Absolute bottom tier UFC fighters vs untrained athletic males

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Most of the debates about 'untrained athletic males' vs UFC fighters have been against small yet top tier fighters for their divisions such as Mighty Mouse and Ronda Rousey. I would think that both MM and RR could easily beat most untrained males who aren't ridiculously large. But, do you think say a 6' 200 lb athletic male with no training could beat one of the worst female SWs like say Izabela Badurek? What about one of the worst female BWs like Jessamyn Duke, or even whoever the worst male FLW is? Would the 'average athletic male' be favored over any UFC fighter?

Obviously they wluld beat the shit out of a terrible female.

they would lose to any top 100 ranked male.

with 0 mma training? the untrained guys would lose badly. they wouldnt even know what theyre supposed to try to defend. they would get royce'd

if they had 3 months of basic submission defense, it would be very possible

Big muffler, this is a terrible thread.

And if you read the guidelines, really doesn't belong here.

Most of the debates about 'untrained athletic males' vs UFC fighters have been against small yet top tier fighters for their divisions such as Mighty Mouse and Ronda Rousey. I would think that both MM and RR could easily beat most untrained males who aren't ridiculously large. But, do you think say a 6' 200 lb athletic male with no training could beat one of the worst female SWs like say Izabela Badurek? What about one of the worst female BWs like Jessamyn Duke, or even whoever the worst male FLW is? Would the 'average athletic male' be favored over any UFC fighter?

I would beat at least 30 UFC fighters in unarmed combat

Those women would hit a td and break and catch a sub. They'd probably eat some shotty punches in the process.

Most posters grossly overestimate how good an untrained guy is at fighting. Anyone who tries to fight without training is fucking awful at it. I don't care how much you bench or what your 40 time is.

Those women would hit a td and break and catch a sub. They'd probably eat some shotty punches in the process.

Most posters grossly overestimate how good an untrained guy is at fighting. Anyone who tries to fight without training is fucking awful at it. I don't care how much you bench or what your 40 time is.

Somebody i used to work with swears he could beat Faber up and Ronda. I think it hilarious. The guy is 6'2 300lb and probably would gas after 30sec.

Bottom tier UFC fighters are still elite fighters compared to any untrained fighter regardless of how athletic they are.

Grapplers would have a better chance, no low level women fighters or flyweights are gonna stand and bang with 6ft 200 lbs with average streetfighting. 5'4" 140lbs isn't intimidating at all.

Obviously they wluld beat the shit out of a terrible female.

they would lose to any top 100 ranked male.

Top 100? Lmao.

I know guys from local gyms with no pro fights who could fit the bill.

Grapplers would have a better chance, no low level women fighters or flyweights are gonna stand and bang with 6ft 200 lbs with average streetfighting. 5'4" 140lbs isn't intimidating at all.

Yeah one of my first thoughts while making the thread was that terrible 'strikers' whose pride is their striking could lose this.

This whole "untrained athletic" statement is idiotic. Some guys are gym dudes whose jaws I would snap in ten seconds, while others are quick, capable, and know how to hold their own. "Athletic" means nothing because you're still not really identifying a skill set.

quite the opposite. size doesn't matter as much for striking. a 5'10 guy KO'd Hong Man Choi in kickboxing. MM could do serious damage with his speed vs big guys.

We're not talking about skilled guys like MM, we're talking about bottom tier strikers as opposed to bottom tier grapplers (who would still have an 'exotic' skillset to untrained people) lol.

Somebody i used to work with swears he could beat Faber up and Ronda. I think it hilarious. The guy is 6'2 300lb and probably would gas after 30sec.

I'm only an ammy fighter, but between watching world star and sparring new guys, I've got no respect for average athletic dudes in a fight.

I'm only an ammy fighter, but between watching world star and sparring new guys, I've got no respect for average athletic dudes in a fight.

Half that shit on world star is just a bunch a trash sucker punching each other.

quite the opposite. size doesn't matter as much for striking. a 5'10 guy KO'd Hong Man Choi in kickboxing. MM could do serious damage with his speed vs big guys.

There is more to size than height, and at a certain size there are diminishing returns. Plus, my post said specifically low level flyweights, not MM. Err, I'm sorry, what was your post again?
flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

5'3" 145lb is pretty ferocious if that guy is a world class mma fighter. Mouse would embarrass some NFL linebackers in a fight, granted they didn't train or weren't adept at streetfighting.

Last edited:
Bas Rutten said if "you take a guy who is in really good shape with a low skill level against a guy who is in bad shape with a lot of skill, the guy in good shape has a pretty good shot".

I think it's definitely possible.

In fact, it has already happened. James Thompson, when asked how he's been training, he said "I watch a lot of DVDs".

In my first day of BJJ, I decisioned a purple belt and subbed a blue belt with a kimura. I had never seen tried or was taught the technique, I just knew how to do it based off watching guys like Fedor, Randleman, Mir, etc.

Back