According to Queen B ( sherdog boxing financial expert) PBC fold is like UFC folding?

It turns out the UFC Gym franchise is owned by another company, and the UFC only owns a percentage of it.
lol you are making it seem like pbc is actually a thing in u.s lol. I'm guessing you are from the UK cause you know nothing of u.s boxing. your average boxing fan in u.s follows the top fighters in Showtime, HBO, and the hardcores watch fox, ESPN, for their boxing fix. ggg has been getting lots of press, canelo got lots of media coverage in his fight with cotto, and now vs khan. canelo vs khan had press conference in England, new York, and los Angeles. Only casual boxing fans like you think boxing is dead. in u.s pbc is not a top boxing promoter, when people in u.s read pbc they think of pbs tv station that airs Elmo and sesame street.

d0a9b25dde76f898a7ab11a2435ee2be.jpg
Cmon it got to be photoshop

^ Anyone who quotes that pic gets a like from me.

btw Rob Jenkins usually agree with me on the state of boxing in USA
Missed this gem , well played gonna mid you when you get banned =(

It would just go back to what it was a couple of years ago. HBO, ESPN and Showtime.
PBC will have killed paid for boxing content on ESPN (along with NBC, NBCS, FS1) though unless they decide to bring it back. And HBO and Showtime have very few slots anymore. HBO has gone from a 90 million dollar budget per year to 30-35 million, they are barely doing anything anymore. We are already seeing the ramifications of this in the first half of 2016 in that there is very little on television.

PBC was a short sighted fraud at the expense of the NA boxing industry.

PBC will have killed paid for boxing content on ESPN (along with NBC, NBCS, FS1) though unless they decide to bring it back. And HBO and Showtime have very few slots anymore. HBO has gone from a 90 million dollar budget per year to 30-35 million, they are barely doing anything anymore. We are already seeing the ramifications of this in the first half of 2016 in that there is very little on television.

PBC was a short sighted fraud at the expense of the NA boxing industry.
Sure, but how much of this is because the talent has been spread too thin by the promoters? The promoters will work together if they have no other choice. Get some Haymon fighters back on HBO and there'll be demand to see them vs Golden Boy or Top Rank guys. Fans have just sort of accepted that it can't happen right now the way things are.

Heres an update on PBC's investments.

Here's your verification from the Investor's SEC filings. As of Friday, Feb 26, 2016, Ivy Asset Strategy Fund's Q4 NQ shows they've reduced the fair value of Media Group Holdings (boxing Investment) from $448,211,000 to $70,783,000, a decrease of 84.21%. The Fund's Q4 commentary also lists Media Group Holdings as one of the largest detractors of Q4 fund performance. These are facts from SEC filings that all registered investment companies are REQUIRED to file by law. SEC link provided below.

Here is some redditor/boxing reporter talking about it.

He's saying Haymon is slowly shifting his PBC fighters back to Showtime.
I think he's right.
Look at PBC's most highest drawing fighters. Thurman, Porter, Wilder, Santa Cruz are all back to Showtime.

Last edited:
i think pbc made a mistake on going onto so many different networks. instead of giving it a wider audience, it only confused them. instead of fans knowing to turn on a certain network at a certain time, half the fans have no idea when they are on, let alone what channel. the average casual is not gonna play hide and seek with the shows

i think pbc made a mistake on going onto so many different networks. instead of giving it a wider audience, it only confused them. instead of fans knowing to turn on a certain network at a certain time, half the fans have no idea when they are on, let alone what channel. the average casual is not gonna play hide and seek with the shows

That's what it's like to be a boxing fan, it's all over the place.

The funny part, is that we all said that from the beginning. It was obvious to everybody except Al Haymon, apparently, that they needed to find a network to work with exclusively.

He should have went for 2 great shows per month. Every other Tuesday night, or something like that. Every show could have had quality matches.

Back