Abel Trujilo

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do you see this guy being a contender some day or is he just another fighter?

He is special.
He has plead guilty 2x for beating his wife/mother of his children

Not until he gets his cardio issue sorted or goes up to WW.

I think he's a solid gatekeeper with contender potential, but has too many flaws. He's the Anthony Johnson of LW

Aside from having a top ten mean mug I don't see him make waves

He's fun to watch (his fight with Varner was awesome), but he won't win any UFC titles.

Won't get very far, but his fights are almost guaranteed to be fun, so Godspeed to him.

Just another fighter.
Massive punching power, though, so his fights are always exciting...shame about him as a person. I'll never root for him but his fights deliver.

I like Abel, but I think Khabib answered how far he can go and that answer is not very. He's good, but not elite. Abel is fun to watch and physically gifted for sure. He still has time to improve.

UFC is wildly unstructured with their conduct/drug policy. He shouldn't be in the UFC. Daley punches Kos after the bell. Trujillo punches women after the event. Which is worse? Who is in the UFC?

Also he is just another fighter. Although he does seem to have room to improve. Maybe hang in top 20-30 for awhile with a spike or two into the top 15. Maybe.

Just another fighter. He's at a good camp and he's got some athleticism so he'll hang in the UFC for a while but I don't see him doing much as far as the elite level.

I don't see him beating anyone in the UFC's top 15 and some guys outside of that beat him.

Like Marcus Levasseur? 4x HS State Champ, undefeated in college wrestling?

Cody McKenzie choked him out quickly. Credentials don't always make a good MMA fighter, Levesseur was not UFC material.

That was a cool fight though, Abel really pummeled him.

no, like Khabib Nurmagomedov.

a guy who's actually a good grappler in MMA, not just wrestling.

Did you see Levasseur's other UFC fights or any of his others? He was not a good wrestler in MMA. I don't think Abel's weakness is particularly wrestlers though. There are plenty of strikers and submission fighters who can beat him as well. Anyone who can take him into deep water likely wins.

Did you see Levasseur's other UFC fights or any of his others? He was not a good wrestler in MMA. I don't think Abel's weakness is particularly wrestlers though. There are plenty of strikers and submission fighters who can beat him as well. Anyone who can take him into deep water likely wins.

Like Varner did? I think you're selling Trujillo short.

always thought he had potential but he carries too much muscle and his cardio is suffering, plus grappling needs to improve.

Back