Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Usyk tools Fury

grapplingod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last night's underwhelming display from Fury cemented what I already thought about him: an extremely flawed fighter whose length and agility disguises his numerous technical deficiencies.

Oleksandr Usyk is just the man to expose Fury for the fraud he is. This is the same guy that people were claiming would easily beat the prime versions of Ali, Tyson, Lewis etc.. Usyk is not only gifted with size, power, speed but is also one of the most skilled fighters in the world today, and has almost no weaknesses technically. One of the cleanest, most crisp punchers I've ever seen, and has ring savvy equivalent to that of Mayweather.

Usyk beats him 10 rounds to 2 at the minimum.

You're a really stupid poster.

"One of the cleanest, most crisp punchers I've ever seen, and has ring savvy equivalent to that of Mayweather."

QsrS1La.gif

Well, Usyk is an excellent offensive boxer but he’s not in Floyd’s league defensively speaking.

As for a Fury match, it would depend on which version of Fury shows up. And with his frame, reach and awkwardness, if he sits on his punches he may hurt Usyk at some point. Certainly not a gimme for Usyk. The guy outboxed Wlad Klitschko.

Last edited:
Nobody just "tools" Fury.
Usyk is no Otto Wallin.

I’m just hoping Fury isn’t falling back into the same rut he was in after the Klitschko fight. Some of his pre fight interviews had me a little concerned. Then to see how tough of a fight he had last night has me concerned even more. I think he’ll perform better against a fight that gets him more motivated. No way in hell does he want a loss on his record to Usyk, Wilder, Joshua, or Ruiz. Some of the pre fight interviews to this Otto Wallin fight has me a tad concerned

I like Usyk, I think he's a great boxer but Fury would never be an easy fight for him. Fury moves almost as much as Usyk, he has shown he can take shots from men who hit a lot harder than Usyk and he'd have a 6" height and 7" reach advantage. Usyk would have to beat Fury's jab and that's no easy task. Fury last night wasn't great and if that version shows up Usyk gives him lots of problems. But Fury at his best is a bad matchup for Usyk.

You're a really stupid poster.

"One of the cleanest, most crisp punchers I've ever seen, and has ring savvy equivalent to that of Mayweather."

View attachment 645817

If you can’t see the quality of boxer and pedigree uysk has I don’t know what to tell you.

He’s going to be the next he champion. He has the skills to outbox anybody at hw.
And he’ll box fury’s bodynfirst and his head.

And I have a lot of respect for wilder and fury. And Ruiz and even a little for Joshua

What do those guys have skill wise over uysk?

Weight?

Well, Usyk is an excellent offensive boxer but he’s not in Floyd’s league defensively speaking.

As for a Fury match, it would depend on which version of Fury shows up. And with his frame, reach and awkwardness, if he sits on his punches he may hurt Usyk at some point. Certainly not a gimme for Usyk. The guy outboxed Wlad Klitschko.

Why does fury get credit for winning s stinker against a 40
Year old klitschko.

But the hw. Of past get a pass and are way past it by mid 30s.

You think that was prime klitschko?

I would say he’s old. As that’s what happens with old fighters. They never pull the trigger and are gunshy see the openings but can’t capitalize.

Is it rose colored glasses with hw of the past or do you apply s different standard for each fighter?

40 is 40. Klitschko lose his last 2 fights. And in one of those he literally didn’t punch back.

I think fury is an outstanding boxer and that has nothing to do with beating klitschko.

He has all the skills. But he beat a washed up old man.

And Joshua went life and death with an older klitschko and that shouldn’t be a hallmark win for Joshua either. As ya know. The whole
Middle Aged man he was fighting.

It’s like saying you cant take away Kevin McBride’s win over Tyson away from Kevin.

Kevin showed how great he was in that fight.

And I’d be like well Tyson was so gunshy he couldn’t fight back.

I don’t think there’s anybody who tools Fury. He’s a very crafty and unorthodox fighter that can move and box way better than someone with his size and frame should. He’s the kind of fighter you can’t really have sparring partners emulate for you in a training camp. Let’s not pretend Usyk is invincible either, his last fight made him look pretty human too. Usyk is probably going to struggle establishing the same kind of ring control at heavyweight were most of his opponents will be as big or bigger than he is. Unless he suddenly develops the punching power to hurt and potentially drop top heavyweights he’s going to struggle to keep the top tier guys honest.

I get the impression that a lot of people think of Usyk as a bigger version of Loma

What did TS get banned for? A lot of recent accounts can't seem to last a month.
Not sure but if I had to put money on it I’d say the majority of the sudden banns we’ve been seeing probably has something to do with the Warroom sub thread. It seems like a lot of people are losing their shit and getting carried away in there.

Huge Usyk fan, he’d have to go to the body the whole fight and be on top of using his footwork to keep Fury from leaning and using his weight on him.

Usyk matches up best with Ruiz and Wilder in my opinion. Joshua and Fury would be tougher.

He could go 0-4 against them or he could beat them all, don’t know until we see his first fight at HW.

Fury would beat his ass. He'd just outbox him then bully him around with his size like he does. Terrible matchup for Usyk.

Why does fury get credit for winning s stinker against a 40
Year old klitschko.

But the hw. Of past get a pass and are way past it by mid 30s.

You think that was prime klitschko?

I would say he’s old. As that’s what happens with old fighters. They never pull the trigger and are gunshy see the openings but can’t capitalize.

Is it rose colored glasses with hw of the past or do you apply s different standard for each fighter?

40 is 40. Klitschko lose his last 2 fights. And in one of those he literally didn’t punch back.

I think fury is an outstanding boxer and that has nothing to do with beating klitschko.

He has all the skills. But he beat a washed up old man.

And Joshua went life and death with an older klitschko and that shouldn’t be a hallmark win for Joshua either. As ya know. The whole
Middle Aged man he was fighting.

It’s like saying you cant take away Kevin McBride’s win over Tyson away from Kevin.

Kevin showed how great he was in that fight.

And I’d be like well Tyson was so gunshy he couldn’t fight back.

Eh, hindsight is a also a way to rewrite history. Wlad happens to have been having a little success before the Fury bout and didn’t look bad at all a year and a half later against AJ. Comparing 2015 multiple beltholder Wlad to 2005 Tyson hardly makes any sense. And Fury and AJ are no Alis or Louises, but they aren’t McBrides either.

Last edited:
I think Usyk may well be able to beat a lot of these current HWs but he does not match up well at all with Fury. He doesnt have the power to stop him and considering the size disparity I doubt he could win on points either. Fury would be able to chip away at him from distance, and up close he'd probably be able to bully Usyk without much trouble too.

Fury is an absolute headcase. He can beat everyone, and he can be beaten by everyone. It depends which Fury shows up.

The old saying is 'a good big one beats a good little one' but i think Usyk is an excellent little one and fury is a good big one. Thats why i think usyk would beat Fury if they fought.

Haven’t had a chance to see much of Usyk, recommend some of his fights please.

I shall report back with my lemon opinion later

Back