About Rousey. in 1998, Serena & Venus Williams said they could beat any man ranked

Excellent post, people are absolutely delusional between the proportion between male and female athleticism. It's a ridiculous gap, and it would take an equally ridiculous gap in skill for the woman to have a chance.

Stop comparing MMA with other sports. Women are more likely to beat a man in a fight rather than in a ball sport.

Reggie+Miller+Celebrity+Guests+Visit+VMA+Style+2TyUxIBba5Yl.jpg

Women have already beaten men in grappling which is a much more apt comparison than to sports that more directly pit the competitors' athleticism against each other.

not any who are good.

I can't disagree with this :)

for people arguing that ronda could beat some fighters on the ufc roster, name them.

Did this tennis challenge really happen?

I have never heard of it.

rousey get's ko'd, or knocked on her ass, if any male fighter in the ufc hits her with a jab.

you white knights are morons.

Why do we spend so much time debating something we won't ever see? Let's talk about religion and aliens....

in 1998, Serena and Venus Williams said they could beat any man ranked 200th or worse in a game of tennis. Karsten Braasch, ranked 203th, accepted their challenge and easily beat them, 6-1, 6-2.

Before the matches, Braasch played a round of golf in the morning, drank a couple of beers, smoked a few cigarettes, and then played the Williams sisters for a set each, one after the other.

If you think Ronda could beat a ranked fighter in a sport where strength is even more important than in Tennis, you're delusional.

That comparison doesn't make sense because Floyd doesn't fight in mma. A more accurate comparison would be if the Williams sisters played a male ping pong champion in tennis.

But Joe Rogan says she would beat Floyd. Therefore, she would beat Floyd.

Did this tennis challenge really happen?

I have never heard of it.

Unofficially, of course the sisters wouldn't brag about such a thing. A competitive male tennis player beats any woman. Bottom line.

1998? Where were the Williams sisters ranked back then? Fringe top 20?

thats not the most surprising thing ive seen (even less related to fighting)...10x(?) men's pool champion mike massey beating 10x(?) women's champ (forgot her name) was on espn one day and she got destroyed. I figured the women were closer in skill, but strength even dominates there (breaking).

In most sports you pit your strengths against your opponent's strengths, in MMA you can pit your strengths against their weaknesses.

So in tennis, I can't work your backhand if it sucks, or pick on your serve, or come to net if you don't have good passing shots?

Any head to head sport is trying to play your strengths against opponents' weaknesses.

Back