Adam Carolla Podcast: Sidekick Alison Rosen is GONE

Wonder if Adam is bummed since he's doing Podcasts while Jimmy is a huge star. Carolla is always kick ass on the stern show. He'd be good in the artie chair full time

oh man, does howard's show need someone funny. the show started going downhill for me after jackie left. it was still pretty good with artie, stuttering john, and kc. but now the show is just bad. and with howard talking about his untalented wife all the time, it's just not worth listening to anymore.

Couldn't care less about her or Adam's podcast. I used to listen to him but he had become increasingly prone to retarded outbursts of racism, bigotry, and homophobia among other things.

Examples of this? I dont listen to his podcast but I don't remember this from the loveline days.

I haven't heard his show since KLSX went away. I honestly can't be bothered with podcasts. I listen to radio driving to and from work, that's it.

You don't have anything to plug your phone or music player into your car? Step your game up.

I liked her but you could tell the last few episodes of the year that she didn't really want to be there. She was flipping shit to Bryan hard a few times. She wouldn't dare do it to Adam on the air because he'd tear her apart. She was funny and good for the role she was in but I could tell it was coming to an end.

The new girl has subbed in the past and she is horrible. Not funny, zero personality. I guarantee she will not be around long.

Oh yeah, Bald Bryan seemed almost giddy when they announced she wouldn't be back.

I don't really care one way or the other but people are flipping shit on reddit and dimesforscale. So much butt hurt...

Wtf does flipping shit mean? Is this some podcast lingo I am not aware of? Or is it some made up phrase you crazy kids are using these days like "turn up" and "Yolo"?

Also I had no idea that her and Bryan had beef. I thought it was more like a brother sister bickering.

Wtf does flipping shit mean? Is this some podcast lingo I am not aware of? Or is it some made up phrase you crazy kids are using these days like "turn up" and "Yolo"?

Also I had no idea that her and Bryan had beef. I thought it was more like a brother sister bickering.

I didn't think they had beef either. Maybe he was giddy because he was nervous and didn't know how to respond. But it was weird.

As a huge Carolla fan, this sucks. I thought she had pretty good chemistry. She's also pretty good looking, i met her last month at a live taping and she's so much better looking than she is in pictures. Also, that broad thats auditioning now sucks. Horrible laugh, trying to talk to much, dropping jokes that aren't funny. Annoying as hell.

I didn't think they had beef either. Maybe he was giddy because he was nervous and didn't know how to respond. But it was weird.

Okay but I still want to know what "flipping shit" means.

As a huge Carolla fan, this sucks. I thought she had pretty good chemistry. She's also pretty good looking, i met her last month at a live taping and she's so much better looking than she is in pictures. Also, that broad thats auditioning now sucks. Horrible laugh, trying to talk to much, dropping jokes that aren't funny. Annoying as hell.

I also thought they had good chemistry. She'd genuinely bust up at Adams rants and for the most part would stay silent and drop interesting insights here and there. Adam just doesn't mesh well with people who keep talking or talk over him. The podcast with Gene Simmons was painful to listen to because Simmons wouldn't shut up and Adam would keep trying to interject. Clusterfuck. If the new sit in chick doesn't keep her mouth shut it's going to be hard to listen to. An area where I think Rosen excelled.

Okay but I still want to know what "flipping shit" means.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flip+shit

Flip shit

To become worried/anxious in an overly dramatic manner. To "freak out". Usually used in the phrase "flip your/his/hers shit".

Don't flip your shit, Anya. You will be able turn in your paper tomorrow.

one who angers easily over the small stuff

"Lawerence is such a flipshit, all I said was that Molly was hot too."

fuck this

if something is too difficult say

Wonder if Adam is bummed since he's doing Podcasts while Jimmy is a huge star. Carolla is always kick ass on the stern show. He'd be good in the artie chair full time

I used to think that sometimes, that Adam might be a little resentful of how their career paths took different turns.

But after listening to the podcast now and then, I get the impression that Jimmy and Adam are still on very good terms.

