About Rousey. in 1998, Serena & Venus Williams said they could beat any man ranked

thats not the most surprising thing ive seen (even less related to fighting)...10x(?) men's pool champion mike massey beating 10x(?) women's champ (forgot her name) was on espn one day and she got destroyed. I figured the women were closer in skill, but strength even dominates there (breaking).

Chess has a female league as well. It's not necessarily about strength.

So in tennis, I can't work your backhand if it sucks, or pick on your serve, or come to net if you don't have good passing shots?

Any head to head sport is trying to play your strengths against opponents' weaknesses.

You're more constrained in your style by the rules in most sports besides MMA. There aren't many other sports where one competitor who prefers to 'play' standing up, can play against another who prefers to 'play' rolling around on the ground.

Another insecure male thread poster who wants to make sure everyone knows that "MEN ARE STRONGER THAN WOMEN, YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" :rolleyes:

Jarl

No, it's just response to a ridiculous claim that has somehow caught wind.

Might also be about strength... of competition. Maybe that pool champion would have fared better if she always competed against men.

Here's the real question: would Ronda beat Floyd if she smoked cigarettes, had a few drinks and played golf before?

Might also be about strength... of competition. Maybe that pool champion would have fared better if she always competed against men.

You're fee to compete against anyone in chess, including computers who are stronger opponents than humans can possibly be. This line of thinking doesn't hold water.

Com'on.. You're really selling yourself short here. Because she competes with women, she can't train/prepare/practice/play with men?

Women have already beaten men in grappling which is a much more apt comparison than to sports that more directly pit the competitors' athleticism against each other.

You'd be surprised at how many smaller guys have beaten much bigger guys in straight grappling.
But put those same two guys in the ring or cage under the unified or even better yet, PRIDE rules, and you'd be in for a surprise once again. :wink:

You're fee to compete against anyone in chess, including computers who are stronger opponents than humans can possibly be. This line of thinking doesn't hold water.

But if you can be 'champion' in a weaker division, would you be as motivated to be the very best you can be as those who can't?

thats not the most surprising thing ive seen (even less related to fighting)...10x(?) men's pool champion mike massey beating 10x(?) women's champ (forgot her name) was on espn one day and she got destroyed. I figured the women were closer in skill, but strength even dominates there (breaking).

Saying strength is why he won is pretty ridiculous.

But if you insist on it, men annihilate women in chess. There's just one exception, Judit Polg

Com'on.. You're really selling yourself short here. Because she competes with women, she can't train/prepare/practice/play with men?

She doesn't have to do it for keeps, there's not as much incentive for her to strive to match their level as if she was a man who could only compete in the male league.

Also I'm about to put you on ignore Supernerd cause I'm losing brain cells just by reading your posts addressing me.

maybe, it just surprised me after watching them play their own gender i wouldnt have known the gap was that large (even though we are talking about a small sample size or 1 :icon_conf)

look at the Avatar of the 2 people who commented "wasteland" in the first page.

That comparison doesn't make sense because Floyd doesn't fight in mma. A more accurate comparison would be if the Williams sisters played a male ping pong champion in tennis.

More like badminton, imo.

that's tennis vs. tennis...... not mma vs. boxing. the gap closes when one form of combat is SUPERIOR to the other. ronda wouldn't fare well against the top BW mma fighters, but against the best boxers..... it certainly warrants a discussion.

ronda via armbar rd 1

She doesn't have to do it for keeps, there's not as much incentive for her to strive to match their level as if she was a man who could only compete in the male league.

Women are allowed to play men, and would extremely proud if they could top the best males.

This is horse shit. Women are not as motivated or focused as men when it comes to these things.

Also I'm about to put you on ignore Supernerd cause I'm losing brain cells just by reading your posts addressing me.

Why are you telling me? Did you think I was going to protest or something? Get over yourself dork.

You guys can bitch and piss all you want but this is highly relevant to the biggest fight question of our time.

Back