Abel Trujillos loss to Tibau overturned to WIN rather than NO contest

Seems fair to me, 'bout like a win by disqualification via a foul. I think juicing is as bad as repeated groin shots, ethically and maybe physically, who knows.
This is true. Plus, it was a bullshit stoppage

I feel like mark hunt should have got the win over bigfoot, in their first match, when bigfoot failed his test.

How does a draw turn to a nc when one of the fighters cheats? How is that fair to the other fighter?

"lol" that's a mobile link, kid lol

oka.gif

I feel like mark hunt should have got the win over bigfoot, in their first match, when bigfoot failed his test.

How does a draw turn to a nc when one of the fighters cheats? How is that fair to the other fighter?
Came to post this.
Same with Overeem over Brock.

Also, by this model, Vitor Belfort
would have Shannon Ritch's record.

Well Bigfoot should've won that fight on the scorecards anyway.

Everyone knows that last round being called a 10-8 is complete horse shit

I disagree with giving someone a win that didn't win.

I'd much rather see no contest and if the guy that won popped, his win money goes to the loser.

His first call will be from Dana wanting his 'win' money back

anyone who tests positive should always get a loss for that fight. if the opponent ends up losing, i think it should be a NC on their record, and if they win, the sustain the W.

Imagine having a fight recorded as a NC for one participant and a L for the other. It's easier to have a winner and loser.
i dont see what's easier about it.

His first call will be from Dana wanting his 'win' money back
Are there really people who thought it wouldn't be?? Seriously, his manager was on the phone the minute he found out if he's worth his salt.

Part of NSAC's (Nevada State Athletic Commission) harsher penalties is to give a L to the cheater. Just from a purely logistic standpoint, if one guy loses than the other guy wins. Imagine having a fight recorded as a NC for one participant and a L for the other. It's easier to have a winner and loser.

NSAC dramatically changed their penalties/punishments in an attempt (and it will work) to deter drug usage. One part of that strategy is to hurt the cheater, not only by suspending them but also by hurting them financially (fine) and their fight record (fight becomes a L).
I'd prefer to have one fighter losing and the other still not winning than rewriting history like that.

So Trujillo will win by DQ? Fascinating.

Ya, cheater should get an L. If the guy who lost test clean and he lost he should get a NC. Trujillo didn't win.

looked like he faked going limp and Steve called it, not sure what exact strategy he was implementing...but it failed

Abel had turned into the choke, was out of danger for the sub, and was about to prepare to defend Tibau's mount as that was the next transition. I do think that Trujillo would have eventually been submitted but there it was a bad stoppage and ignorant of the ref. Similar to the Leandro/Dober non guillotine.

Back