Abel Trujillos loss to Tibau overturned to WIN rather than NO contest

I don't have a problem with this.

Let's say Tibau knocked Abel out with a steel pipe. Wouldn't Tibau had lost via DQ? Even if Abel was KTFO?

I support every possible negative thing to the PED user and every possible positive thing for his/her opponent.

This means Brock beat Reem and Diaz beat Anderson.

Funny how so many good fighters got robbed and nothing overturned yet this non deserving woman beating douche gets a win. great.

Perfectly logical if you look at other sports.

In say the 100m, Fred finishes 1st and wins gold, Tom finishes second and wins silver, and George wins the bronze.

if Fred tests positive, hes DQ'd and Tom is declared the gold medal winne...

No different here. Tibau came first, Trujillo 2nd, but then Tibau disqualified so Abel wins courtesy of disqualification

Part of NSAC's (Nevada State Athletic Commission) harsher penalties is to give a L to the cheater. Just from a purely logistic standpoint, if one guy loses than the other guy wins. Imagine having a fight recorded as a NC for one participant and a L for the other. It's easier to have a winner and loser.

NSAC dramatically changed their penalties/punishments in an attempt (and it will work) to deter drug usage. One part of that strategy is to hurt the cheater, not only by suspending them but also by hurting them financially (fine) and their fight record (fight becomes a L).

Yeah, I think this is the line of thinking that CABMMA used. They wanted to give Tibau a L, so they thought it would be more logical to give the other guy a win. It's kinda like a DQ loss that happens afterwards.
The happy part is at least the commission isn't cutting brazilians any slack, which gives them credibility.

Not sure what to think about it...

Yeah, I think this is the line of thinking that CABMMA used. They wanted to give Tibau a L, so they thought it would be more logical to give the other guy a win. It's kinda like a DQ loss that happens afterwards.
The happy part is at least the commission isn't cutting brazilians any slack, which gives them credibility.

CABMMA has caught 2 Shooto Brazil champs in the last couple months, both got 2 years.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/4...il-champion-fails-drug-test-stripped-of-title
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/...ive-for-banned-substances-at-shooto-brazil-56

They're also using WADA labs, even when it's not part of the UFC/USADA agreement. They're not testing everyone, and AFAIK, they aren't doing random tests, but they don't fuck around anymore when they do catch you.

I always knew Nick beat Anderson. This just confirms it.

Wat8.jpg

I think it is a fair way to do it. Jon Jones would have never lost to Matt Hamill but did officially lose to Matt Hamill because of a violation. Why shouldn't the fighter who didn't cheat get the win and also get the winner's money as well? The honest guy deserves to be rewarded in this case.

Alright this new precedent means Brock beat Overeem now.

(Hunt watches developments closesly).

lol, once more they prove their quality

That's retarded. He didn't win. Even if Tibau did test positive abel still didn't win.

Should Wes Simms have been awarded the win against Frank Mir. He knocked out Mir after all.

I like it ... Tibau cheated, its a dq, now abel can get his win bonus ...why dont people like this?

Back