ACA 92: Yagshimuradov vs. Celinski

Khasiev owned the property since some time back. I don't think he started the org but he bought it some time back without merging the two orgs.

Do you have a source for this? He only bought Tech-Krep in September this year.

M-1 isn't owned by a Caucasus oligarch (unlike ACB, WFCA, Tech-Krep, Fight Night Global). Of all the companies in Russia, they'd be the least likely to have merged with ACB from a socio-buisness perspective.

Tech-Krep was run by ethnic Russians. It held many events in Krasnador Krai, but Krasnador is now predominantly Russian because the native Circassian population was genocided in the mid 1800s by the Russian Empire. They have almost no overt political or cultural links to other Caucasians, so why include them in your generalization as a means to differ them from M-1? Makes no sense.

Adopting the PFL name already starts a fresh rreputation. How is that hard to follow?

It's the number count that gives a level of REPUTATION to casual fans that conveys experience and roster depth.
Nah, i don't think so. If you keep the count going people are going to assimilate to WSOF with more frequency/ease and therefore think PFL is also somewhat shady, while if you reset it more fans will treat it like a new promotion, and there's no problem with that, new orgs with "new" formats generate more interest. Let's agree to disagree in that regard.

Nah, i don't think so. If you keep the count going people are going to assimilate to WSOF with more frequency/ease and therefore think PFL is also somewhat shady, while if you reset it more fans will treat it like a new promotion, and there's no problem with that, new orgs with "new" formats generate more interest. Let's agree to disagree in that regard.

I think most people already do that by linking PFL as a continuation of WSOF.

I think most people already do that by linking PFL as a continuation of WSOF.
No, i don't think so. Specially considering they have a new TV deal and are streaming on FB, many of PFL fans are completely new to the org. Myself included.

No, i don't think so. Specially considering they have a new TV deal and are streaming on FB, many of PFL fans are completely new to the org. Myself included.

New fans because it's a better product. I'm in the same boat.

But I, like many, did see it as a continuation and improvement on WSOF and not brand new.

New fans because it's a better product. I'm in the same boat.

But I, like many, did see it as a continuation and improvement on WSOF and not brand new.
No, new fans because it feels like a completely different org. New format, fighters & TV deal.

because Khasiev is a businessman
didn't Khasiev refused to accept sponsorship from Nike, or something like that, because of the brand stance on homosexuals? doesn't feel like a smart business decision IMO

better product
What on earth are you smoking?

WSOF gave us the incredible rise of Marlon Moraes and Justin Gaethje.

PFL has given us some goofy tournaments where the points you get depend on what round you finish the fight, and then an even goofier quarterfinal system where two round fights are decided based on who won the first round. Not to mention, two of the tournaments saw top contenders drop out without losing a fight (Timur Valiev and Islam Mamedov).

didn't Khasiev refused to accept sponsorship from Nike, or something like that, because of the brand stance on homosexuals? doesn't feel like a smart business decision IMO

Any other Russian businessman would have said the same thing. You're singling him out because?

And who said he makes "smart" business decisions? My whole tirade about him/ACB has been that they make dumb moves.

No, new fans because it feels like a completely different org. New format, fighters & TV deal.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

WSOF was also on NBCSN. They're on the same TV network.

Last edited:
What on earth are you smoking?

WSOF gave us the incredible rise of Marlon Moraes and Justin Gaethje.

PFL has given us some goofy tournaments where the points you get depend on what round you finish the fight, and then an even goofier quarterfinal system where two round fights are decided based on who won the first round. Not to mention, two of the tournaments saw top contenders drop out without losing a fight (Timur Valiev and Islam Mamedov).

Sorry I just never watched WSOF. I like the PFL tournament, hence to me its a better product. I also like that there's more foreign fighters they brought in addition to the ones they previously had. It just captured me more.

PFL does have more work to do. It's not perfect, and I've criticized them on another thread.

That's because you didn't pay attention because I never said that. I said anyone can ACCUSE Khasiev of it when it becomes politically convenient. Like what happened with Ziyavuddin. He was close to President Medvedyev but now Medvedev isn't as prominent and his allies are being selectively targeted.

Having links to Kadyrov doesn't mean they shouldn't change the last A. There's already a damn A in the first part of the name. {<doc}ACA name sucks. It's an accounting firm or a medical clinic of some sorts.

M-1 and ACB merger was proposed by me when it became public that they were suffering financial issues. M-1 and ACB were the top orgs and by combining they would have a solid roster and become a powerhouse because M-1 has it's accounting and management in order, their decision making is far more financially sound.

That was me speaking from a rational POV and an MMA POV. Nothign to do with regional politics and cliques. I still don't believe there would be any hang up between an M-1 and ACB merger back then, because Khasiev is a businessman and so are the guys behind M-1. If it was just PR then ACB would have merged with WFCA ages ago instead of operating separately.

