Adam Carolla Podcast: Sidekick Alison Rosen is GONE

I've been thinking more about this and I feel like the audience deserves more of an explanation. It's Adams show, he runs it, but he also asks for and receives a lot of financial support from his listeners. People are pretty pissed not just about the firing but about the lack of a send off or decent explanation and rightfully so IMO. Of course the longer we don't get an explanation the more it makes me think it was an Alison vs Bryan situation.

He went into it more this morning basically just reiterating what he said yesterday and apologizing for being so cold about the whole thing but it didn't really change anything.

Also reading twitter last night and just what I've gathered from bits in the past; Lynette is a dopey bitch.

I like Adam a lot, I think he's a really smart guy but he's a horrible liar. When he's lying about something its so god damn obvious and he always uses the same excuse which is he has a low self-esteem so he didn't know any better.

To have a loved, respected partner on your show for 4 years, kick her to curb by email, give a half hearted 30 second explanation that she won't be back but you like her and you think she's super talented and it's nothing personal is the biggest load of shit I've heard this year.

David Wild came on today and had some good criticisms for Adam today. Said he gets a lot of things right but he definitely got this one wrong.

In the words of Adam, "he'll be missed."

Lynette is talking shit about her on twitter saying she's a bitch behind the scenes.

Alison's hot.
Just listened to Adam's explanation and it would be reasonable if his wife wasn't sending out shitty tweets

Lynette's Tweets:

you have NO idea what goes on off air. People are clueless and quick to judge

He's taking the high road & again gets labeled the bad guy He had no choice

I'm sorry, we're all sorry, things aren't the way they seem on air. If they were the real deal, I don't think people would listen

sometimes you have to take the high road, even if it makes you look like a dick.

it's not that he wanted 2 "change sidekicks"He felt had 2 do whats best 4 him & moral at co. He needs 2 zip it, take hi rd.

nothing as it "seems" on air.

I agree the tweets don't seem to jive with what Adam said on air, but she hasn't said Alison is a bitch behind the scenes, or really even talked shit about her. She's just insinuating something was going on. Unless you're seeing different tweets than me.

Adam's explanation (the longer one given last night with David Wild) seems totally legit knowing him and his personality and philosophies. I don't think he would let some stupid squabble between Bryan and Alison (or any of the other employees) fuck up his show. Even though I liked her on the show, I think he's right that Alison is probably not best suited for that sidekick role, she's kind of an alpha female in a way. He's not afraid of change, he's always talking about that. He's very pragmatic and if the show didn't feel right to him, he's going to do something.

But all that said, Lynette's tweets seem weird and I don't know how exactly to align them with what Adam has said.

David Wild came on today and had some good criticisms for Adam today. Said he gets a lot of things right but he definitely got this one wrong.

It was good to hear him call him out a little bit. Nobody does that to his face. Of course he only did it after sufficiently kissing his ass for 3 minutes (you are one of the most intelligent people I know....), but still.

Adam's explanation seems legit aside from how it all went down. Nothing personal but I'm going to treat you like a piece of garbage I need to toss out.

You've obviously never heard her on a podcast. She's a vapid stupid bitch and her political beliefs are so ignorant and just downright repulsive. Kevein Pereira had to apologize to the audience for what she was saying on his podcast years ago.

Not a bad comedian, just an ignorant stupid bitch.
I know her from her standup in her specials, on Comedy Central, Last Comic Standing, etc. She struck me as staunchly conservative, which is incredibly rare in the comedy community, as far as I can tell, and from your vague comments I would surmise that she may share Adam's perspective on immigrants, minorities, and the poor? Or is she an insane feminazi? I never picked up that vibe from her, but Adam wouldn't go from that.

I googled that Pereira podcast and it was 2 hours. No thanks. So you'll have to Cliff Note it if you want me to understand what you're talking about.

I know her from her standup in her specials, on Comedy Central, Last Comic Standing, etc. She struck me as staunchly conservative, which is incredibly rare in the comedy community, as far as I can tell, and from your vague comments I would surmise that she may share Adam's perspective on immigrants, minorities, and the poor? Or is she an insane feminazi? I never picked up that vibe from her, but Adam wouldn't go from that.

I googled that Pereira podcast and it was 2 hours. No thanks. So you'll have to Cliff Note it if you want me to understand what you're talking about.

They were talking about the problem in Palestine and she pretty much said "Fuck the Palestinians" and her exact quote was "To the victor go the spoils"

She's nuts and just really fucking stupid. She had her ex boyfriend trick her into believing he's a millionaire with a dying mother for months/years. She's just not a very good or intelligent person from the sounds of it, and I don't know if I could listen to her on a daily show when she's so contentious and just downright ignorant

This. He kind of blew his wad though. There really isn't anyone he hasn't interviewed at this point. I never listen when he interviews some off the wall indie musician, which seems to be more than half of his interviews at this point.

I just listen to Gilbert's podcast, best one going right now IMO.

Don't know if it's the best but it a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. As far as Adam's show goes I can't say I'll miss Allison but if it means more Bald Bryan then it was probably a bad move.

Tried but could never get into Maron. Not funny, not interesting, I don't get the appeal.

i hated her, well she was boring, i used to ride the train to work everyday about 40 minutes from jan to april and i would listen to the podcast it should just be Adam, Bald Bryan, and Deaf Frat Guy. I also listened to joe rogan podcast but got sick of his product placement bs, alpha brain yo!!!! get onnit!!

I like his standup but never heard his podcast but I heard it's more of an in depth interview style

It's pretty good. Go through his archives and listen to interviews with comedians/actors/musicians you like

i hated her, well she was boring, i used to ride the train to work everyday about 40 minutes from jan to april and i would listen to the podcast it should just be Adam, Bald Bryan, and Deaf Frat Guy. I also listened to joe rogan podcast but got sick of his product placement bs, alpha brain yo!!!! get onnit!!

Baldy sucks imo.

Back