According to fightmetric, cormier

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by EndlessCritic, May 25, 2014.

1. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

Landed 131 of 173 punches thrown against henderson.

How on earth is that a boring performance? If it was boring, it was because it was such a one sided beatdown. But cormier didn't just lay on henderson, he beat the living shit out of him.

What is he supposed to do, let hendo up? Cormier did his job. He stole hendo's soul on the ground, then finished him. It was a truly great performance, and it is the worst anyone has beaten hendo in his entire career.

2. JayElectra

JayElectra Paper Belt Banned

It wasn't all that exciting because it was so one-sided. Cormier was just way better than Hendo.

3. ShreddinMMA

ShreddinMMA Gold Belt

DC ran a clinic. When he had Hendo on the ground he was either going for a sub or landing big punches.

People just hate grappling for some reason.

4. OldManGrip

OldManGrip Brown Belt

It was bc cormier was so dominant, I enjoyed it as a cormier fan. I was scared he might not finish the fight though. He had plenty of openings.

5. NikFights**

NikFights** Banned Banned

I thought it was a great fight, although not for hendo.

6. dawnslayer

dawnslayer wizard

Reminded me too much of Jones/Shogun.

7. dc007

dc007 mr. white belt

This. There was constant pressure from DC and he beat the hell of Hendo.

8. BringCodyBack

BringCodyBack Green Belt

Who the fuck call that Boring, im a huge Dan fan , but Cormier was nothing short of Amazing.

Any retard that calls Dc performance boring, go watch something else, mma is not your sport

9. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

Well it's good to see there are some sane people here, but all last night people were saying was, "Daniel Bore-mier"

10. rjmbrd

rjmbrd Gold Belt

I disagree that DC landed 'big punches' in fact I would argue he was throwing 20-25% most of the time. If he was throwing hard Hendo would have went directly to sleep.

The guy has had a lot of trouble keeping his hands healthy (read: unbroken) and he was able to completely ragdoll and control Hendo with complete impunity. He waited and appropriate amount of time until Hendo was mush from the smothering and choked him out - after repeatedly looking at the clock 5+ times - to make sure he had it marked as a stoppage win within 3.

It certainly wasn't boring, he threw the guy over his head twice. It was just a mismatch where DC knew he was in zero danger and he calmly went about his business.

11. emperor

emperor Red Belt

It definitely wasn't boring, but I found it extremely hard to watch as a Hendo fan.

12. Toxxus

Toxxus The Ancient One

I thought DC's wrestling display was amazing. Especially the ragdoll takedowns and the scrambles.

I was not, however, impressed by his very safe, low power GnP.

DC seemed quite happy to just grind it out for the full three rounds and only seemed to really go for a finish once he realized Hendo was too gassed to do anything about it.

Doesn't bode well for how he'll do against Jon Jones, imo. Jones won't gas and isn't a 43yr old guy w/out his TRT. Hell, even in Hendo's last match he was getting his ass kicked by Shogun until he landed the bombs.

DC's an impressive guy, but that fight proved basically nothing in my mind. We already knew his wrestling was good and DC took much longer to finish Hendo than other guys we've seen.

13. Count Zero

Count Zero Twisting Nether

He beat him the fuck up. He risked position multiple times to go for submissions. Tossed him like a sack of potatoes. Ground and pounded all day.

But, apparently to some people on here that's "wrestle fucking".

14. OldManGrip

OldManGrip Brown Belt

I think Dc was scared of breaking his hand on that thick skull of hendo, He could of put him out if he went 100%

15. emperor

emperor Red Belt

That's nuts. Hendo is insanely durable and last night the one thing he was good at was getting out of bad positions. When Cormier had his somewhere where he could land GnP, Hendo scrambled almost immediately. Cormier didn't always have the opportunity to pound him out because when he started, Hendo would roll away and he'd have to start over.

Although I guess I do need to mention the "do I really have to keep hitting him?" look that he gave Dean in the 3rd round.

16. Drogon

Drogon Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

It got a tad tiresome in the 2nd round. Having said that, I don't hold it against any fighter if they smother dan like that (in addition to tossing him on his head) because he's just so damn good in scrambles.

17. Stuhby

Stuhby Blue Belt

Nailed it.

The constant chirping from Rogan of "Henderson is -always- dangerous" wasn't enough to make me think the fight was going any way but DCs. It was so one-sided that it was entirely avoidable. If you saw the three gifs, you've seen the only parts of the fight worth watching.

Impressive, absolutely.

Entertaining? Meh.

It's not entertaining to watch one guy not being able to do anything all fight from his back.

Cain beats the living shit out of people. Cormier just beat Henderson up. It's a little different. Cormier has been coasting in the UFC because all of his opponents have been completely outwrestled, and he knows he doesn't have to do anything else to win. He could have done -anything- to Henderson, but just grinded out of... respect? Idk.

18. rjmbrd

rjmbrd Gold Belt

IMO it was more a case where DC knew he was in exactly zero danger so he calmly and appropriately went about smothering Hendo until it was time to ensure it was a stoppage victory.

He's broken his hands a number of times and had surgery, and Hendo has a legendary thick skull. It was essentially a guaranteed squash match for DC so why bother breaking his hands when he could do what he did - dominate and slip in the RNC when he felt like it before the bell rang.

When he's fighting Jones I highly doubt he's going to worry about protecting his hands, he's going to throw like he did when he broke his hand putting Bigfoot directly to sleep.

19. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

Calm smothering:

[​IMG]

20. Gigaton Punch

Gigaton Punch Gold Belt

He looked a lot like Cain Velasquez out there. A ton of wrestling pressure but not really throwing full power into his gnp. He eventually took the choke though. Cain still refuses to put his hooks in.