Social Abortion story - thing we didnt know

It's funny because my wife was bitching about the abortion laws here in Texas. So I let her finish her rant and then I said "So are you ready to move out of this state then?". She looked at me and said "You wont move..". I said "Sure I will. I have a great job in IT and I can easily find one in any other state. Lets move out if it means that much to you. We can go to Colorado".

She backtracked quickly and let the issue go. If all these liberals really have an issue with the abortion laws the best way to solve it is just to leave the state.
we have plenty of tech jobs here in Cali too

and property taxes are lower too!

No worries at all :)
I think the Constitution has an answer as to when it’s a person with constitutional protections. I believe Roe is essentially correct, and that personhood develops over the course of the pregnancy. As that develops, the mother’s rights lose precedence and the fetus’s rights slowly begin to take precedence. But within that timeframe that the mother’s rights supersede, the mother has choice.

To be perfectly frank with you I’m one of those males that is happy that I never have to make that decision as a female. I had a daughter when I was very young. Neither I nor the mother were in any position to raise a child. We gave the child up for adoption just after birth and I’m grateful every day that somewhere that kid is living her life.

Not envying any guy politician that has to pick a side about now

Man you sound like a fucking asshole.

These stories happen. It’s rare, but it absolutely happens.
I question how rare they are, because babies in question are aborted.

how often are the runts kept?

how do you even get this wrong, was thinking DNA testing was bulletproof? and then I seen it happen to my SIL. BTW, there are a lot of older, desperate women, that would take these chances, and I know at least a dozen of them that would keep a kid with major flaw, simply because they want kids so badly. unfortunately, you wait too long, your shit dries up.

My sister had the same thing. They didn't say it was downs, but said it was high risk of a birth defect and recommended an abortion. She told them to fuck off and my niece is a completely healthy 5th grader.

To be perfectly frank with you I’m one of those males that is happy that I never have to make that decision as a female. I had a daughter when I was very young. Neither I nor the mother were in any position to raise a child. We gave the child up for adoption just after birth and I’m grateful every day that somewhere that kid is living her life.

Not envying any guy politician that has to pick a side about now
I don’t envy anyone that has to make decisions like that whether they’re a politician or not. Those are hard decisions, and I commend you for doing what you thought was right. You have a right to feel pride in that.

Or has a 3rd world doctor. But looking at his rambling posts probably made up.

I have 0 reason to invent a story like this.

I told you how things went. You dont have to believe me. But this is what happened...

This was a shocker to us, it all ended great, but heres the story short:
  • A good friend of mine got pregnant with her husband.
  • Doctors said child is gonna have problems - it showed on all tests they did, birth is going to be a risk for both mother and child, and child is definetly going to have anomalies - its a "risk pregnancy" and complications are bound to happen.
  • They finally decide to have an abortion - but now its too late, they cant find a doctor willing to do it in Croatia, they have to go to Slovenia. Things get complicated and she eventually gives birth here
  • Child born is ABSOLUTELY FINE. Perfect young boy, healthy, not a single problem
  • Doctors explained that their test, like every other tests, cannot be 100% accurate
  • Doctors also explained that in last week of pregnancy its known that womans body does the final adjustions and solves alot of potential problems with the child, adding that many of todays "problems" are a product of modern medicine being able to detect stuff.

So now were happy, celebrated, lil Leo is now 2 months old still shows no problems and smiles alot :)

I had no idea this could happen, but they talked to doctors after and found out its not that uncommon ( turns out exact thing happend to other couple they know ) with alot of problems child is supposed to have based on tests done during pregnancy, that they "solve themselves" in the last days of pregnancy. Also noted alot of todays "problems" are a product of modern medicine being able to detect such "abnormal" things.

Anyway, thats the story, just to put things in perspective. We were all shocked, none of us know this could even be a possibility.

Cheers!

