ABC show - BJJ is like the gayest sport in the world!

They can't even spell it right.

i had a friend who said only gay people do jiu jitsu, without thought i did a flying armbar and said, "you're now officially gay". then i said " i suppose only gay people tap" right after that he tapped and everyone laughed at him. i wonder why he hasn't called me recently?

I thought BJJ was a little homoerotic at first... I don't really see it so now though.. something about sweaty man bodies pinned against eachother as they pin down limbs and force the other into submission.

ToughChick said:
I thought BJJ was a little homoerotic at first... something about sweaty man bodies pinned against eachother as they pin down limbs and force the other into submission.

Who thinks that way except gay guys, seriously?

hockeyfacekilla said:
almost everyone that doesn't do it

Well then they must be projecting their own latent homosexual desires onto grapplers.

Someone else suggested this theory, but does anyone reckon some former karate guy had a hand in writing the episode?

Incidentally, this show seems like a poorly written girl's version of Malcolm In The Middle with out the subtlety. How the fuck did Heather Graham even end up on this thing? Who's dick didn't she suck in Hollywood to get bundled into this?

Goth_Judoka said:
I won't watch Heather Graham if she isn't showing her tits.

Thank God I'm not alone.

What were the other reasons given in the show(in hope that I don't fit the whole profile)?
Also, did the "boyfriend" end up being gay after all?

I doubt anyone actually watched the whole show otherwise they'd have traded in their balls for a tutu by now.

I knew this show wasn't gonna make it to a 2nd season, but damn. 1 episode, thats fucking horrible.

Superbeast said:
I doubt anyone actually watched the whole show otherwise they'd have traded in their balls for a tutu by now.

Actually no one watched the show............LOL

Anyone who gets offended by that clip needs to get a sense of humour. Its juvenile, but still pretty funny. The 3 people who watched it probably don't think any differently about BJJ

So the show was cancelled after one episode, and after ABC promoted it relentlessly.

The BJJ gods were watching from above (Carlos Sr., Maeda, Rolls, et al) and handed down their punishment swiftly upon those foolish people at ABC who thought they could ridicule BJJ and get away with it.

The show never had a chance and was forced to submit before it even know what hit it.

Ah, the irony is almost poetic...

" Despite the network's massive promotional effort behind Emily's Reasons Why Not, just 6.2 million viewers tuned in for the Jan. 9 debut of the female-friendly series."

If you want to appeal to women, you can't have a girl with one of the best bodies in the universe as the star... unless it's angelina jolie.

I like heather graham and all, especially in killing me softly and boogie nights, but uuuuuh, that show was just below the belt..... good thing it got cancelled... :p

I was rolling with some guys outside my dorm once and heard "shit! are thos guys f*king or fighting?"

Back