Anytime Adam talks about Jimmy on the podcast, he has nothing but admiration and good things to say about Jimmy. I listened to one episode where he discussed how Jimmy is one of the hardest workers around and is always working on something... all the time. And also Adam went on about Jimmy's ability to generate new entertaining show ideas like a machine.

I can't remember the specifics, but Adam said they were discussing his Show and Adam mentioned he had a block at the time for ideas. After they hung up, Jimmy called Adam back about 5 minutes later and had several new potential new great ideas right off the top of his head.

Adam went on to say how Jimmy is like that all the time and 100% deserves all the success he has going right now.

I used to think that sometimes, that Adam might be a little resentful of how their career paths took different turns.

But after listening to the podcast now and then, I get the impression that Jimmy and Adam are still on very good terms.

Anytime Adam talks about Jimmy on the podcast, he has nothing but admiration and good things to say about Jimmy. I listened to one episode where he discussed how Jimmy is one of the hardest workers around and is always working on something... all the time. And also Adam went on about Jimmy's ability to generate new entertaining show ideas like a machine.

I can't remember the specifics, but Adam said they were discussing his Show and Adam mentioned he had a block at the time for ideas. After they hung up, Jimmy called Adam back about 5 minutes later and had several new potential new great ideas right off the top of his head.

Adam went on to say how Jimmy is like that all the time and 100% deserves all the success he has going right now.

Also it would be weird for him to butt hurt about success right now. To Catch a Contractor is doing well, Mangria is doing well, he finished Road Hard and the Newman documentary and he's settled 2 lawsuites. This is probably the most successful he has been in his career.

And it sucks she's gone, truly.

Here's my take; I think the higher ups at CarollaCorp, including Adam, didn't like her presence on the show, yet a lot of the audience, the non-vocal majority, love her. The interns and younger players on the show love her. Adam, Bryan, Lynette to whatever extent, etc. just seemed so icy toward her. Adam has always come off as disliking her for whatever reason.

I think it's just that the higher ups like Adam are 45, 50, etc. and they're used to high energy terrestrial radio. Podcasts are supposed to be more like conversations and Adam/Bryan/Alison brought an awesome dynamic, in that they were all very different people with very different lives who would converge and speak about a topic. Alison wasn't quick and didn't always go for the laugh, but she was inherently funny, smart, and brought an empathetic point of view to everything.

I think Adam is pandering the vocal minority of his podcast that don't like her, the single aspergery guys in their 30's and 40's who can't fathom that Alison isn't a dumb bimbo and doesn't go "uh huhn" to everything adam says like she would have been told to on the radio, and forgetting the non-vocal majority of us who adore Alison, but most importantly the balance of the Adam/Bryan/Alison dynamic.

Adam wants a high-paced "YES" game that radio has, forgetting that we fucking hate radio shows and so does he. And if that's what he really wants, get rid of the "News Girl" format and bring in a real comedian. A Natasha Legero of the world.

It just seems like what Adam wants is out of tune with what the fans want at this point and he does it all with our interest in mind, not really knowing what our interest is.

that's good to hear. it always sucks when business, or jealousy, gets in the way of friendships.

lol "Still on good terms" like there was any doubt ever.
Jimmy brought Adam on as a head writer on his late night show and Adam left. They're still best friends, live close to each other and hang out like every week.

I don't know why Adam would be resentful; he's good at what he does, jimmy is good at what he does.
Never understand why people jump to those conclusions; "person A is successful so person B must haaaaaaaate his guts"
Or, ya know, they're human beings and not sociopaths and may just be happy for one another

After reading the story I honestly believe it's a case of there was not enough room for her and Bryan. I could hear the tension between them in recent podcasts with mostly Alison taking stiff shots at Bryan. I think Alison is more easily replaceable than Bryan and that's what it boiled down to. Plus Alison can do more without Adam than Bryan could.

I'm getting that vibe too and those two always seemed to be pretty venomous.
I'll just say, if Bryan got shitcanned, only that 15% I mentioned would give a shit. I think Adam backed the wrong pony

Last edited:
Back