Abel Trujillo x Rustam Khabilov.

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Any news on these guys?

Both fighters fight in the LW division and both put on some of the most memorable debuts I've seen to date.

Abel Trujillo stuffed every one of the undefeated 155-0 Div. III wrestler Marcus LeVesseur's takedowns and made him pay for it w/ some massacre like shots that eventually destroyed the Div. III champ and left an exciting new fighter prospect under the wings of the UFC's endlessly stacked LW division.

Rustam Khabilov comes in virtually unknown and takes out Vinc Pichel in spectacular fashion. Suplex after suplex, this guy looked like an animal fighting a few weeks after Trujillo's awesome debut. Fighting outta the well respected camp that is Greg Jacksons, I'm hoping Jackson can sharpen his tools and throw him into immediate contendership soon.

Who would you like these two to fight next?

Great matchup but I would not want it right now.
I think the Trujillo takes it, but I've only seen each of them fight once, so I don't really know.

Pretty sure abel is busy using his wife to pad his record.

Rustam would absolutely kill him, he's on another level

I wasn't implying for them to fight...well not just yet.

But I'm wondering if anybody knows what's going on with them? I'm interested for their returns.

There's more than enough TUFfers to let them beat up on the undercards for a while lol. Take your pick lol. 155 is so easy to find an opponent at. If either one can win his next couple fights in as impressive fashion as his debut, let them start fighting perennial gatekeepers like Tibau or Bocek. We'll see where things go from there.

But yeah, i don't want them to fight each other. It would be cool if like four years from now, one was a champ and the other came for the belt. I like those kind of storylines in pro wrestling. It would be cool to see parallel careers converge in MMA.

There's more than enough TUFfers to let them beat up on the undercards for a while lol. Take your pick lol. 155 is so easy to find an opponent at. If either one can win his next couple fights in as impressive fashion as his debut, let them start fighting perennial gatekeepers like Tibau or Bocek. We'll see where things go from there.

But yeah, i don't want them to fight each other. It would be cool if like four years from now, one was a champ and the other came for the belt. I like those kind of storylines in pro wrestling. It would be cool to see parallel careers converge in MMA.

I agree with the story line part haha.

Especially something like JDS vs. Cain & how they're 1 - 1 with each other.

Or Benson losing the WEC title to Pettis in the last ever WEC, goes on a tear and ends up being the current LW champ while Pettis had a minor setback & is now in talks of getting his rematch w/ Benson lol.

I agree with the story line part haha.

Especially something like JDS vs. Cain & how they're 1 - 1 with each other.

Or Benson losing the WEC title to Pettis in the last ever WEC, goes on a tear and ends up being the current LW champ while Pettis had a minor setback & is now in talks of getting his rematch w/ Benson lol.

Hendricks and ellenberger about to fight for the number one contendership. The way they've both been busting people up left and right minus Berg's tiny hiccup with Kamp. Plus the way they both lost to Story lol.

Yeah, fun stuff. For how much people bash pro wrestling's influence on MMA, it's surprising how much people have to learn.

And plus, as Khabilov and his hat trick demonstrated, a few big bumps in a fight are just as nice as they are in a match.

And you thought Abel Trujillo was a bad husband lol... RIP Crippler.

Both of these dudes are beast. Can't wait to see theirs next fights. LW just has so many badass fighters.

Have any of you even read the opening post?

Both are good looking prospects. Abel is 29 which is a buzzkill for sure. They shouldn't fight each other now, I'd rather see them get built up.

Back