That's not how genetic tests work, they're 100% minus the chance of fraud or mixing tests up at the lab through gross malpractice--which is easily avoided by getting multiple opinions.

The whole "adjustments' thing is complete bs. There's nothing a mother can do to change the genetics of a child after it's been conceived.

I have 0 reason to invent a story like this.

I told you how things went. You dont have to believe me. But this is what happened...
I was talking about another poster, not you. Sorry if that wasn't clear

Are you suggesting a man should have the right to say they want the pregnancy ended and absolve himself from any responsibility for its upbringing?
I'm saying the man gets no choice in whether the baby is delivered or aborted but if it's delivered, he's forced into a lifelong financial commitment.

You believe that's fair?

I'm saying the man gets no choice in whether the baby is delivered or aborted but if it's delivered, he's forced into a lifelong financial commitment.

You believe that's fair?
Yep
He coulda chose not to ejaculate into a woman.

I’m sure you’ve seen the story of the supposed 10 year old girl from Ohio who was raped and is pregnant. (I say “supposed” because I’m not sure if it’s been independently verified. But even if it hasn’t, the situation described is relevant and realistic.). Who chooses for her? It’s certainly not her, and certainly not her parents. Reportedly she’s trying to get to Indiana before they call a special session on July 25 and ban abortions there. That would case where a girl wasn’t irresponsible, and not only doesn’t want to carry that child but could face health issues giving birth to it. What the GOP is doing is having the government step in and say “tough luck, kid. You do with your life and body what we tell you to do.” That’s factually what the anti-abortion argument is and does. It takes freedom of bodily autonomy away from the individual, and vests it in the government instead.

Yikes!

There are also laws on the books that say that a 10-year-old cannot legally consent to have sex.

This also takes freedom of bodily autonomy away from the individual and vests it in the government, does it not?

If a fetus isn’t a person in the constitutional sense until birth, there are no explicit due process protections until birth

Double-Yikes!

People are charged and convicted for double homicides all the time for the killing of a pregnant woman.

Why is that?

There isn't anything in the Constitution about the unborn.

Under what authority does LEO use to charge someone with homicide for killing a clump of cells?

Last edited:
The happy ending stories are just the best, aren’t they? Never happy ending stories.

The stories of wrong diagnosis’ ending up with mutilating surgery - especially in breast cancer, are endless.

Botched back surgeries that never had to happen leading to lifetime dependance on pain meds are quite common here in the US.

The World's most extreme Abortion legislation has been passed in NZ. And it is horrific, imo.
The NZ PM is a very nasty person. You can now even abort a baby if it is the 'wrong' sex! We in the West used to criticize the likes of India and China for doing this.

https://weliveinamadworld.com/the-w...n-legislation-has-been-passed-in-new-zealand/
Simple compromise
We get to do wwe finishers on the “clumps of cells”
Nobody should have any issue with us delivered a stunner or tombstone on these non people

Congrats to them! I’m genuinely happy for them.

With any sort of medical tests, the doctors provide the best information they can, and the patient needs to decide what course of action is right for them, based on th information they have.

And they should have the freedom to do so.

I agree fully with you on this.

How has the definition of personhood changed since the 14th was ratified?

And the constitutional issue of personhood is what this whole issue hinges upon. That’s the main constitutional issue of abortion, and it’s the thing that would prevent the scenario you mentioned. It’s not a small matter.

On this point, I think it's worth noting that you are on an international forum and the OP for this particular thread relates an incident that happened in Croatia.

Abortion is a tricky issue, fraught with contradiction and moral dilemmas. I'm not sure why everyone always seems so determined to find a quick way to sidestep these complexities every time someone raises a point that may problematize our own individual perspectives.

Edit: Sorry. Saw this on the front page and didn't realize the thread or your posts were from this far back. Feel free to ignore. (Like I said, I agree with you're overall sentiment, and reading further you've certainly engaged plenty and in good faith throughout.)

Last edited:
Back