Actors Who You Believe to be Tough SOBs Off Screen

Chris Pratt was 5th in Washington State as a wrestler.

I think Mark Ruffalo came in 2nd in Wisconsin

old actors who were legit tough guys off the top.
Rudolpho valentino
James Cagney
Errol Flynn
John Wayne
Charles Bronson
Steve McQueen
Jack palance

Guys today
Tony danza very ferocious boxer in his day but horrible cardio, you can look up some of his fights
Danny Trejo an ex con prison boxing champion
Mickey Rourke in his 30s and 40s was pretty tough, he boxed in his youth
Chris Isaak former boxer he was known for being able to take a punch
Billy Joel scrappy street kid boxed and hung around hoodlums in his teens
Gene hackman former marine and even body slammed some road rage dude in the street at 80 yrs old
Liam Neeson 6 foot 4 former boxer and young street kid from
Ireland

ade0e-1509625540-800.jpg

Yuck. And zero wins in MMA to boot.

It's kinda hard not to read that in Bronson's voice.

Except that it takes about four days. I don't think Bronson has ever said more than five words at a single time. Just enough for "forget it, he's dead" plus one extra just in case he needs to add a racial epithet.

He let loose once in a while.

The end of THE MECHANIC is pretty funny he's talking so fast but then it's also accurate to the timing.

That would have been a damn fine movie if Winner had recast Jan Michael Vincent.

Cagney clearly knew how to handle himself. That judo fight in one of his movies is incredibly impressive, way ahead of its time.

That would have been a damn fine movie if Winner had recast Jan Michael Vincent.
I know what you mean, but after a while his awful delivery kinda worked for me in the sense that I consider MECHANIC to be somewhat of a love letter to California, and so he seems really super LA.

Billy Joel scrappy street kid boxed and hung around hoodlums in his teens

Billy Joel always wanted to be tough. That’s why he hung around with hoods. But make no mistake, he is a pussy.

Billy Joel always wanted to be tough. That’s why he hung around with hoods. But make no mistake, he is a pussy.
So billy joel is Another Dana White? I remember joel saying he quit boxing because he broke his nose in a fight.

Frank sinatra used to hang with mob guys too, who would you say is tougher billy joel or frank sinatra?

Chris Pratt was 5th in Washington State as a wrestler.

I think Mark Ruffalo came in 2nd in Wisconsin

Correct on Pratt, incorrect on Ruffalo. Ruffalo started wresting in WI but moved to VA later for high school. He was pretty good from what I understand, but wasn't a state runnerup. Him and Channing Tatum got put through the ringer for "Foxcatcher" in terms of real training.

Chuck Norris is a legit fighter
How is this not everyone’s answer

Not an actor, but since so many Hollywood careers and films exist because of this man, I think he should get some props:

JackKirbyFascists_Main.jpg

During WWII, when his command found out that he was in fact the Jack Kirby, they promptly sent him out as a scout to do advance recon and draw maps and pictures of towns and villages in occupied Europe.

Back