Actual proof that nobody tunes in for the WMMA fights

Purple goof has dug himself into a hole with WMMA. Back when it was introduced, people expected it to actually draw PPV buys, but once WMMA was exposed as something no one is interested in, it was already too late. You cannot simply cut WMMA from the UFC in the current political climate as it would be a major stinker all over the social media with SJWs going apeshit and generating a lot of bad press, so the pink goof is forced to grit his teeth and continue putting WMMA fights on cards as well as promoting female fighters, because he literally cannot do anything else.
Have Khabib's rich friends buy majority stock, they would cut it and laugh. And we all live happily ever after.

I liked when Suarez sat on Esparza's face.

If WMMA wouldn't bring any profit, it would be cut by WME faster than you are dumped by your dates.

I tune in to WMMA but don't watch so FS1 and UFC think I'm watching.
<Baelish01>

I wouldn't mind it as much if they just knocked all of them down on the cards with the bottom 50% out of the UFC altogether.
i was just thinking that i would happily watch them free on the prelims. Leave the men for the PPVs.

The WMMA fights last night were all fucking terrible. Aside from the main event, and the Gunnar/Cowboy fight, the whole card pretty much sucked. The Fight Pass prelims were actually way more entertaining than the televised portion. Some of the worst fighters (Theodoro, Ansaroff, Eye) walked away with wins too. Such crap.

Pillow-Fighting-Girls-4.jpg

20 years ago people that boxers & Kung fu were the best. Imagine what we'll know about wmma down the road.

can we make a poll ??? who wants to see wmma get their own female only events?

no.

the depth of talent isn't there yet, but when people act like 'all WMMA sucks', it just makes them look like marginal fans of the sport, because there are a number of highly skilled, entertaining female fighters and we've seen some great fights from them.

The problem with these 'fans' is that they don't recognize that the best way for the depth of talent to continue to improve is to provide exposure and incentive for more and more women to be in a position to train full-time as pro fighters. that requires opportunity and money.

relegating WMMA to its own cards would, at this time, mean that they earn even less and are watched by FAR fewer fans, which likely means less women are going to want to join the sport or be in a financial position to train full-time, which is how all fighters (male or female) become better.

no.

the depth of talent isn't there yet, but when people act like 'all WMMA sucks', it just makes them look like marginal fans of the sport, because there are a number of highly skilled, entertaining female fighters and we've seen some great fights from them.

The problem with these 'fans' is that they don't recognize that the best way for the depth of talent to continue to improve is to provide exposure and incentive for more and more women to be in a position to train full-time as pro fighters. that requires opportunity and money.

relegating WMMA to its own cards would, at this time, mean that they earn even less and are watched by FAR fewer fans, which likely means less women are going to want to join the sport or be in a financial position to train full-time, which is how all fighters (male or female) become better.
There is only a HANDFULL of highly skilled female fighters and 99% of wmma fights are awful. There's been plenty of wmma exposure. Wmma is just an awful product.

I really dont get why they still shove wmma down our throats, when we have actual proof that nobody wants to see wmma.

whats the proof you ask??

well, we've had women only MMA cards like invicta, how did their pay per view business go?? exactly!
and dont even start to tell me that the level of competition was low in invicta. The same girls are now sparring in the UFC, so dont even bother.

I dont get it.

just give them their own organization so that everybody who likes it can just tune in to them, but please, pleeease get that shit away from the male MMA cards, almost every wmma fight sucks and goes to decision.

for me, its like watching 12 year old kids fight, i have zero interest in it and i know most of you guys have no interst in it.

I think your reasoning is completely flawed for two reasons: 1) all the best female fighters don't fight in Invicta, they fight in the UFC. 2) the two products (Invicta and the UFC) had similar level a lot less exposure and distribution than the UFC. It's like saying people don't give a shit about male MMA because few people watch WSOF or ONE FC.

I really dont get why they still shove wmma down our throats, when we have actual proof that nobody wants to see wmma.

whats the proof you ask??

well, we've had women only MMA cards like invicta, how did their pay per view business go?? exactly!
and dont even start to tell me that the level of competition was low in invicta. The same girls are now sparring in the UFC, so dont even bother.

I dont get it.

just give them their own organization so that everybody who likes it can just tune in to them, but please, pleeease get that shit away from the male MMA cards, almost every wmma fight sucks and goes to decision.

for me, its like watching 12 year old kids fight, i have zero interest in it and i know most of you guys have no interst in it.

Before you make yourself look more like an ass that you already have, go watch Zhang Weili highlights then call me back.

There's a handful of good WMMA fighters, but that's not enough to sustain a sport.

no.

I’m sorry. This is a terrible take. The fans/consumers are under no obligation to bear with WMMA until an arbitrary determination of talent depth has been realized. If the free market desires WMMA, then they would still flock to it on their own cards. As of now the majority of it is absolutely atrocious and I’d argue counter-productive in benefitting WMMA by putting it on national television and/or PPV and showing fans it’s atrocious.

This new poll basically answers your question, TS:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/wmma-in-the-ufc.3893231/

A temp solution is to put the women on the undercards and use the "dead space" after short fights on the main card with female fights that actually delivered. The onus is on them, because 95% of their fights don't deliver. They are not ready for prime time. (It's like a Triple-A BB team pretending to be MLB.)

An 8-second delay isn't good enough for bad fighting. Maybe FF2x or 4x would help get rid of the boring parts. Or they could make 95% of WMMA fights highlights-only.

Back