Actors that you just can't stand

"Andy Dufraine... Some birds just weren't meant to be kept in cages".

I'm with you on that... Another one that I used to love, then grew real tired of... And now they make him the nice old wise teacher guy who ends up being the bad guy all along.

New older black actors are needed.

I have no idea why nobody makes use of Sidney Poitier. The guy's available. And he has been old as fuck for 20 years.

I'm gonna elaborate on Samuel L Jackson...

He's in everything... Everything... Star Wars, Marvel, Tarantino, Jurassic Park, Goodfellas, Die Hard, Robocop, Kingsman... Every major franchise except Harry Potter he somehow managed to worm his way into.

He begged George Lucas to give him a small part, even said "let me he a stormtrooper, just let me in the movie" and then once he was in he wrote in background and a story for himself, along with the only purple lightsaber the galaxy has ever seen, which made him the 2nd strongest Jedi of all time, forcing Lucas to write more scenes for him.

He's always the same character... Pretty much. These days especially. I used to like him - back in tbe day when he was doing Menace 2 Society, Juice, Goodfellas, True Romance and of course Pulp Fiction... He was the man... But that film fucked made him so famous that he's in EVERYTHING now... And it's the same old him over and over... He's done a very small amount of fresh roles since Pulp Fiction. There are other black actors out there that would gave been way better in some of his roles, and he's not helping anybody by hogging all the work.

He's begged his way onto so many sets he's now the highest gross box office actor of all time, and with that he now gets to choose his own wardrobe, and pretty much rewrite the script to his liking, which takes away integrity from the film.

Looking back over his filmography I was thinking "fuck he was really good in that" a lot less than I was going "oh yeah fuck he was in that as well".

I dunno. I'm just sick of him. Used to like him... And Daniel Craig had no problem being a stormtrooper.

I agree 100%. I liked Samuel L. Jackson before anybody really knew who he was, and then Pulp Fiction happened and you couldn't get away from the guy if you tried. Almost without fail he either plays angry black guy (to the point of caricature) or else does a horrible job (Star Wars) or wooden job (Marvel) of wise old guy.

There have been a couple exceptions - Black Snake Moan and Django Unchained - where he tested himself with something new and did it well.

But he's either doing the same old same old (same same same old old old) or else badly miscast the majority of the time.

Tom Cruise, Mathew Mcconaughey (True Detective exception), Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Melissa McCarthy, Rebel Wilson for now. Will edit when I think of more.

Edit: Anyone from Twilight (never watched btw, but I can tell if they starred in it by the actor/actress having natural dumb face)

Last edited:
Tom Cruise, Mathew Mcconaughey (True Detective exception), Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Melissa McCarthy, Rebel Wilson for now. Will edit when I think of more.

And Kathy Bates! And Camryn Manheim! And Rosie O'Donnell! And Ricki Lake! And Kirstie Alley! ;)

Mark Wahlberg when he tries to be all serious actor. Nope.

And Kathy Bates! And Camryn Manheim! And Rosie O'Donnell! And Ricki Lake! And Kirstie Alley! ;)

Always loved Kathy Bates and Kirstie Alley gave me wood in Cheers and Look Who's Talking as a kid.... so.....

Always loved Kathy Bates and Kirstie Alley gave me wood in Cheers and Look Who's Talking as a kid.... so.....

I'm just kidding.

She made quite a bangable Vulcan as well.

I agree 100%. I liked Samuel L. Jackson before anybody really knew who he was, and then Pulp Fiction happened and you couldn't get away from the guy if you tried. Almost without fail he either plays angry black guy (to the point of caricature) or else does a horrible job (Star Wars) or wooden job (Marvel) of wise old guy.

There have been a couple exceptions - Black Snake Moan and Django Unchained - where he tested himself with something new and did it well.

But he's either doing the same old same old (same same same old old old) or else badly miscast the majority of the time.

Yeah dude, spot on - it's actually kinda painful to see his name attached to things with him in it these days. Sometimes he doesn't even bother with a wardrobe and just turns up in the same shit he does his interviews in, glasses and all... It's like he knows exactly what he's doing and thinks it's hilarious.
Django was an awesome performance, I was gonna mention it - he absolutely smashed the role, and when he was singing at the end I was like "holy shit that's Samuel L Jackson singing, and it sounds amazing".

Crackhead Samuel L Jackson was way better than box office Samuel L Jackson... I think that's the thing to remember. Skinny, sweaty, touchy, don't let your girlfriend anywhere near him Samuel L Jackson was awesome - angry, shouty, teach-you-a-lesson Samuel L Jackson is played out now.

Lena Dunham - makes me want to puke any time I see her.

Who??? This lil cutie???

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-09%20at%202.33.05%20PM.png

It's easy to forgive her looks though, once you learn that she shoved rocks into her infant sister's vagina...

LULZ.

She's such a fucking weirdo. Her writing is pretty funny though. I just wish she wasn't self cast in everything.

This bitch does it for me. What a fucking smug piece of shit. I really really really could curb her.

Seriously what the fuck are you so fucking smug about? Your hair looks like shit bitch.

article-2734458-20CB9C3E00000578-851_634x899.jpg

Will Ferell. He's not funny, has no business getting top billing in a movie and he has no acting range.

Jimmy Fallon. Smug, obnoxious smarmy looking douche, not funny.

Katt Williams: another unfunny one trick pony

Luke Wilson: Laser off that fu**ing mole.

Tyler Perry: You are s*it and everything you make is s*it.

Ryan Gosling: Drive sucks, having a straight face and looking autistic isn't great acting

Adam Sandler: you haven't starred in a funny movie since the 90s, even the bum caddie from happy gilmore had grandma's boy which had its moments... just stop.

Last edited:

Best post in the thread. Samuel L's "star persona" is easily the most monotonous and tired of any major movie star, and you fucking nailed it with your three-pronged trident: angry black guy, wooden wise old guy (usually warrior), or just outright terrible in blockbuster roles outside his extremely limited range where he shouldn't have been cast. He was the worst Jedi, ever. Given, he can be amazing within this more limited range, but he definitely has a more limited range he can execute.

Partly Hollywood is to blame. They typecast the shit out of Morgan Freeman, too.

It's ironic. Samuel L. Jackson is really just the black Mark Wahlberg (or Mark is the white Samuel L. Jackson). Yet Mark gets shit on all the time for being a bad actor. He can and has been excellent, dramatically, but in a very limited range (Boogie Nights, The Departed, The Fighter). They both do well in comedies on the side. For some reason all his bad big money performances roll off Sam while they stick to Mark.

Mark Wahlberg is a fucking hack of
An actor.

Never played a character. Just plays himself as that character.

seriously add that fat ugly bitch from girls to the shitlist

Daniel Radcliffe and Elijah Wood. A mancub from each side of the Atlantic, both laughable as an adult.

Back