ACL + PCL injury

Showcase

White Belt
Reaction score
i torn my ACL and PCL 1 year ago, now im 4months after reconstruction - but my question is: any of you guys or your friends back to mma after that injury to normal level ?

Sure, why not? How many pros have had knee surgery in the past few years and come back the next? Shogun comes to mind.

i torn my ACL and PCL 1 year ago, now im 4months after reconstruction - but my question is: any of you guys or your friends back to mma after that injury to normal level ?

I didn't even start training until AFTER I completely tore my acl and I still haven't had surgery.

I was a soccer player my whole life with some decent boxing experience, no ground game whatsoever. Just after highschool I was playing in a premeir indoor league and I sustained a level 4 acl tear in the last game of the season. I didn't have insurance so I did not get the surgery. Basically I didn't do shit for like a year, and then I spent another 6 months rehabbing and strengthening the muscles around my knee. I was too nervous to get back into soccer but I needed something to keep me busy.

I was always interested in Muay Thai, and I was a pretty good boxer so I gave it a shot. I trained and competed for almost 2 years, MT, BJJ, Wrestling, Crossfit, and Strength with little problem. However I was overtraining, not resting enough,etc and started sustaining random injuries. Then one fateful day I took a shin directly on my bad knee and it was pretty fucked up for a while. I was too eager to get back into it too soon and it did not hold up. That was 2 years ago.

I've just been doing strength training now and if I wanted to get back into mma I don't think my knee is in any worse shape than it was when I started at this point. I just don't want to get back into mma at this time in my life, too busy.

Back