Activated Charcoal

thecreator

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Apparently it is great for removing toxins from the body.

Has anybody here tried it?

Removing toxins? We sell it to alleviate gas and bloating and it does a great job of that.

EMT's use it for poisonings and overdoses. I guess you could use it for removing toxins too... but I think that's just silly. In addition to binding to the toxins, it's also going to bind to the vitamins and minerals in your body before their absorbed, turn you stool black, and make you constipated. Also, if it's a suspension it tastes like mud and has a tendency to make people vomit.

Hey Urban, one of my co-workers cracked me up laughing saying never to use Castille soap with entirely cold water in a shower (because of the power outages here from Hurricane Wilma everyone was taking cold showers for a while)...I imagine the cold of the water with the menthol effect of the castille soap must have caused drastic shrinkage. lol

monkey roll said:
what are toxins????

they can be anything ranging from chemicals in food to free-radicals... also inorganic minerals like ferrous sulfate (iron that ur body CAN'T use) and ur body's own waste... basically anything that isn't supposed to be IN ur body could be labeled as a toxin.. :wink:

Madmick said:
Dark chocolate is much more effective than these. And tastier.

dark chocolate, sounds like it goes along with blownards ice cream diet.

Tkdmmafighter said:
dark chocolate, sounds like it goes along with blownards ice cream diet.

No, actually this is no joke. In fact, in that "Natural Foods Pyramid" designed by the nutritionists at UofMichigan that I posted (that kicks the FDA's pyramid's ass), dark chocolate has its own tiny little square at the top.

Its Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) score, which measure antioxidant power, is over DOUBLE that of any other food: prunes, raisins, blueberries, blackberries, kale, the list goes on. It's like the Lance Armstrong of antioxidants.

Read the "Topic of the Month" here:
http://powereating.com/tom/index.html

This has been widely accepted in the nutrition community; it's not a crazy fad theory or anything.

supersudo said:
they can be anything ranging from chemicals in food to free-radicals... also inorganic minerals like ferrous sulfate (iron that ur body CAN'T use) and ur body's own waste... basically anything that isn't supposed to be IN ur body could be labeled as a toxin.. :wink:

im assuming that booze would count as one

Back