Ab Exercises

I do these abs exercises for jiu jitsu that focus on your extreme lower abs. The motion is similar to as if you were opening your legs and pulling someone in to your guard. Then you go the opposite way. It really burns.

One exercise I have been doing lately that has really given my abs a good burn is to put an excercise ball between your legs. Then do a reverse curl and grab it with your hands. Then extend your hands and feel all the way out and repeat. Keep passing the ball off.

Hanging leg lifts on a pull up bar, while doing a pull up.

3 x 8: 2x a week

i do abs twice a week, on days when im not lifting:
M: rep upper
T: abs
W: lower
R: abs
F: ME upper

i usually will do 2-3 exercises. today i did: standing ab wheel rollouts, side deadlifts, arms extended planks.

I also work abs on Tuesday and Thursday, I haven't worked out my abs for two weeks. I sometimes work those days and I'm too lazy to do my ab workout after my other workouts.

I do:

Saxon side bends 3x8
Hanging-Knee Raise, I'm gonna buy ankle weights soon.
Flutter Kicks, I go for as long as I possibly can. <--- these fucking hurt.

Sometimes: russian twists, sit-ups, soon to try V-ups and dragon flags, both are new to me.

Damn Remy standing ab wheel roolouts are impressive as hell in my mind, working towards them myself.. How many do you do, can you go all the way and how long did it take to build up to them?

krellik said:
Damn Remy standing ab wheel roolouts are impressive as hell in my mind, working towards them myself.. How many do you do, can you go all the way and how long did it take to build up to them?

dont be fooled, i cant do them like the video urban posted. i can do about 6, and theyre more like singles.

i started off doing them on my knees, once i got up to about 25-30 good reps, then i switched to standing. i took some tape and cut small strips and measured out 3', 4', 5', 6' so that i could have something quantifable to measure my progress with. once you can do 3' for 8 reps, move up to 4', etc. also, i do a lot of planks especially in the completely extended position (arms overhead).

Thank for the answer Remy. When working for them im realising that they truly are a worthy goal since they are seriously kicking my butt..!

I tried those dragon flags today, it put weird stress on my back. I jsut finished my last set, and ummm... now it feels like I strained my neck??

I certainly felt it in my abs though...But I think I'll stay away from this one.

You must have been doing something wrong, i do 2 sets of 12 and have no problems with my back or neck. All i know is they've turned my abs to steel. I don't think your supposed to do full ones right off the bat tho, i did partials for maby 3 months before i started full ones.

Standing ab wheel rollouts are hard as fuck, got my ab wheel 2 weeks ago, im working towards standing rollouts too.

Back