ACL Surgery

cian22

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering have any people on here had any experience with ACL surgeries.
Anybody had it and if so how long did it take before you could go back training ?

I had mine about 4-5 months ago and my physio has encoureged me to go back training. Im pretty happy about this but Im a little concerned, I dont have full range of motion yet(i cant sit back on my heels as you would in someones guard) and I would be worried about re-injuring it in a scramble or what not. Given the rehab has been such a complete pain in the ass I definitly dont want to risk this.

Anyone that could share thier experiences with me would be great
Thanks in advance

took me 8 months before I was cleared, I didn't do take downs for another six months. Keep working on the range of motion. Sit back on your heels carefully and gradually, the range will improve. I had a similar problem, after a couple weeks I could sit back past my heels but I would have to do it slowly to stretch the knee joint out before class. Also avoid any leg locks, tap out even if you think they are about to get it. Tell your instructor and training partners what you just went through.

You might also want to invest some time in strength and conditioning if you don't already. Especially squats. I did and I can honestly say my knee is as strong as it was before I tore the ligament. I notice no lower performance with my left knee compared to my right.

Back