About 35 years ago I read a quote that sort of changed my life.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was an interview with Lemmy. He said, "I was born stint, and no doubt I will die stint. Those lawyers can take all my money but they can never take that hour on stage I have had all over the world."

And as a kid, it sort of hit me. Don't waste your life. Take advantage of everything and experience all you can. And that is pretty much what I have done. Now in my 50's, I feel pretty decent about the life I have had so far.

I have a big house in the middle of the woods with a new truck and a bunch of healthy good looking kids and grandkids. My wife adores me. I think I got to where I wanted to be.

And the white whale. I have never found this interview on the net. It has vanished with time.

It was an interview with Lemmy. He said, "I was born stint, and no doubt I will die stint. Those lawyers can take all my money but they can never take that hour on stage I have had all over the world."

And as a kid, it sort of hit me. Don't waste your life. Take advantage of everything and experience all you can. And that is pretty much what I have done. Now in my 50's, I feel pretty decent about the life I have had so far.

I have a big house in the middle of the woods with a new truck and a bunch of healthy good looking kids and grandkids. My wife adores me. I think I got to where I wanted to be.

And the white whale. I have never found this interview on the net. It has vanished with time.
50 eh man?
Thats cool dude. Im glad you feel content with your life. I'm in my late 20s and I am just starting to realize that age is going to catch me eventually. In my head ill always be young, but now when I see old people (70 plus) I realize that once they were my age to and soon ill be their age. Time is flying by today and 10 years old seems like yesterday and my late 20s will feel like yesterday too when im 70. Anyways, yeah man. We need to get out there and live.. this shit is only once.

Any advice old man? ( kidding about the old part)

That would be "born skint", not stint.

Who the fuck is Lemmy?
50 eh man?
Thats cool dude. Im glad you feel content with your life. I'm in my late 20s and I am just starting to realize that age is going to catch me eventually. In my head ill always be young, but now when I see old people (70 plus) I realize that once they were my age to and soon ill be their age. Time is flying by today and 10 years old seems like yesterday and my late 20s will feel like yesterday too when im 70. Anyways, yeah man. We need to get out there and live.. this shit is only once.

Any advice old man? ( kidding about the old part)
Step one. Get married to someone that you love and can build a life with.

Step one is a lot harder than it seems.

RIP Lemmy

b5ba2fff75f6ab2fcb0ba09f41860a8f.jpg

Did that interview from (rolling stone I’m assuming) actually affect you at such a young age? If so, that’s impressive as most teenagers cant see past the end of their nose, young me included.
It took me until I was a dad in my 30s to start to reflect back on the wisdom I’d been bestowed in the past and begin to apply it.

Step one. Get married to someone that you love and can build a life with.

Step one is a lot harder than it seems.

Can confirm step 1 is the crux of it all.

Step two is always make changes in yourself to better suit her. If she does the same you're off to the races.

Do you ever wonder if the only reason family and wealth seem fulfilling, is because your brain chemistry just released endorphins, and it is all in reality meaningless?

That basically, you are a healthy drug addict, chained by evolutionary brain chemistry?

Take advantage of everything and experience all you can. And that is pretty much what I have done.

Is this really not something you wouldn't figure out on your own without hearing someone else say it?

Cool stuff mate. I’m also in my 50’s, and my wife and I have been together for 31 years. Happy at home and at work, so I can’t ask for anything more.

One of my early inspiration was a high school teacher who said not to live our lives as passengers or victims. Take the driver seat, take responsibility for your actions and don”t try to blame people or events for every bad thing that happens to you. Face the bad head on, and move on.

Back