Social Abortion story - thing we didnt know

Because it “quite literally” isn’t.
Eugenics is planned breeding with an end goal of “improving” certain inheritable characteristics.
No such plan is occurring here, no selective breeding in terms of partner/mate is occurring here. No one forcing these two hypothetical people to have offspring, and no one is banning these hypothetical people from having more offspring. A person or couple is exercising a choice in bodily autonomy as a reaction to a certain situation, based on the best direction and information that medical professionals can give them. Whatever the issue with the pregnancy, there’s no guarantee it won’t happen again next time they have a pregnancy. And no one is forcing them to do that or forcing them not to do that.

Btw, I object to a vague phrase like “quality of life will be poor,” as a characterization of my constitutional pro choice arguments.

But hey, thanks for the tag. You’re 0-2 against me today, want to keep trying?

edit: wanted to edit to add that the late term exceptions we had in place were because of danger to the fetus or mother’s life. Not something vague like “quality of life will be poor.”
Didn’t read very far but the beginning of your post reads like someone trying to convince themselves that they’re not an immoral cnut.

So he was raped? Could have kept it in his pants no?

So they both made the choice to have sex. But after that every decision is hers and he gets zero say? Including whether he pays huge amounts of $ for the upbringing? And that's cool by you?

Didn’t read very far but the beginning of your post reads like someone trying to convince themselves that they’re not an immoral cnut.
We both know you read it all but don’t have a clue how to answer back. Well, read this:
Please stop trying to force your personal morals, or the morals of your religion, on to other people.

Plenty of people don’t think abortion is immoral. In a country with the personal liberties we have, some people are bound to use them in ways you disagree with.
Get over it.

We both know you read it all but don’t have a clue how to answer back. Well, read this:
Please stop trying to force your personal morals, or the morals of your religion, on to other people.

Plenty of people don’t think abortion is immoral. In a country with the personal liberties we have, some people are bound to use them in ways you disagree with.
Get over it.
Didn’t read very far. Sorry if that offends you. Please keep supporting the murder of unborn babies. It suits you. All the best.

Didn’t read very far. Sorry if that offends you. Please keep supporting the murder of unborn babies. It suits you. All the best.
That’s ok. Good luck learning how to read! Without that skill you may have a “poor quality of life.”

That’s ok. Good luck learning how to read! Without that skill you may have a “poor quality of life.”
Good luck in the afterlife!

ETA got your edit.

So they both made the choice to have sex. But after that every decision is hers and he gets zero say? Including whether he pays huge amounts of $ for the upbringing? And that's cool by you?
Are you suggesting a man should have the right to say they want the pregnancy ended and absolve himself from any responsibility for its upbringing?

Can any pro-abortion people tell me when life begins exactly? I don’t have a strong stance on the subject btw.

Can any pro-abortion people tell me when life begins exactly? I don’t have a strong stance on the subject btw.
What’s up, man? I am a liberal that supports the right to choose, and I’ll answer your question.

The issue isn’t when life begins—sperm is alive, for example, and you can spank off into a toilet and flush that shit as much as you want and no one cares. The issue is a Constitutional one.
The Due Process Clause says, “No person may be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.” (Underline is mine.) So the issue is when personhood begins. Is a fetus a person, in the sense that the Constitution means it, or not? If it is, abortion is unconstitutional. You couldn’t just take its life because you choose to. If it isn’t, I and many others would argue that the government can’t take away a woman’s liberty to make that decision without due process. After all, we know that she is a person in the constitutional sense. Does that help at all?

What’s up, man? I am a liberal that supports the right to choose, and I’ll answer your question.

The issue isn’t when life begins—sperm is alive, for example, and you can spank off into a toilet and flush that shit as much as you want and no one cares. The issue is a Constitutional one.
The Due Process Clause says, “No person may be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.” (Underline is mine.) So the issue is when personhood begins. Is a fetus a person, in the sense that the Constitution means it, or not? If it is, abortion is unconstitutional. You couldn’t just take its life because you choose to. If it isn’t, I and many others would argue that the government can’t take away a woman’s liberty to make that decision without due process. After all, we know that she is a person in the constitutional sense. Does that help at all?

Ehh… not really. I think you know what I was asking, but kinda danced around the question. It’s all good though… thanks for the reply and for keeping it civil!

Ehh… not really. I think you know what I was asking, but kinda danced around the question. It’s all good though… thanks for the reply and for keeping it civil!
No worries.

But I’m not dancing, at all. That’s literally the issue. Your question is leading to the debate on abortion vs murder. But at conception, it’s a clump of cells. Is it life? Sure.
Murder? No. You can do things that kill clumps of cells and not be arrested for murder.

maybe. They're (the blood test) inaccurate as fuck for anything outside down syndrome. Its been written about and ive heard too many anecdotes.

Also i got your link. It was Iceland and i would say the article is pretty balanced not a celebration. What can i say i smoke weed and get a little hyperbolic. Still disturbing stuff
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/down-syndrome-iceland/
I don't think you know how blood tests work

I’m seriously asking because I want to understand here. The mother should choose when it is a person?

I’m seriously asking because I want to understand here. The should choose when it is a person?
Sorry, could you rephrase? I’m not understanding the question.

Sorry, could you rephrase? I’m not understanding the question.

My apologies. My question is, should the mother choose when the fetus/baby/collection of cells, is a “life”?

And that boy grew up to be Tim Tebow.
I’m not religious really
But damn;

Tebow is one hell of a dude

I wish he was my dad

I can’t imagine having a positive view everyday of life. Guy is a legend.

My apologies. My question is, should the mother choose when the fetus/baby/collection of cells, is a “life”?
No worries at all :)
I think the Constitution has an answer as to when it’s a person with constitutional protections. I believe Roe is essentially correct, and that personhood develops over the course of the pregnancy. As that develops, the mother’s rights lose precedence and the fetus’s rights slowly begin to take precedence. But within that timeframe that the mother’s rights supersede, the mother has choice.

Back