Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
104209293_495510154547919_1209789413967717099_n.jpg
KLVw7A9daQg.jpg

Ee03IhKX0AI2GNc

Last edited:
ACA begging for Rashid to derail Vartanyan before his contract expires. Sadly, (well, kind of sadly) I don't think he will. Eduard is a real great striker himself and Rashid is only getting older.

Great fight Hopefully if Vartanyan wins and fights out of his contract the UFC doesn't cheap out and offers him a decent contract

Eayuw7UXgAMIeBp

ACA begging for Rashid to derail Vartanyan before his contract expires. Sadly, (well, kind of sadly) I don't think he will. Eduard is a real great striker himself and Rashid is only getting older.

I don't really get the thinking with this from ACA's point of view. I got into ACA because I looked up where Yan and Zabit came from and watched their old fights and got into the promotion as a whole. Having guys go to the UFC and do well makes them look legit as fuck.

Great fight Hopefully if Vartanyan wins and fights out of his contract the UFC doesn't cheap out and offers him a decent contract

Eayuw7UXgAMIeBp

I want to believe they'll pick him up, he has a good record, a marketable look and an exciting style. I thought they'd have picked up Kerimov, Tumenov and Magomedov by now too though, but they seem to be stuck in some kind of purgatory having left ACA but not been picked up by the UFC yet. Duraev I think wanted to go to the UFC but ended up having to go to KSW.

I don't really get the thinking with this from ACA's point of view. I got into ACA because I looked up where Yan and Zabit came from and watched their old fights and got into the promotion as a whole. Having guys go to the UFC and do well makes them look legit as fuck.

While there is truth to the notion that ACA fighters going to the UFC and wrecking shop brings them a lot of high repute, ACA also does want to be known as the premier MMA organization around. There is a reason why not a year ago they were continent-hopping and holding weekly-events all over the world. They want everyone to love the Akhmat brand and surpass the UFC (like virtually every MMA organization does). You can't do that if you don't have any stars, especially if popular ones like Vartanyan (another Russian-speaking Sherdog-user told me was one of their best ticket-sellers) leaves.

I just don't think that if they wanted to make Vartanyan big in the UFC, then they'd have him face a notoriously tricky striker like Rashid. Rashid is old and a newcomer to ACA, so him losing does them little damage. They match them up with the gamble that Vartanyan will lose. And if Eduard does lose, he's quite unlikely to jump-ship, and will instead stay in Russia. If they wanted to give him a boost into the UFC then they'd match him up with like.... Gamzatkhanov or someone.

I want to believe they'll pick him up, he has a good record, a marketable look and an exciting style. I thought they'd have picked up Kerimov, Tumenov and Magomedov by now too though

Most Dagestani guys are managed by Ali. Maybe the problem is that they're simply not managed by Ali? He seems to almost have an monopoly on bringing them over.

However, I don't get the impression that the UFC is all that hot on Dagestan. They're good fighters but they're also unlikely to be good ticket-sellers (Khabib's recent surge notwithstanding). Previously, I've read posts stating that fighters like Timur Valiev has stated that the UFC has declined in signing people like him or Magomedov or Izagakhmaev.

Wait... Timur is managed by Ali. That shoots down my entire point. Why did I make this post in the first place? :D

And yeah, I'm also twiddling my thumbs about them picking up Kerimov. Hopefully, it won't be like the Askarov situation where it took forever for him just to get in there.

Vartanyan vs Rashid 3 rounds or 5? Either way Vartanyan should take it pretty clear.

While there is truth to the notion that ACA fighters going to the UFC and wrecking shop brings them a lot of high repute, ACA also does want to be known as the premier MMA organization around. There is a reason why not a year ago they were continent-hopping and holding weekly-events all over the world. They want everyone to love the Akhmat brand and surpass the UFC (like virtually every MMA organization does). You can't do that if you don't have any stars, especially if popular ones like Vartanyan (another Russian-speaking Sherdog-user told me was one of their best ticket-sellers) leaves.

I just don't think that if they wanted to make Vartanyan big in the UFC, then they'd have him face a notoriously tricky striker like Rashid. Rashid is old and a newcomer to ACA, so him losing does them little damage. They match them up with the gamble that Vartanyan will lose. And if Eduard does lose, he's quite unlikely to jump-ship, and will instead stay in Russia. If they wanted to give him a boost into the UFC then they'd match him up with like.... Gamzatkhanov or someone.

