Absolutely amazed at how little a chance Cerrone is being given here.

Yeah he's won 5 fights since Conor's last, but what you didn't mention is he also lost 6 fights in that time with 4 of those coming by TKO

When you have an older chinny fighter going up against a KO artist, it's not surprising people are picking Conor

Yeah he's won 5 fights since Conor's last, but what you didn't mention is he also lost 6 fights in that time with 4 of those coming by TKO

When you have an older chinny fighter going up against a KO artist, it's not surprising people are picking Conor
TKO artist*

Cerrone is a live dog
He is dangerous everywhere specially on the ground and had a great chin
problem is that he is very hittable

Let me say, I have no emotional investment in this fight. I don't like or dislike either of these guys. With that out of the way...

Cerrone has WON 5 fights since Conor's last victory. We're talking 3 full years here, people.

In that time, Conor was embarrassed by:
  • Mayweather (who carried the damn fight for entertainment value; could have flatlined Conor at ANY point).
  • Khabib (the less said about Conor's performance here, the better),

I never make fight predictions in absolute terms, but it's breath-taking how decidedly un-sober a lot of folks are being about this match-up. 3 years is a long goddamn to be uncompetitive, and that's exactly what Conor's been.

It's possible that Cerrone has taken so much damage in his wars that he's carrying an undisclosed injury or just general wear and tear. Maybe there's something I don't know.

Any guy that can go 5 full fucking rounds with Iaquinta and pull out the win is not to be trifled with, though. I think there's a VERY good chance Cerrone pulls this off.
Cerrone is taking a dive that's why no one is giving him chance lol

Cerrone is also 4-6 in his last 10 and his last 2 fights were tko losses. Cerrone has never fought good in big fights and the way he was talking leading up to the fight left me with the impression he wasn't going to do what it takes to win. He is more worried about putting on a good show, which to me is code for Dana is giving me a big back room bonus to make Conor look good. hope he proves me wrong but I think this fight was already decided with the cheque book.

Cerrone is looking drained from all that ass kissing he did for Conor

I think he’s absolutely a live dog, and if Conor isn’t sharp, Cowboy may light his ass up. But there’s way too many reasons why this isn’t a good fight for Cowboy (as @balsi already pointed out) for me to pick him.

IDT Cerrone have that fire anymore.
He just want to collect those fat checks(that he deserves)and have fun.
With that said,i still think he have a fair chance to beat Connie IF he passes the 2 first rounds .

Cerrone has no chance. He does not do well with power punchers. He'll get ktfo

He just doesn't sound confident going into this fight, lots of talks about putting on a fan friendly performance rather than winning.

never sleep on Cowboy, he has every chance to win this fight

In that time, Conor was embarrassed by:
  • Mayweather (who carried the damn fight for entertainment value; could have flatlined Conor at ANY point).
First, it's boxing. What the hell did you expect. That doesn't count against him MMA wise. Secondly, no he couldn't. Mayweather was trying his best as an uncharacteristically offensive boxer in this match and couldn't knock Mac unconscious. He's too small and not powerful.

• Khabib (the less said about Conor's performance here, the better),
Why and how is it significant with respect to the upcoming match against Cowboy? Khabib is top 3 if not the greatest MMA wrestler ever. And McGregor defended himself intelligently in that fight. If it was anyone else in there against Conor other than Khabib he could have gotten up or avoided the sub.

Cerrone is taking a dive that's why no one is giving him chance lol
Amazing how many people are still thinking Cowboy is going to win after red flag after red flag. He's making like 4-5x more on this fight than any other fight he's ever had. Cowboy knows what to do. That doesn't entail winning. These people putting money down on Cowboy are the types of guys who get cheated on by their wives or girlfriends and are oblivious to it. I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Cerrone does shit during main event fights.

His prime was, or at least started, back in WEC so he’s very Battle-worn. That was a very long time ago

Surprised to see him at +270.

That's easily worth betting on.

McG going out like Oasis.

Yeah its kind of disrespectful tbh. As a fan of both im just hoping for good fight.

Amazing how many people are still thinking Cowboy is going to win after red flag after red flag. He's making like 4-5x more on this fight than any other fight he's ever had. Cowboy knows what to do. That doesn't entail winning. These people putting money down on Cowboy are the types of guys who get cheated on by their wives or girlfriends and are oblivious to it. I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong.
Finally someone with some common sense!

Cowboy is a solid 55er, he's a well rounded veteran of the sport and a fan favourite for a reason.

He's the old fight anyone, anywhere any time kind of guy.

That being said, he's notoriously known to bottle it in high profile fights. He's getting older and slowing down.

Is he still dangerous? Yeah.
Could he very well upset McGregor? Sure.
Will his chance of winning improve each and every round? Absolutely.

Providing McGregor hasn't horrifically detiroated, he has the upper hand regarding speed, precision and timing.

Cowboy is coming to stand and bang, which plays right into McGregors hands. If Cowboy was a different fighter and came to win (with a gameplan to focus on McGregors holes) This fight would be much more of a toss up.

Cerrone's gonna get his ass kicked something fierce. Outgunned and he is not the type that does well in this huge fight high pressure situations. He's gonna get a good pay day which is good for him, but there is no way he's not seeing the final bell.

Back