About CANelo and GBP suing Dazn

That's not how contracts work unless there are clauses for stuff like that.
How much of his pay is the gate????
Well $27 million was the gate figure from Canelo vs Mayweather. So say Canelo takes 40% that's $11 million. Not pocket change. And it's not just gate is it? It's the bars being able to show it which gives PPV's. Everything is affected. I don't know what your bars are restricted to other there but in the UK they have to shut before 10, so they wouldn't be able to show the big fights. Any way you look at it there is less money to be made during Covid. Other athletes accept this but Canelo should be excluded?

Last edited:
Full disposal = its theirs. They figured it out and made it happened. They would of bought it if need be dont be an ass hat
If I lend a friend of mine my ride for a a couple of days does that mean it's his, no...
If I rent an apartment in a 20 story building, does that mean I own the whole building? No...

Quit beating around the bush, all I was refuting from you is that "they bought it", and then you pretended that's a conspiracy theory I made up, then I gave an article that it's a publicly available known fact.

Stop over-complicating everything. They are just renting a small portion in the island, they cannot use any of the land Ferrari actually owns there, along with the other companies that rent and buy parts of the island.

You are either trolling or responding with out reading the whole post.

How dare someone want to be paid whats in their contract and not waste the prime of his career with freak show fights.
So then why didn’t he stick around at 175? Also, is there source that both BJS and Smith turned down to fight Canelo?

If I lend a friend of mine my ride for a a couple of days does that mean it's his, no...
If I rent an apartment in a 20 story building, does that mean I own the whole building? No...

Quit beating around the bush, all I was refuting from you is that "they bought it", and then you pretended that's a conspiracy theory I made up, then I gave an article that it's a publicly available known fact.

Stop over-complicating everything. They are just renting a small portion in the island, they cannot use any of the land Ferrari actually owns there, along with the other companies that rent and buy parts of the island.

You are either trolling or responding with out reading the whole post.
No its called sticking to the point. They were going to buy something plans had been in the works for something like this pre-covid.
They didn't have to and they have the perfect setup. Semantics. Calm down.

Well $27 million was the gate figure from Canelo vs Mayweather. So say Canelo takes 40% that's $11 million. Not pocket change. And it's not just gate is it? It's the bars being able to show it which gives PPV's. Everything is affected. I don't know what your bars are restricted to other there but in the UK they have to shut before 10, so they wouldn't be able to show the big fights. Any way you look at it there is less money to be made during Covid. Other athletes accept this but Canelo should be excluded?
What other TOP athletes with contracts are currently getting paid less?

What other TOP athletes with contracts are currently getting paid less?
Messi took a 70% pay cut. Lomachenko took a big pay hit too. I don't get why you are defending the guy, I really don't. Lots of people are taking a pay hit because of this virus and if you are in the entertainment business then you should expect it.

Messi took a 70% pay cut. Lomachenko took a big pay hit too. I don't get why you are defending the guy, I really don't. Lots of people are taking a pay hit because of this virus and if you are in the entertainment business then you should expect it.
Who said I was defending him. By asking legit questions???? I dont get the jumping to conclusions.
I see both sides. I think Canelo has merit but so does compromising and helping the brand.
However, I do remember hearing they just spent billions on soccer or something like that. I think if you have the money to spend on other endeavors you can't poor mouth...

No its called sticking to the point. They were going to buy something plans had been in the works for something like this pre-covid.
They didn't have to and they have the perfect setup. Semantics. Calm down.
Actually the plan was even dumber than that.
Dana actually said on record he was planning on "building" the island. lol

When us normal mortals are hoping we won't get made redundant then yeah it's a bit of a ball breaker when you see prima donna athletes demanding $35 million even though there is no audience, whilst plenty of other top flight athletes have rightly taken pay cuts.
First mistake is to ever think any of our situations are relatable to top notch athletes.

But who are these others taking pay cuts?

Also, what other fighters are being asked to waste their prime on trash mma matchups?

Apparently DAZN contract with GBP has a force majeure clause and right to final or a least veto on opponents.

the compromise contract has a pool of 30ish fighters worth $20mio min

First mistake is to ever think any of our situations are relatable to top notch athletes.

But who are these others taking pay cuts?

Also, what other fighters are being asked to waste their prime on trash mma matchups?
Lots of European footballers are taking pay cuts for the season

Lots of European footballers are taking pay cuts for the season
Which is why I keep asking, where does Joshua fall in all of this?? Is dazn going to re negotiate his pay too?

Which is why I keep asking, where does Joshua fall in all of this?? Is dazn going to re negotiate his pay too?
DAZN have a $1bio deal with matchroom and AJ has contract with them until nov 2021. Not heard anything about the matchroom deal being renegotiated.

How much is canelo deal being renegotiated vs clarified it seems a mess with GBP

Are other pro athletes getting less?
The UFC seems to be honoring their contracts with no live gates. Heck they bought an island just so they could put on regular shows as fast and as frequent as possible.
CLENelo is making more in one fight (even pay cut) then all the fighters on one ufc card.

They wanted to give him half because he wanted to fight another pushover - and the contract said something about at least one marquee fight per year.

No because his contract is with matchroom not DAZN and he is happy with them unlike canelo and GBP
So Johsua doesnt have an exclusive contract with dazn like Canelo?

Is Joshua vs Pulev even going to be on dazn?? I haven’t heard anything about it being on dazn, so I’m guessing Joshua doesnt have a contract with dazn.

Back