Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
Never played one of these games but I do miss a good air combat game and this series is apparently the premiere flight combat game. Series has taken a 12 year hiatus too. Lots of rave reviews. First big release of 2019. Anyone pick this up yet?

Was watching a stream of this earlier. Definitely looked fun and the graphics were great too.

Yes, but haven't unlocked the really good planes yet. Am up to Mission 7 out of 20, I think.

I think pre-ordering gave you Ace Combat 5 digital for PS4. Even XBOX gave Ace Combat 6 backwards compatible. I just read people still have time until maybe Feb(?) to buy the game and still get the older games as pre-order bonus but people are having trouble actually getting the pre-ordered bonus digital codes.

Last edited:
Was watching a stream of this earlier. Definitely looked fun and the graphics were great too.
I only dipped my toes briefly in Star Wars Battlefront PS4 and Ace Combat's flying combat is leaps and bounds better than Star Wars Battlefront space ship combat.

Game actually looks pretty good. I haven't used a flight stick in forever.

I tend to trust ACG reviews so I may have to pick this up. He also has a second video about the game.

It looks really good.. Haven't played any Ace Combat games but I'm tempted to try this one. I haven't played a good dog fighting game in years.

It looks really good.. Haven't played any Ace Combat games but I'm tempted to try this one. I haven't played a good dog fighting game in years.
I believe it has online multiplayer player vs player.

I haven't picked it up but I've been itching for a good flight combat or flight sim game for awhile and I already have a joystick for X-Wing and Tie Fighter. I'll look into this for sure and probably get it at some point.

I played the series on PS1 & I think 2. Good games.

Really liked 4 or 5 on PS3, but haven't played nay since. Might pick this up once the price goes down a little.

I haven't picked it up but I've been itching for a good flight combat or flight sim game for awhile and I already have a joystick for X-Wing and Tie Fighter. I'll look into this for sure and probably get it at some point.

I played the series on PS1 & I think 2. Good games.
If you're going to buy it, may as well buy it soon because I think you can still get the pre-order Ace Combat 5 or 6 digital download and F-4E + 3 skins.

I got my download code for the pre-order bonuses today instead of launch day.

Really liked 4 or 5 on PS3, but haven't played nay since. Might pick this up once the price goes down a little.
Consider the pre-order price gave either Ace Combat 5 or for XBOX Ace Combat 6.

just got it with the bonus 5 for ps4. played the first mission and have already died 3 times. ha. i love it. i forgot how much fun this series is, i'm just shit at flying.

Anyone who wants the bonus game (5 for PS4 and 6 for XBX) needs to get 7 by 18/02/19 then the offers gone and they won't be offered separately (pretty sure its due to certain licences).

just got it with the bonus 5 for ps4. played the first mission and have already died 3 times. ha. i love it. i forgot how much fun this series is, i'm just shit at flying.
You need to use Expert Controls because the other option makes you fly in a weird way increasing chances of crashing. A few times already I overestimated my jet's ability to accelerate and crashed from flying too close to the ground.

You need to use Expert Controls because the other option makes you fly in a weird way increasing chances of crashing. A few times already I overestimated my jet's ability to accelerate and crashed from flying too close to the ground.
yeah i noticed that. i'm slowly getting used to the expert controls, but i did pass the 1st level after some tries ha. the graphics are damn fine and i love the sound of my bullets hitting the enemies!

yeah i noticed that. i'm slowly getting used to the expert controls, but i did pass the 1st level after some tries ha. the graphics are damn fine and i love the sound of my bullets hitting the enemies!
As soon as I beat the game in Normal mode, I'll try to use the laser and railgun. I saw quite a few parts to enhance the laser.

Played one of the old ace combats on ps2 might have been 4, thought it was really good. The mission vs the gold squadron was awesome. Will probs pic this up at somepoint.

Man, I'm def picking this up. Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies ruined the series for me because it was the best of the series imo.

Mobius 1 ENGAGE!

Ace Combat 5 on PS4 does not look bad at all. Not super sharp, not blurry. Controls allow you to invert certain button assignments. Widescreen. It might even be better than on PS2 via component cables.

I need AC04 and AC Zero for PS4 too!

Back