According to Dana, Werdum and Bisping will get title shots if they win...

Poor Weidman. :(
I know Bisping will lose against Silva, but I still think Bisping will lose in an interesting way and may actually challenge Silva before he loses.
Weidman will lose too, but I think he deserves the title shot before Bisping.

yeah. and saying that belfort is even relevant at 185 is a stretch. since he moved to 185, he's beaten sexyama and that's it. his fight vs rumble was at catch-weight, and it's difficult to put much stock in that victory when you account for the fact that johnson was in terrible shape, and big dan gave belfort some very quick stand ups while he was getting gnp'd.

His legendary status and fandom makes him relevant man why is that so hard to understand?

It is the same as Chael no matter what division he goes to he will be relevant. Why?? Because of his Fandom and draw power.

$$$$$$$$$$ is king and the people that run the sport make their decisions based on what will make the most $ as opposed to what is fair look at the Hendrix situation as a prime example.

How can you even argue the point. Weidman (in my opinion is the current #2 MW skill wise) but he is not the best option for a title fight ATM Bisping is.

Everything you say is correct.

But there is more to it than that.

A long-time champ wants to fight the biggest names possible before he retires. Bisping has been around UFC fans as a bad boy since TUF in 2006. He has a few losses, but only to the very best guys, and has 13 wins as a UFC fighter.
Weidman might be the better fighter and more deserving contender (to hardcore fans who follow this stuff), but the Bisping fight makes sense for other reasons.

My own opinion is that I don't mind if Anderson loses before he retires, but I don't want him to lose by decision to a wrestler; I want him to really lose a fight for real. It's not right for a long time champ who is 16-0 in the UFC to be pushing 40 and lose to some BS 10-9 wrestling. I'd rather see Anderson vs Jones than Anderson vs Weidman.

Are you saying Weidman will lay on him?
He always attacks very agressively on the ground.

Also, Bisping is never knocking Anderson out. Weidman can submit Anderson, though.

I would not pay to see Werdum fight another legit striker ever again. The striking of Werdum is overrated big time. The only way he will look any good against a legit striker is if he is flopping like a flounder every other second of the fight when he is threatened then freezing on his back like a opossum....it is just obscene.

But I would like for him to do it against JDS in a non title fight.

Werdum's only loss in his last 5 have been to Overeem, a fight in which he outstruck him. The dude was the first to defeat Fedor. In my eyes, he should get a title shot immediately.

Werdum didn't come close to outstriking Overeem.
You guys really need to stop listening to the PBP guys who cite stats.

Overeem demolished the stand up. Werdum didn't land a single punch that did anything, whereas Overeem knocked Werdum down and made him butt scoot.

He's looked solid, but not great.
He looked terrible against Overeem, great against Nelson and okay against Russow.

Overeem and Cormier should get shots first.

I think you right about the Reem but I think Cormier is in the same boat as Weidman ATM needs to get more public spotlight on him.

Werdum will be after Reem IMO. (Be awesome tho if Reem won it then got to re-match werdum :). )

Werdum didn't come close to outstriking Overeem.
You guys really need to stop listening to the PBP guys who cite stats.

Overeem demolished the stand up. Werdum didn't land a single punch that did anything, whereas Overeem knocked Werdum down and made him butt scoot.

Agree Werdum wanted no part of Reem in the stand up he even begged Reem to hop into guard while on the ground LOL

I think you right about the Reem but I think Cormier is in the same boat as Weidman ATM needs to get more public spotlight on him.

Werdum will be after Reem IMO. (Be awesome tho if Reem won it then got to re-match werdum :). )

Do you think Dana would cut Werdum if he pulled the flounder flop in a title fight?

Overeem will always beat Werdum from now on.
Werdum don't want to stand with Overeem but he stand with Nelson lol and Nelson has the KO power punch and Overeem don't, but Werdum can't stand with Overeem but can stand with Nelson.

JDS would destroy Werdum again.

I don't care about that.
Werdum probably isn't a bigger draw.

Cormier's got a ton of momentum and he deserves a shot.
And more importantly, Cormier's got a good chance of winning, whereas Werdum doesn't.

Do you think Dana would cut Werdum if he pulled the flounder flop in a title fight?

Don't know about cutting him he would certainly lose his shit (think the Bisping mayhem fight but about 75% angrier)

Would probably consider withholding payment or some shit like that lol :icon_chee

I don't care about that.
Werdum probably isn't a bigger draw.

Cormier's got a ton of momentum and he deserves a shot.
And more importantly, Cormier's got a good chance of winning, whereas Werdum doesn't.

Again it comes down to what is fair and what will sell..... :redface: the UFCs lack of a official ladder system can at times really hurt it IMO.

:icon_sad:

Don't know about cutting him he would certainly lose his shit (think the Bisping mayhem fight but about 75% angrier)

Would probably consider withholding payment or some shit like that lol :icon_chee

LOL! Yeah you are probably right. Dana would probably let go with consecutive f*&k,fz*k,fuuuuuuqs, response.

Again it comes down to what is fair and what will sell..... :redface: the UFCs lack of a official ladder system can at times really hurt it IMO.

:icon_sad:

A Cormier fight would sell more.
Cormier is American, an Olympic wrestler, undefeated and he was the GP winner.
Werdum can be hyped for beating Fedor.

For sure I can't see Nog winning this without heavenly intervention.
Also if he did win this and then got a shot at JDS he would get obliterated and we would see JDS cry because he just demolished his teacher his friend and his idol. I for one do not want to see that. :icon_sad:

(Natman you are close to my favorite poster dude always makes sense wether I agree you or not)
Lol wtf JDS and Nog would never fight.

...their next fights.

Source is in portuguese: http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/12/dana-white-e-o-futuro-de-jon-jones-tres-lutas-e-ele-pega-o-anderson.html

He also says Anderson wants to fight Bisping, Jon Jones and GSP for his next three fights.

Will all of these fights take place? Time will tell, but apparently its what the boss says and wants.

not going to happen, the ufc will milk the champ vs champ fights, so it will be nate m and cormier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back