Aaron Pico vs. Leandro Higo @ Bellator 206, San Jose

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Big step up for Pico here.

Thoughts?

Jack Nicholson yes gif

Coker brings the goods to the home of Strikeforce.

Like it. its at FW right? Higo is gonna give up some size but thats a tough fight for Pico.

Big test for him.

Pico getting that fast track again hope it works out better than this debut

Like it. its at FW right? Higo is gonna give up some size but thats a tough fight for Pico.

Big test for him.
Yeah, this fight will be at FW. Interested to see how Higo looks at FW.

If Pico can win this fight thats a great next step, after that you look towards Curran, Weichel's of the div before a title shot.

Pico wins but it’s a big step up for him

another easy match for Aaron, when will they test him, typical coker squash match :)

nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

Aaron Pico fighting hard fights.

But after blasting through a solid gatekeeper like Morrison I suppose it's valid.

Pico by violence {<RR}
on a side note. smart promoter would've announced Higo moving up first, before announcing a fight. so it doesn't look like you straight up bringing a smaller guy just to showcase a prospect.

Last edited:
Gotta respect Pico’s drive. Kid has balls to be fighting those with exponentially more experience than him. Win or lose, you can’t knock on this kid. Higo is no joke. He is moving up in weight, but he trains at a top class gym and has a very, very respectable resume.

This is one good card

Random thought, is Bellator trying to clear the path for James’ title shot? I wouldn’t be shocked if he were to get one if he were to win his next match

No guarantee that he wins. And there is aprox. A 0% chance that he beats Caldwell.

Random thought, is Bellator trying to clear the path for James’ title shot? I wouldn’t be shocked if he were to get one if he were to win his next match

No guarantee that he wins. And there is aprox. A 0% chance that he beats Caldwell.
I actually have the same idea, I thought it was strange that Caldwell moved up and Gallagher moved down in a very short period of time.

Wow we’ve already reached the point where Aaron Pico is fighting legitimate fighters. His ascension into the top of the sport is happening at a rapid pace. He could be Bellator champ by summer next year.

Wow we’ve already reached the point where Aaron Pico is fighting legitimate fighters. His ascension into the top of the sport is happening at a rapid pace. He could be Bellator champ by summer next year.
To be honest, every fight pico has had has been legit relative to pico’s own experience. Even in his loss, he debuted against a guy who was like 6-2 and considerably bigger than pico.

He last fought a guy who literally had 10 times the experience that pico had, with like 28 fights iirc

Win or lose, can’t help but respect that.

I actually have the same idea, I thought it was strange that Caldwell moved up and Gallagher moved down in a very short period of time.
Caldwell said his move wasn’t permanent. He is coming back down to 135. McDonald might be out yet again with another hand injury. Higo is tied up now with pico.

They really do seem to be clearing the path for james. Again though, James isn’t touching that title so long as Caldwell has it.

Back