about to try Popeye's chicken for the first time

Probably my favorite fast food fried chicken. Hopefully you got both original and spicy.

Same here. Its its drive thru fried chicken then my area has KFC, Church's, Popeye's but Popeye's kicks the other two's ass.

nvr had em. a lot of ppl told me its better than kfc.

since popeyes usually only in poor areas, i cant get em :(

Never liked the chicken......I really don't get what the big deal is with popeyes

Same here. Its its drive thru fried chicken then my area has KFC, Church's, Popeye's but Popeye's kicks the other two's ass.

When I was a kid it seemed like KFC was top dog, but I had it a few years ago and it was brutal. The skin was like mushy.

nvr had em. a lot of ppl told me its better than kfc.

since popeyes usually only in poor areas, i cant get em :(

Queens isn't that far from Long Island; takes me about 30 min to get to East Meadow. There's like 20 Popeyes in like a 10 mile radius around JFK. There's one by Howard beach and a couple in Far Rockaway.

4 spicy strips, mashed potatoes, red beans and rice and a biscuit.

Roll of toilet paper too

Buddy how long does it take you to polish off a 5 piece with some biscuits? Can we get a verdict?

op can't post because he got the 'itis and passed out.

Popeye's is delicious. Maybe its just the Omaha area stores, but I refuse to get their actually chicken (breast, legs, etc) anymore. They've caused me too many uncomfortable shits.

Having said that, their chicken strips have always treated me right. The chicken Po'Boy sandwich is delicious.

Last edited:
Their spicy chicken used to actually be spicy.

They are still good and have a bunch of other crap, like shrimp, crawfish, etc..

I just get the OG Spicy Chicken and dirty rice

Popeye's is delicious. Maybe its just the Omaha area stores, but I refuse to get their actually chicken (breast, legs, etc) anymore. They're caused me too many uncomfortable shits.

Having said that, their chicken strips have always treated me right. The chicken Po'Boy sandwich is delicious.

Bunch of C-level digestive systems ITT.

Buddy how long does it take you to polish off a 5 piece with some biscuits? Can we get a verdict?

Sorry dude, traffic was a bitch and I had a work email that needed to go out.

Verdict - best on the go chicken place I've been to. KFC is a can

I want some biscuits with a large red beans and rice now. KFC just can't compare.

Bojangles, on the other hand...

Back