Media Abdulmanap: Islam Makhachev Will Get A Fight Soon. It's Diego Ferreira

I messaged UFC to make this fight, they didnt reply but this must have been because of me

<DCWhoa>

If he beats another fighter from the Caucasus people will have to call him the Caucasus killer.

All the best for both fighters! Hopefully after this Islam gets more high ranked fighters!

Respect to the Texas Brazilian taking a fight absolutely nobody wants!!!

This will shadow the Olivera vs Fighter bout, even though UFC would keep them as the main event (assuming its the same card)

This is a great match up, winner gets the winner of Oliver/FKL

tough fight for Islam. Diego is a bjj monster and has way better striking than Ramos. This will truly show if Islam is ready for the top 5.

diego would be a live dog here i think. islams size might be the problem, getting to him and through his reach will be trouble as islam is a patient striker who dosnt lunge in and over commit and also dosnt wait for one big counter strike.

grappling wise its interesting. i want to say islams size and skills should keep him safe but diego will find his back if they grapple long enough.

diego would be a live dog here i think. islams size might be the problem, getting to him and through his reach will be trouble as islam is a patient striker who dosnt lunge in and over commit and also dosnt wait for one big counter strike.

grappling wise its interesting. i want to say islams size and skills should keep him safe but diego will find his back if they grapple long enough.

Islam is an inch taller but has 3.5" reach disadvantage (according to UFC stats)

Can't believe he ducked Fighter Kevin Lee, lost all respect for Islam

The Russians are taking over!

Let's hope this actually plays out and isn't just funny business

tough fight for Islam. Diego is a bjj monster and has way better striking than Ramos. This will truly show if Islam is ready for the top 5.
I would argue ready for the top 10 and not top 5.

Diego is very skilled (I made a thread giving him props) but I haven't seen any evidence that he's top five with a win over Pettis.

It's a better win than anything Islam has though....

This is gonna be one heck of a good fight. Really look forward to this

Back