According to Queen B ( sherdog boxing financial expert) PBC fold is like UFC folding?

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot of Queen B's financial reports regarding PBC. And I know he has boxing's best interest on top of I am sure he is very well educated and connected with all things considered boxing and its future.

After reading all his eduational posts. With PBC being the end all and be all to boxings future. And at this time it seems that PBC is on the verge of failure.

I am concerned if or when PBC folds will boxing go back to the dark ages of th 80's when PBC didnt exist?

Queen B can you share your vast knowlege on boxing and its future

all the best
concerned fan

\They spent all of their money on buying air time for 2016 and instead of saving for 2017.

They are hoping 2016 does well enough to get more investors, or else they will quit the business by next year.

tumblr_m06rn6ENLY1qai9h9.gif

\They spent all of their money on buying air time for 2016 and instead of saving for 2017.

They are hoping 2016 does well enough to get more investors, or else they will quit the business by next year.
do you think boxing will go back to the dark ages of the 80's when pbc didnt exist?

do you think boxing will go back to the dark ages of the 80's when pbc didnt exist?
I think so. In America at least, especially since the rise of MMA took away major talent and attention from boxing.

Unless Deontay recs Povetkin, Brezeale, and sets up a mega fight with Tyson Fury. But I think Fury wants to go to MMA. He said he lost interest in boxing and is not training anymore. Most likely gonna go to Bellator.

btw Rob Jenkins usually agree with me on the state of boxing in USA

It would just go back to what it was a couple of years ago. HBO, ESPN and Showtime.

It would just go back to what it was a couple of years ago. HBO, ESPN and Showtime.
A few years ago it was all about Mayweather and Pacquiao winning everything.

I dont see anybody with the potential to replace them except for Deontay

C'mon staff people. You said publicly twice now that we wouldn't have to put up with this incessant boxing hater much longer.

Also the PBC spokesperson was pretty much boasting that Thurman/Porter has a lead-in with the NCAA shoot event.

They are REALLY banking on that event.

Boxing ain't goin anywhere.
Too much money involved.
PBC folds, and the sport continues going.
UFC folds and so does the entire sport.
You also have to factor in that the best and most popular fighters don't fight on PBC. Canelo, Pacquiao, Klitschko, Cotto, GGG, Crawford, Rigondeaux, Marquez, etc..
If you were to glance at most p4p lists, none of them feature any PBC fighters.
So matchmaking becomes a vital issue, and when you don't match up perennial fighters, you don't get the results.

Boxing ain't goin anywhere.
Too much money involved.
PBC folds, and the sport continues going.
UFC folds and so does the entire sport.
You also have to factor in that the best and most popular fighters don't fight on PBC. Canelo, Pacquiao, Klitschko, Cotto, GGG, Crawford, Rigondeaux, Marquez, etc..
If you were to glance at most p4p lists, none of them feature any PBC fighters.
So matchmaking becomes a vital issue, and when you don't match up perennial fighters, you don't get the results.
It will be like 2006, dark ages pre-Mayweather/DLH

You will get 1-2 PPVs a year, non drawing above 600k buys, and some decent fights that will draw 500k HBO views. No mainstream coverage. It will be a niche sport.

I think Deontay Wilder is the only true American that can replace Floyd in popularity.

Of course this can all be changed if more people tune in to PBC this year. However I dont know if it will be enough to justify PBC getting more investors.

PBC is playing "all or nothing" this year.

It will be like 2006, dark ages pre-Mayweather/DLH

You will get 1-2 PPVs a year, non drawing above 600k buys, and some decent fights that will draw 500k HBO views. No mainstream coverage. It will be a niche sport.

I think Deontay Wilder is the only true American that can replace Floyd in popularity.

Of course this can all be changed if more people tune in to PBC this year. However I dont know if it will be enough to justify PBC getting more investors.

It's already a niche sport, boxing and mma both are.

Back