According to fightmetric, cormier

Most of those punches were from tight ground positions, fucking Hendo up but without enough befhind them to really be a knockout threat. That said, I don't think the fight was boring at all, Cormier's wrestling was beautiful. That little trip while Hendo was running away was the highlight of the fight for me, and that was after two huge slams.

I thought DC's wrestling display was amazing. Especially the ragdoll takedowns and the scrambles.

I was not, however, impressed by his very safe, low power GnP.

DC seemed quite happy to just grind it out for the full three rounds and only seemed to really go for a finish once he realized Hendo was too gassed to do anything about it.

Doesn't bode well for how he'll do against Jon Jones, imo. Jones won't gas and isn't a 43yr old guy w/out his TRT. Hell, even in Hendo's last match he was getting his ass kicked by Shogun until he landed the bombs.

DC's an impressive guy, but that fight proved basically nothing in my mind. We already knew his wrestling was good and DC took much longer to finish Hendo than other guys we've seen.

Other guys that have finished Hendo are:

Prime Anderson
Prime Nog
Prime TRTRexVitor

Quality over quantity.. I thought the fight was kind of meh. Cormier could have finished Dan way earlier, but it's almost like he didn't want to. Could have mounted him 100 times and I only remember it happening the once at the end of the fight.

I just think it's more impressive seeing a fighter finish their opponent as soon as they can, instead of just playing with the guy like a cat does with a dead mouse until almost the very end of the fight before he really tried to finish. That's all. Fight was pretty good though.

Proof that fightmetric doesnt even count the strikes.

They just said hey, its ufc 173. thats how many punches he threw.

Landed 131 of 173 punches thrown against henderson.

How on earth is that a boring performance? If it was boring, it was because it was such a one sided beatdown. But cormier didn't just lay on henderson, he beat the living shit out of him.

What is he supposed to do, let hendo up? Cormier did his job. He stole hendo's soul on the ground, then finished him. It was a truly great performance, and it is the worst anyone has beaten hendo in his entire career.

According to Hendo nuthuggers he was afraid to duke it out, he was also 240 pounds and Hendo a mw.

Quality over quantity.. I thought the fight was kind of meh. Cormier could have finished Dan way earlier, but it's almost like he didn't want to. Could have mounted him 100 times and I only remember it happening the once at the end of the fight.

I just think it's more impressive seeing a fighter finish their opponent as soon as they can, instead of just playing with the guy like a cat does with a dead mouse until almost the very end of the fight before he really tried to finish. That's all. Fight was pretty good though.

Except for the amount of times people call those fast finishes a fluke or a lucky break.

To be honest Im more impressed with Cain's 2 wins over JDS than the KO win for Junior.

Good fight, it just had it's boring moments. The crowd was dumb as hell though. Cormier takes him down and starts working for a submission and they start booing lol.

Calm smothering:

854343466.gif

I have seen this play out before somewhere... oh yes:

gazelle.gif

I thought DC's wrestling display was amazing. Especially the ragdoll takedowns and the scrambles.

I was not, however, impressed by his very safe, low power GnP.

DC seemed quite happy to just grind it out for the full three rounds and only seemed to really go for a finish once he realized Hendo was too gassed to do anything about it.

Doesn't bode well for how he'll do against Jon Jones, imo. Jones won't gas and isn't a 43yr old guy w/out his TRT. Hell, even in Hendo's last match he was getting his ass kicked by Shogun until he landed the bombs.

DC's an impressive guy, but that fight proved basically nothing in my mind. We already knew his wrestling was good and DC took much longer to finish Hendo than other guys we've seen.

I think he has a problem with his hand every time he lands big he broke it.

dude might actually be the baddest man in the ufc right now.

Good fight, it just had it's boring moments.I'd The crowd was with all as conjoined!#
ough. Cormier takes him down and starts working for a submission and they start booing lol.

Sr if that person on your avatar is you and I see you on the street I would punch you with all my cojones
just nasty looking....it pisses me off to see that freaking picture

The top game was a bit boring just because I knew Hendo was not getting up and exhausting himself. It was kind of sad at the same time. Bad matchmaking by the UFC putting a guy who could be the best in the world against an old undersized legend.

I can't wait for DC/Jones.

Shut up, you wouldn't so shit

lol at how much hate you get for that AV.

It wasn't boring as a whole, but at times it was merely due to the fact that it was utter dominance by DC, and he wasn't willing to risk going 100% which could possibly gas him out in order to finish the fight earlier. In reality he basically toyed with Hendo, who looked pretty much finished(as an MMA fighter) in that fight; he had so many chances to finish him in the 1st and 2nd rounds that he didn't try for. It shouldn't be compared to lay and pray wins because that is not what it was, it was closer to Cain vs JDS 2/3 although there are some obvious differences that separate those fights.

Hendo doesn't even have the weight on him to be a LHW anymore, especially with the new era of monsters like DC, Gus, Glover, and JBJ who could all fight at HW. The guy is almost 44, and looks much worse with every performance, He didn't even look very good in the Shogun win. I think he needs to retire rather than going to MW. No way he beats Weidman, Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi, and we already saw what happened with Machida(Landed 1 punch in 3 rounds), Belfort(destroyed), and Silva if we assume he comes back well from the injury. He'd have a chance with the lower top ten fighters, but it wouldn't be a high chance at all. He needs to retire soon, no point in trying to be a MW GK at 45, he won't even come close to the belt. Just give him a retirement legacy match with someone like Wandy or Franklin.

Last edited:
It was positional dominance with an occasional barrage of punches, that visibly hurt Hendo (possibly even made him go limp at one point), but people want cheesy mean faces like Condit or else it's boring.

It was a great performance by Cormier, looked like he was toying with ol' Hendo.

Still not buying into the Cormier hype until he looks impressive against a LHW that's not a coffee server or a way past his prime senior citizen. I think Cormier is good but Gus and Jones are great.

Cormier put on a great performance. Very fluid in the scramble.

Back