Finkelshtein who heads M-1 also heads WMMAA, and both orgs have heavy Caucasus fighters and cooperation. There's Russian MMA Union events behind held in North Caucasus every year. Khasiev being Chechen doesn't mean he's automatically disqualified from partnerships. It's WFCA that was politically aligned.
Actually, I remember Khasiev said that they are not doing co-promotion events because of their bad experience co-promoting with M-1.
Also, as I think it was Oleynik who said that, that there is a reason why M-1 exist like what, 20 years and most Russian promotions exist for a few years. Or look at their policy with fighters - M-1 has exclusive contracts and known to force fighters to fight them out or buy them out while Khasiev were saying that he can let anybody leave for the UFC. And all that stuff -- ACB holding events all over the world, TV deals, I think Vadim said that you can see M-1 in over 100 countries (and there is M-1 TV channel in Russia, but ACB has a TV channel too now), M-1 having ties with Fedor's MMA Union while I can remember Khasiev criticizing Union and threating to never work with them again. And just - who's gonna be the head of merged promotion, Khasiev's ego seems to be too big to let someone rules while for Vadim letting Khasiev rule seems illogical. Like, from what I've read seems like M-1 is the only Russian mma promotion that gets some profit, while ACB and Khasiev known for controversies with Khasiev, like him overturning decisions and saying big words on social media and on video. So merging will be like between functioning and more or less sucessful promotion - M-1 and money devouring black hole/toy of the oligarch - ACB.

Plus, Khasiev have a reputation and not sure that it's a good one - from what I can remember he said not nice things about Ossetians, ACB fighters, other promotions and their owners. His son has made the news when him and his friends (or ACB staff) and Taisumov were driving in Moscow either at some crazy speed or on the wrong side of the road and broadcasting it.
Plus, I think M-1 still has that ruleset with banned elbows and they have ring girls.

Plus, Khasiev have a reputation and not sure that it's a good one - from what I can remember he said not nice things about Ossetians, ACB fighters, other promotions and their owners. His son has made the news when him and his friends (or ACB staff) and Taisumov were driving in Moscow either at some crazy speed or on the wrong side of the road and broadcasting it.
Plus, I think M-1 still has that ruleset with banned elbows and they have ring girls.

Ossetians collaborated with the Russian Empire and later with Stalin against the Chechens and Ingush. Of course, he'll have something to say about it.

Stalin committed ethnic cleansing in the 1940s against them and several others (Crimean Tatars, Kalmykhs and ethnic German Russians). A large portion of Ossetia today was part of Ingushetia prior to this ethnic cleansing.

You can't suppress history, nor should you be surprised when people have tensions over that.

Actually, I remember Khasiev said that they are not doing co-promotion events because of their bad experience co-promoting with M-1.
Also, as I think it was Oleynik who said that, that there is a reason why M-1 exist like what, 20 years and most Russian promotions exist for a few years. Or look at their policy with fighters - M-1 has exclusive contracts and known to force fighters to fight them out or buy them out while Khasiev were saying that he can let anybody leave for the UFC. And all that stuff -- ACB holding events all over the world, TV deals, I think Vadim said that you can see M-1 in over 100 countries (and there is M-1 TV channel in Russia, but ACB has a TV channel too now), M-1 having ties with Fedor's MMA Union while I can remember Khasiev criticizing Union and threating to never work with them again. And just - who's gonna be the head of merged promotion, Khasiev's ego seems to be too big to let someone rules while for Vadim letting Khasiev rule seems illogical. Like, from what I've read seems like M-1 is the only Russian mma promotion that gets some profit, while ACB and Khasiev known for controversies with Khasiev, like him overturning decisions and saying big words on social media and on video. So merging will be like between functioning and more or less sucessful promotion - M-1 and money devouring black hole/toy of the oligarch - ACB.

This was just an idea from my part. Of course, there's reasons why they didn't merge. But all the reasons you just listed are minor.

M-1 just partnered with UFC. And this was despite the two hating each other for over a decade. Did that thought ever enter your mind? Dana and Finkelshtein had huge personal problems. And btw, Finkelshtein and Fedor stopped working together. Their relationship is business only, so there's nothing to say Khasiev might not be able to do do the same.

Please think rationally.

Last time you were arguing a few months ago about how Abus Magomedov wasn't Russian because he lives in Germany. He was born in Russia. You brought up some bullshit reasoning and kept repeating it over and over. I can't take you seriously.

Ossetians collaborated with the Russian Empire and later with Stalin against the Chechens and Ingush. Of course, he'll have something to say about it.

Stalin committed ethnic cleansing in the 1940s against them and several others (Crimean Tatars, Kalmykhs and ethnic German Russians). A large portion of Ossetia today was part of Ingushetia prior to this ethnic cleansing.

You can't suppress history, nor should you be surprised when people have tensions over that.
As far as I can remember he didn't have anything to say about it if I'm not mistaken he said that Ossetians are Jews from Iran and something along the lines that they are not native people of Caucasus.

This was just an idea from my part. Of course, there's reasons why they didn't merge. But all the reasons you just listed are minor.

M-1 just partnered with UFC. And this was despite the two hating each other for over a decade. Did that thought ever enter your mind? Dana and Finkelshtein had huge personal problems. And btw, Finkelshtein and Fedor stopped working together. Their relationship is business only, so there's nothing to say Khasiev might not be able to do do the same.

Please think rationally.

Last time you were arguing a few months ago about how Abus Magomedov wasn't Russian because he lives in Germany. He was born in Russia. You brought up some bullshit reasoning and kept repeating it over and over. I can't take you seriously.
So Fedor is Ukrainian because he was born there, Smolyakov is Belarusian and Sosnovskiy is Ukrainian. Ok, but I mean people often considers/calls them Russian Heavyweights.

So Fedor is Ukrainian because he was born there, Smolyakov is Belarusian and Sosnovskiy is Ukrainian. Ok, but I mean people often considers/calls them Russian Heavyweights.
Multiple nationality is a thing, you know..
Fedor is Ukrainian, and Russian. Same goes for Abus.

Back