Abmar Barbosa

Thank you to the guys at Submission Control for helping us get started.
To answer some questions:

1) Yes, Abmar is insane with his sweeps. I've been in BJJ for about 11 years now and thought I had a lot if moves in my bag of tricks, but after this shoot... I know nothing about BJJ. His approach to sweeps is amazing! Gracie mag last month featured prominent BJJ players and their views about sweeps

DVDs were just drop in the mail for manufacturing today!

Remember, with every purchase made before 12/1/2010, you will receive the following
--- Over 6 hours of the most innovative Jiu Jitsu you will ever learn
--- Save over 15% off the future price
--- Free Shipping
--- Autographed copy of the DVD

Abmar Barbosa Jiu-Jitsu Outlaw DVD Series : Digitsu, Martial Arts Instruction Digitized

8TDXEj

The guys at Digitsu.com pre-released a clip of the Barbosa guard to us!

For those who signed up for our last contest, check your emails.

I'm actually really interested in this. I've always wanted to up my spider guard game.

I'm actually really interested in this. I've always wanted to up my spider guard game.

Yeah the guys @ Digitsu game me an advanced copy of the dvd set. The spider guard set is very interesting and practical. I

This look awesome to me, I just sent the link to my gf for christmas idea. I hope she order it :p

UPS guy just dropped the DVDs to our warehouse!

It

So as you guys may have noticed, Abmar did not compete in the Pans this year. He had to go back to Brazil to take care of some issues. Look for Abmar to compete in the upcoming Mundials. Below are some reviews of the DVD set...

You can buy the set @
Abmar Barbosa Jiu-Jitsu Outlaw DVD Series : Digitsu, Martial Arts Instruction Digitized

Author: JohnnyBoy
Ok, I loved this set. Some unique gi attacks you probably haven't seen before. Also, everything is taught just right. Good detail and you get all the key points and pressures and tons of angles of Abmar doing the move. At the same time he doesn't go on and on. The best part about this set is it is not overlapped with every other set out there. Very well done. Probably not for beginners but excellent for the more experienced guys

Author: Jay Pages
One of the best out there so far! I agree with JohnnyBoy! I like how the information doesn't overlap with other instructional videos. I like the details and the various angles. Nice and different approach. Good change to the current information out there!

Author: Sean Davis
I met Abmar a few years back at a Robert Drysdale Seminar here in Massachusetts and I had a chance to roll with him afterwards; his BJJ is top notch! Therefore, once I saw this DVD set, I had to have it. Lucky for me, my wife picked this up for me as a birthday present.
I would highly recommend this DVD set for those who want to (or currently) play spider guard and DLR guard. I own many instructionals and I do a lot of research online (youtube LOL) on these two guards… I can say that the moves in the DVD set are really unique.
The close guard dvd is very good too. Abmar’s close guard game is very active. In this disc, he shows a lot of sneaky sweeps and submissions.
I have not gone through the guard passing DVD yet.
As for the filming, (like the two reviewers above me said) the approach that Digitsu took to film this is great. They provided a lot of different angles and replays at various speeds.
This set may not be suited for beginners because of Abmar’s unique game, so if you are looking for fundamentals (things “like how to do a straight armlock for the close guard”) this dvd set may not be the best for you. But if you are looking to improve upon your current game, I highly recommend this set.
Source: Budovideos.com - Jiu-Jitsu Outlaw 4 DVD Set with Abmar Barbosa

Last edited:
Back