Achieved your dreams?

I think dreams change as you age. In my childhood I wanted to be a cartoonist for a bit, then moved on to playing in the NBA and then wanted to be a pro fighter. Every time I got close to any of the dreams I realized I liked the idea rather than the reality. My dream now is to be financially independent and healthy. I couldn't have cared less about that as a child.

I don't have any dreams. All I want is to die in peace, but I know even that is an impossibility.

My dream was to get a silver belt on sherdog.

I've seen a few threads which deal with careers, jobs, and things of that nature.

We've all had dreams growing up as children and what not, and I'm interested to see how many of you actually achieved your dreams.

Growing up, I was very passionate about basketball. I of course wanted to become a basketball player, but needless to say, the dream didn't couldn't come to fruition.

Now, I write for an NBA team (won't say which in particular), and I'm basically "living my dream." As time goes on, I'm hoping to make more $$$ to live a more suitable lifestyle.
Awesome! It reminds me of Mark Cuban who wanted to play basketball but couldn't, so he just bought a NBA team lol.

My issue right now is that I have too many dreams and don't know how to organize my time to get them. I also don't care much about money (I've always been super minimalist), so I'm in a weird position where my dreams aren't entirely money based, and even if I got $100 million I'd still feel like a loser because it wouldn't get me much closer to most of the stuff I want to do.

As for what are my dreams. Let's say just I have:
- 2 related to creating fiction
- 2 related to athletics
- 2 related to freedom
- 2 related to sex/love

These are all short to medium-term dreams. Stuff I plan to do within 10 years (by age 35). Out of these, I have achieved 1 (related to sex/love).

I never had dreams or aspirations really. That has always been my biggest problem. Im doing better than a lot of people that did though so there's that i guess.

I had absolutely nothing and no support my entire life up until 25. Over the last 6 years I've turned a 7k loan into a 6 figure career.

Got married, bought a house, bought the sports car etc, but still feel pretty dead inside tbh. I'm currently working on some software which I hope to launch soon then eventually sell.

At the end of the day I don't feel like I'm living my dream, but in reality I'm not sure what that even consists of anymore.

I had absolutely nothing and no support my entire life up until 25. Over the last 6 years I've turned a 7k loan into a 6 figure career.

Got married, bought a house, bought the sports car etc, but still feel pretty dead inside tbh. I'm currently working on some software which I hope to launch soon then eventually sell.

At the end of the day I don't feel like I'm living my dream, but in reality I'm not sure what that even consists of anymore.
Going from a 7k loan to everything you stated is awesome, dude. The fact that you started with so little is what makes it so impressive. Why do you feel dead on the inside?

one of my favorite quotes: Would the boy you were be proud of the man you are? , i'd say that at times my answer was yes but currently I'd say nope

As far as making a decent wage, being settled and owning a house yeah.

As far as loving what I do, hell no lmao

It's whatever for now but there's a lot of different settings in what I do and eventually I'll find a tolerable setting

Dude do you know you dug up a thread last active in December 29, 2012 ?

What i really wanna know is have any of the OP's achieved their dreams in the last 7 years?
Calling @Dr J @PolishHeadlock2 @HARRISON_3 @Da Speeit @Damien Karras @Sir Galahad

Bought a Jeep Renegade two years ago. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

giphy.gif

On a serious note, I don't think i will ever acheive my dreams. I don't really have these high and lofty dreams which are verging on unachievable. I am comfortable with where i live, love my family, have some great friends that i've known for a decade and i know will be my friends for decades to come. probably the biggest gap is career related - the work i actually love to do takes me away from my family, so i've settled for a well paying job which i can do locally.
but i really want to get back to remote working on big projects that is more professionally satisfying. I am hoping an opportunity to balance these demands comes up soon. I would like a job where i get paid some real money and get to work no more than 50% of the working week away. So i have to be home every weekend and no more than 2-3 days away during the week. 4days on, 3 days off roster would be perfect.

I would like a job where i get paid some real money and get to work no more than 50% of the working week away. So i have to be home every weekend and no more than 2-3 days away during the week. 4days on, 3 days off roster would be perfect.
I'm always split between wantjng this lifestyle (low work hours) and having missions I enjoy so much I work toward them for 100 hours a week.

On a serious note, I don't think i will ever acheive my dreams. I don't really have these high and lofty dreams which are verging on unachievable. I am comfortable with where i live, love my family, have some great friends that i've known for a decade and i know will be my friends for decades to come. probably the biggest gap is career related - the work i actually love to do takes me away from my family, so i've settled for a well paying job which i can do locally.
but i really want to get back to remote working on big projects that is more professionally satisfying. I am hoping an opportunity to balance these demands comes up soon. I would like a job where i get paid some real money and get to work no more than 50% of the working week away. So i have to be home every weekend and no more than 2-3 days away during the week. 4days on, 3 days off roster would be perfect.

On a serious note here, too, I did buy a house and a new (certified pre-owned) car within the last six years.

Those weren't necessarily dreams, per se, but still.

It looked bad for me for awhile and the first half of my life absolutely sucked. I ended up in a career that I never wanted and didn't particularly like, but I got good enough at it to become self employed and retire early.

NOW I'm living the dream. Got married, have two happy successful kids, bought some income producing properties, and now I live off the income and I teach Kickboxing 3 times a week to stay in shape. I am truly living my dream, even though I never knew it was my dream. :p

Moral of the story: Just because the first half of your life sucked, doesn't mean your whole life has to suck. Life can turn on a dime. ;)

Yes and no. I hit the usual landmarks of happiness. Career, marriage, kids.

But not a multi billionaire, not super powered, never played NFL, not the lead singer of America's favorite metal band, not America's favorite rapper, and I can't dunk a basketball.

Fuck. At least I can bench teh 275.

Back