18 to 19? How does that work when you're a teen? I thought that's impossilbe and only happens as an adult.

I met a man who claimed he had dwarfism. He was at least 5'10.

The dwafism only affected his arms. They were out of proportion being shorter. Until he pointed this out I hadn't noticed.

I notice other lengths first normally.

Hold up? He got 4 inches SHORTER from age 18 to 19? How does that work when you're a teen? I thought that's impossilbe and only happens as an adult.
Lol i was thinking the same shit, apparently rulers were less the reliable at that time. Probably a measuring mistake. Or a dude tippy toed first time around, trying to be eligible for the war.

The dwafism only affected his arms. They were out of proportion being shorter. Until he pointed this out I hadn't noticed.

How was Artem in person? Do you ask about Conor or was this before they trained together?

Lol i was thinking the same shit, apparently rulers were less the reliable at that time. Probably a measuring mistake. Or a dude tippy toed first time around, trying to be eligible for the war.

That's a very large mistake. I can see 1/2 inch or something.

HGH therapy probably makes regular sized dwarfes. I've seen a guy who looked like a regular size dwarf. He was average height but had a long torso, big forehead, and short arms.

I have a giant third leg

Back