Most Dagestani guys are managed by Ali. Maybe the problem is that they're simply not managed by Ali? He seems to almost have an monopoly on bringing them over.

However, I don't get the impression that the UFC is all that hot on Dagestan. They're good fighters but they're also unlikely to be good ticket-sellers (Khabib's recent surge notwithstanding). Previously, I've read posts stating that fighters like Timur Valiev has stated that the UFC has declined in signing people like him or Magomedov or Izagakhmaev.

Wait... Timur is managed by Ali. That shoots down my entire point. Why did I make this post in the first place? :D

And yeah, I'm also twiddling my thumbs about them picking up Kerimov. Hopefully, it won't be like the Askarov situation where it took forever for him just to get in there.

Yeah, I just think a healthy dose of realism is needed sometimes. If you can be the #1 in your region and accept the UFC being #1 in the world, then you can still make a lot of money. Realistically the UFC only wants so many Eastern fighters so it shouldn't have that much of an impact on your roster and it should make up and coming fighters less worried about signing for you (I imagine a lot of fighters choose M-1, purely because they let guys go to the UFC when they're ready) and you'd get more UFC vets happy to compete too.

And yeah, I wish these guys would get in, it seems that being in Khabib's circle is a big advantage at the moment. I feel really sorry for the guys who are in limbo. They probably could get into Bellator or PFL, but they want to wait for the UFC, but the offers just aren't coming at the moment.

Yeah, I just think a healthy dose of realism is needed sometimes. If you can be the #1 in your region and accept the UFC being #1 in the world, then you can still make a lot of money

Since ACA is (most assuredly) headed by a literal dictator strongman I think that realism is far off the table. :D

then you can still make a lot of money

I don't think money a real issue for ACA since their leaders are Chechen ministers (wherever you accept Mairbek or Kadyrov as it's the actual head). I mean, ACA is essentially funded through Russian taxpayers and other-such government revenues. I just don't think economics is all that much of an issue for these guys. They're already rich as trolls.

EDIT: OR... well... rich people always want to get richer. So I suppose it is.

Also, Murad Hunter vs Ali Bagov was just signed. Why isn't anyone freaking out about that!!!? I'm taking Murad with the upset!

Last edited:
Also, Murad Hunter vs Ali Bagov was just signed. Why isn't anyone freaking out about that!!!? I'm taking Murad with the upset!

Could well be an upset, Bagov didn't look that good at WW against Townsend, but he might be back to his best in this one hopefully.

They have good talent but there is no english broadcast on the torrent sites for their events. I hope they die and all their talent goes to Bellator and PFL so I can watch them fight

I want to believe they'll pick him up, he has a good record, a marketable look and an exciting style. I thought they'd have picked up Kerimov, Tumenov and Magomedov by now too though, but they seem to be stuck in some kind of purgatory having left ACA but not been picked up by the UFC yet. Duraev I think wanted to go to the UFC but ended up having to go to KSW.

Alexander Shlemenko said on an interview the UFC is more interested in signing European and Asian fighters

They have good talent but there is no english broadcast on the torrent sites for their events. I hope they die and all their talent goes to Bellator and PFL so I can watch them fight

They do have an English language broadcast, Brad Pickett does it.

Alexander Shlemenko said on an interview the UFC is more interested in signing European and Asian fighters
UFC has a hard cap on Russian fighters on roster, about 35, petr yan's manager confirmed it

I find it odd they cap Russians at 35 but happily have 100 odd Brazilians at any one time.
Why odd? They are constantly putting events in Brasil every year, they never had any event in Russia. And Europe is not the same as "Russia". Makes sense. Same rason why there are so many australians but barely any japanese. No events in Japan either for a while now...

They do have an English language broadcast, Brad Pickett does it.
Can't find them on mmatorrents or mmatracker. Where are you watching it?

Why odd? They are constantly putting events in Brasil every year, they never had any event in Russia. And Europe is not the same as "Russia". Makes sense. Same rason why there are so many australians but barely any japanese. No events in Japan either for a while now...

Can't find them on mmatorrents or mmatracker. Where are you watching it?

They've had a few shows in Russia now, I think they'll do two a year.

I just watch it on YouTube, they usually get them up pretty quick.

Back