Ab Wheel

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Strongest Sherdogger ever swears by the ab wheel. I took mine out yesterday and its destroyed my core more than hundreds of reps of pulldown abs. Do you guys also use the ab wheel for core training?

Ab wheel is really the only direct core work I do now besides the main lifts. I used to be pretty good at the standing rollouts when I was lighter. Now I just work from the knees and it definitely still taxes me.

I use my ab wheel twice a week. I just do it on my knees though, but got to the point where it's pretty easy. Need to start going from the toes now. If you don't have one, too lazy to buy it or DIY it, you can always use your barbell.

Ross Enamait is a boss with the ab wheel. That dude is just overall super fit. I still have his spiral bound books from back in the mid 2000s.

I use my ab wheel twice a week. I just do it on my knees though, but got to the point where it's pretty easy. Need to start going from the toes now. If you don't have one, too lazy to buy it or DIY it, you can always use your barbell.

Ross Enamait is a boss with the ab wheel. That dude is just overall super fit. I still have his spiral bound books from back in the mid 2000s.

Back in 2007-2008, Ross was posted on this forum a lot. One of the things he posted was these furniture slider rollout variations. Here is a more recent video he posted of the variations. Some of them are pretty tough - harder than from the knees on a normal rollout but easier than standing rollouts.

Back in 2007-2008, Ross was posted on this forum a lot. One of the things he posted was these furniture slider rollout variations. Here is a more recent video he posted of the variations. Some of them are pretty tough - harder than from the knees on a normal rollout but easier than standing rollouts.

I need to try some of those. I remember he posted himself using it on instagram.

I need to try some of those. I remember he posted himself using it on instagram.

Those sliders come in handy too when moving shit too! We use them at work when we move these big awkward filing cabinets that you can't really grip anywhere.

lol same here. There used to be a ton of Ross threads in this forum, but they've fallen by the wayside in favor of topics like "can I achieve this physique natty?".

Just messed around with my sliders. I plan to use them often now since I can be in the house and play with my kids at the same time. I feel like it's harder then my ab wheel and really like the reverse leg curl movements. I may do it with bands as well to add more resistance and use dumbbells for the sliding reverse lunges.

Just messed around with my sliders. I plan to use them often now since I can be in the house and play with my kids at the same time. I feel like it's harder then my ab wheel and really like the reverse leg curl movements. I may do it with bands as well to add more resistance and use dumbbells for the sliding reverse lunges.
My two year old always steals my ab wheel if I use it in front of her lol

+1 on the ab wheel.

I do “abs” or core maybe 2x a week, but it’s either the ab wheel or something hanging as those 2 movements seemed to have the biggest carry over to lifting.

+1 on the ab wheel.

I do “abs” or core maybe 2x a week, but it’s either the ab wheel or something hanging as those 2 movements seemed to have the biggest carry over to lifting.

I hit the abwheel once per week but on another day I practice front levers so it's somewhat similar to hanging ab exercises. Pretty good challenge for the abs if you aren't good at the movement yet.

Ab wheels make a man outta you real quick. I need to buy a new one. I remember they also hit the lats good. Is that a good thing or do I just have shitty form?

Ab wheels make a man outta you real quick. I need to buy a new one. I remember they also hit the lats good. Is that a good thing or do I just have shitty form?

Seems like it would be impossible to use an abwheel without getting your posterior delts, lats, and teres major/minor involved. Pretty similar movement to a dumbbell pullover. As long as your low back isn't hurting and your hips aren't sagging when fully extended then your form is probably decent.

Back