Accept the truth about Jon Jones.

robiscus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He doesn't care about his opponents.

Come on people, its been THREE YEARS since Greg Jackson told him to check on Machida so he can "get some fans". And now people are rationalizing his cheap histrionics last night? Please.
Jon Jones has no empathy or respect for other fighters. Accept it.

If you find that endearing, then you like Jones. I think one of the best things about MMA- the thing that sets it apart from all other sports- is the instant respect and admiration that fighters have for each other after their fight.

GSP would always grab the mic and get the crowd to cheer for the guy he just beat.
AS would always lay the belt down and kneel at the feet of the man he just KO'd.

Lots of fighters work themselves up into hating their opponent for a fight because they fight from an emotional place. It pushes them that much further(Koscheck Diaz, Ortiz).

But Jones is a true narcissist. He doesn't subscribe to the ethics of the dojo, He's got the NFL sensibility in the ring. If he hasn't learned to understand how respect fits into martial arts by now. He never will.

Come on people, its been THREE YEARS since Greg Jackson told him to check on Machida so he can "get some fans". And now people are rationalizing his cheap histrionics last night? Please.

If you find that endearing, then you like Jones. I think one of the best things about MMA- the thing that sets it apart from all other sports- is the instant respect and admiration that fighters have for each other after their fight.

GSP would always grab the mic and get the crowd to cheer for the guy he just beat.
AS would always lay the belt down and kneel at the feet of the man he just KO'd.

Lots of fighters work themselves up into hating their opponent for a fight because they fight from an emotional place. It pushes them that much further(Koscheck Diaz, Ortiz).

But Jones is a true narcissist. He doesn't subscribe to the ethics of the dojo, He's got the NFL sensibility in the ring. If he hasn't learned to understand how respect fits into martial arts by now. He never will.

Blah Blah Blah who cares about that stuff its about winning fights. Another hater angry at Jones's success get over it.

One of the key ingredients that sets the elite level sports people above the rest of the pack.

(But I agree he showed a real lack of class, a bit like Andersons taunting of Maia)

Why should Jones care about the fighters he destroys? This is fighting, not a hand holding competition.

Seriously? Get over it.

I recall several classless AS moments, and if you dont, you're cherrypicking. If all you see are the negative aspects of Jones, well, you're cherrypicking there, too.

He shouldn't care about his opponents, u think if dc won he would've consoled Jones? This is the hurt business, u wanna see guys hug go watch some next sport

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

If Sherdog allowed fighter bashing, there would be a sticky thread by now saying "Jones is a psycho, we get it. No more threads about it".

tl;dr but the only thing that less fucks are given about is him not caring. By me.

and still

Does a Lion shed tears for the calf that he kills?

Does the Wolf care about a lamb?

Does an Eagle wonder if the mice he ate had family?

This is MMA the strong feast on the weak. Survival of the fit only the strong survive.

Why should Jon care about the concerns of the vanquished?

He only worries about him let you losers worry about you.

I'm not even a Jones fans but lets please stop with this whiny crybaby bullshit. They both said a lot of negative things about each other, I rather people stay true to their feelings instead of pretending to be best friends.

Jones said he doesn't feel bad because if DC would have win last night, you all know he would have kept the trash talking going, and I have to agree with JBJ.

Does a Lion shed tears for the calf that he kills?

Does the Wolf care about a lamb?

Does an Eagle wonder if the mice he ate had family?

This is MMA the strong feast on the weak. Survival of the fit only the strong survive.

Why should Jon care about the concerns of the vanquished?

He only worries about him let you losers worry about you.

MMA doesn't fit the other categories you mentioned. MMA is a sport, it's not real life. And in sports one expects a degree of sportsmanship.

That said, I could care less whether Jones cares about his opponents' feelings.

Seriously? Get over it.

I recall several classless AS moments, and if you dont, you're cherrypicking. If all you see are the negative aspects of Jones, well, you're cherrypicking there, too.

yes. i always disliked silva for that too.

MMA doesn't fit the other categories you mentioned. MMA is a sport, it's not real life. And in sports one expects a degree of sportsmanship.

That said, I could care less whether Jones cares about his opponents' feelings.

It's real life and makes perfect sense. What Jon does affects the quality of life he and his family will have afterwards, from finances, housing, and food on the table.
Similar to an animal hunting to survive. Sure there are some rules, but it doesn't change the fact that only the strong survive.

Back