Acetyl L-carnitine

STWACOACH**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some Quick Info I Found.

Acetyl L-Carnitine

ALC improves both Short-Term Memory and Long-Term Memory.

ALC improves Mood [ALC improves Mood in 53% of healthy subjects].

Acetyl L-Carnitine retards some aspects of the Aging Process in the Skin:

ALC improves the reaction times of people afflicted with Cerebral Insufficiency.

ALC (2-4 grams per day) improves walking distance without Pain in people afflicted with Intermittent Claudication.

ALC prevents the age-related impairment of Eyesight (by protecting the Neurons of the Optic Nerve and the Occipital Cortex of the Brain.

ALC enhances the ability of Macrophages to function as Phagocytes.

ALC improves Athletic Performance [ALC given prior to Exercise increased the maximum running speed of animals].

ALC enhances the function of Cytochrome Oxidase (an essential enzyme of the Electron Transport System (ETS).

ALC improves the Energy metabolism of Neurons (by enhancing the transport of Medium-Chain Saturated Fatty Acids and Short-Chain Saturated Fatty Acids across the Cell Membranes of Neurons into the Mitochondria).

ALC inhibits the damage caused by Hypoxia.
ALC transports Lipids into the Mitochondria of Cells.

ALC improves mood and memory in people with Age Associated Memory Impairment.

ALC improves Mental Function where Alcohol induced cognitive Impairment exists.

ALC increases Alertness.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine inhibits the deterioration in Mental Function associated with Alzheimer

cliffs?
<aka what in that big ass list should make people on this specific forum perk up>

Read the list and find out. I rarely make it on here or anywhere. I posted another article and study in the S&C forum about hypertrophy, same thing.

If you don't want to learn, don't read it. If you do want to learn, read it, ask questions, and become more informed. It's that simple. It has numerous health aspects for a MMA athlete, or the general public in health consiousness.

From Wiki:

The sale of L-carnitine if sold alone as a natural health product is banned in Canada. Any health supplements that list L-carnitine as an ingredient are also banned by Canada's national health ministry

That totally blows. I should seriously move south.

Why in the Hell would Canada ban Carnitine? That's retarded.

I'm not even a little bit surprised. Didn't they try to ban unpasteurized milk? lol

King Kabuki said:

It's because Steven Harper thinks Carnitine was created by Satan

XTrainer said:
I'm not even a little bit surprised. Didn't they try to ban unpasteurized milk? lol

It is banned, and has been for a long time. They recently busted someone down east for selling unpateurized milk on the "black market". How lame is that?

XTrainer said:

they did, some guys near me got charged for selling it

Sonny i was thinking the exact same thing, do you watch Rick Mercer? he's been ripping apart Harper's new policies

Standard said:
Sonny i was thinking the exact same thing, do you watch Rick Mercer? he's been ripping apart Harper's new policies

Could be worse, could be Stockwell Day.

When's the Mercer report on anyways?

Sonny said:
Could be worse, could be Stockwell Day.

When's the Mercer report on anyways?

Or Jack Layton... mind you he did basically control the Liberals last term

8:00 pm on Tuesdays, i think for you too

http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/ The loonie and federal accountability parts are good

How close are the Canadian people to open rebellion against their government?

XTrainer said:

Wel, other than the tight-ass supplement regulation, I'm not complaining.

XTrainer said:

Their just reducing the amount of supplements i can take so i don't grow to strong and overpower their government :icon_twis

King Kabuki said:

I should get you to mail me some ALC, KK. Just to see if it would actually be held up at the border. I'd be surprised if the Canuck border patrol even knew what is and isn't allowed in, as far as supps.

MikeMartial said:
I should get you to mail me some ALC, KK. Just to see if it would actually be held up at the border. I'd be surprised if the Canuck border patrol even knew what is and isn't allowed in, as far as supps.

Knowing our border patrol they'd probably abandon their posts.

I'm not denying the benefits of ALC, and I'm too busy to do research on it at this point, but those references are all more then a decade old, most recent was 1995. Thus, I would presume some of them have either been refuted by now or long term side-effects were discovered resulting in the ban in Canada.

Research from that era is what is being used in hospitals as we speak specifically the University of Utah. You have to look outside the box. Some of the studies Berardi and others use are 1-20 years old.

Back