Media Abdulmanap: Islam Makhachev Will Get A Fight Soon. It's Diego Ferreira

A guy with heavy hands and great BJJ who understands team Khabib wants you against the fence.

Love me DF made 235.00 on him last weekend and will go bigger when this fight happens.

Great fight.

Ferreira is more dangerous than Lee

In his octagon interview after the Kajan Johnson fight Islam said "You know guys, Samba not like grappling, not like Jiu Jitsu. This is different level, I show you."

He showed us against Ramos and looking forward to him showing us again!

islam is going to face every unranked killer before facing a top 10 guy. ferreira is legit top 5 caliber fighter, I ll favor him over gaethje, cerrone, iaquinta, hooker etc

Kevin Lee would've been a much easier opponent for Islam, this will be a tough fight.

How many more bums are they gonna feed Islam before he has the balls to fight a real top 10 guy

islam is going to face every unranked killer before facing a top 10 guy. ferreira is legit top 5 caliber fighter, I ll favor him over gaethje, cerrone, iaquinta, hooker etc

I agree, there are several guys ranked ahead that would lose to either Islam or Diego.

I lol'ed when Islam said on the mic at UFC 220 "There's a lot of bum in top 15!"

This is what he meant.

I would argue ready for the top 10 and not top 5.

Diego is very skilled (I made a thread giving him props) but I haven't seen any evidence that he's top five with a win over Pettis.

It's a better win than anything Islam has though....
I meant more like ready to compete for a top 5 spot. Dont think Cowboy will be in there for too long.

I messaged UFC to make this fight, they didnt reply but this must have been because of me

<DCWhoa>

Hopefully you don't regret it. Ferreira is a much different beast than ramos. This is a legit test for both guys. I'm looking forward to it.

It sucks though that the guys I like always fight each other.

Diego is a good man. Not a coward unlike some of these other fighters.

In his octagon interview after the Kajan Johnson fight Islam said "You know guys, Samba not like grappling, not like Jiu Jitsu. This is different level, I show you."

He showed us against Ramos and looking forward to him showing us again!

He didn't show much grappling with ramos man. He took him down in round three after rocking him and kept him pinned against the cage for a minute or two without advancing position at all. Still a good win for islam.

Islam is an inch taller but has 3.5" reach disadvantage (according to UFC stats)
Those stats always fascinate me. Islam installer but has shorter arms...is he like a millipede?

I do feel like the Caucus fighters tend to have a lower reach to height ratio.

That'll be an amazing fight. I'm actually not sure who'd win that. I'm rooting for Islam tho.

Ferreira had a tougher run and still hasn't faced a top 10 guy.

This will be so good. Ferreira ran through another of Abdulmanap's students in Rustam Khabilov but Islam is better than Rustam everywhere.

Back