Accidently machine dryed my Gi, ****ed up the Lapel, any way to save it ?

Johnick

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi

I know you shouldn't machine dry a Gi but I did it by accident (new washer dryer, couldnt figure out how to use it). The collar on the Gi is very stiff and feels like the elastic on the inside has shrunk. Is there any way of getting it back to normal ?, its a regular Koral Gi btw.

Thanks in advance

I have had two Koral gis for about 2 years each. Each has been machine washed AND dried dozens and dozens of times with no problems at all.

I have had two Koral gis for about 2 years each. Each has been machine washed AND dried dozens and dozens of times with no problems at all.

Thanks, but that doesnt really help. Ive machine dried mine once and it does have a problem, I can post pics when I get home from work if needs be.

Hi
The collar on the Gi is very stiff and feels like the elastic on the inside has shrunk. Is there any way of getting it back to normal ?,

my team mate did the same thing and the collar was all short and bunched up and stuff

you have messed up your gi-- buy a new one, I dont think theres anything you can do unless someone whos smaller than you wants to buy a shrunk gi with the collars all messed up

Happens with patches that aren't pre shrunk as well. I jacked two nice mundial gi's by drying them.

A gi should be able to be dried in a drier.

Back