Acai

I like it because I'm one of those guys whos so into BJJ that I like to try to assimilate myself into Brazilian culture in every possible way.

Proof?

I've had it and it tasted pretty terrible and didn't seem to offer any magical 'health benefits'.

It has only 10% more antioxidants than blueberries which are easily consumed by putting them in your oatmeal every morning. So what are the benefits besides a lighter wallet?

Sheesh.

"Donuts will make you fat."
"Proof. I had a donut and it didn't make me 'fat'."

Acai has some pretty well known health benefits. Get over it.

Sheesh.

Hes right....I had a doughnut yesterday and I'm not fat yet!

Silly mod. Acai is more important to BJJ than training.

It does seem that way. Are grapplers just as superstitious as NHL goalies? If so, there's a damn strong placebo effect a-crankin', then. Carry on.

It does seem that way. Are grapplers just as superstitious as NHL goalies? If so, there's a damn strong placebo effect a-crankin', then. Carry on.

all i can say is i like acai... i do bjj a lot... and i do wash my belt from time to time. however, this stuff wont make you ripped or feel like superman. its just healthy stuff and thats that.

It's pretty good. Jamba Juice has an Acai smoothie that's pretty good. never had the berry in raw form tho.

Sheesh.

Sheesh.

I ask for evidence of 'health benefits' and you tell me that 'It has some pretty well known ones.'

What kind of cop out answer is that? They're so well known that you can't name any? Neither can I.

Which is why I asked for proof.

Acai is so popular in Rio that they sell it in our school, I like it simple, just the acai with the granola! Gotta have two layers of granola though

Sheesh.

I ask for evidence of 'health benefits' and you tell me that 'It has some pretty well known ones.'

What kind of cop out answer is that? They're so well known that you can't name any? Neither can I.

There is quite a few. Try to use google.

I just like it as a snack, that's all. Not sure if it really is as good as they say for you, but it's better that I eat that instead of some crap after training.

Sheesh.

It's one of the highest Anti Oxidant foods there are. I think it's like 4th or something. If that's not considered a health benifit than i don't know what is. It's not something magical that going to make you completely healthly even eatting a bunch of junk food. There's no food that will do that.

It's one of the highest Anti Oxidant foods there are. I think it's like 4th or something. If that's not considered a health benifit than i don't know what is. It's not something magical that going to make you completely healthly even eatting a bunch of junk food. There's no food that will do that.

Maybe you missed my initial post. The one where I said Acai has about 10% more antioxidants than eating blueberries.

I _know_ it has antioxidants. I asked what's the difference between eating it and eating blueberries (which are cheaper and more readily available) and people started on this whole 'OMG!! TEH HEALTH BENEFITS!!!111' trip.

What health benefits does Acai possess that blueberries don't? That's all I want to know.

Well...I know acai does have tons of Omega fatty acids and all that.

Surely not the exact same ones (ALA/EPA/DHA) that I get from eating eggs, fish, fish oil tablets, flaxseed oil, and grass-fed beef?

Any other magical properties that make Acai worth the price?

Seriously. Everyone goes crazy over this shit and nobody can tell me anything that it does? Seriously...? For real for real?

Back